Agenoria WR 1366 Pannier for Pencarrow Bridge

2ManySpams

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

No wheels and motor for the O2 is a good way to prevent a start on building it before the 1366 is finished.

How did you explain the O2 box to Mrs Spams on your return home?

Before I left for the show I asked what my Christmas budget was this year and therefore I've done her a big favour and she now doesn't have to go to the trouble of looking for something for me. Aren't I nice.

PS I've paid for more than half of it but it's still vanished. As you say that's probably a good thing with the 1366 to finish.

• RMweb Premium

I usually do the same for my presents but I don't get a budget that large unfortunately !

It beats underpants, socks and ties by a long measure. As I said she didn't buy the whole kit, just a contribution.

Think I'll be looking for contributions to the wheels, gearbox and motor fund in April...

It beats underpants, socks and ties by a long measure. As I said she didn't buy the whole kit, just a contribution.

Think I'll be looking for contributions to the wheels, gearbox and motor fund in April...

Shood I imform the mother in law of your request.

• RMweb Gold

Crowd funding ?

• RMweb Premium

Ok you should not have to fork out extra for what should be good quality castings in the first place, but wow they really do look the bizz and like you say the correct shape.

Martyn.

Agreed but it does seem to be a common failing in kits that parts that should be smooth, round and true are anything but. You can get away with some wobblyness on pipes etc but high profile boiler fittings, nope.

The chimney was an issue, and I think a 14xx was the closest we could find when matching drawings to casting (guilty of not paying attention to the type of loco it was made for). This does however fit a circular smokebox. In reality the 1366 has a circular smokebox too but i was informed by Warren Sheppard that it's plated over to match the tank level.

Close attention to photos shows the the circular flare at the base of the chimney isn't the same all round. There's more of it front and back than on either side. This adds weight to the real chimney fitting on a circular smokebox.

I therefore filed the curved base flat and this gives the same effect - the circular flare is more pronounced front and back.

Result!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Just had a hateful 3hrs with 3 bits of metal.

The task: form the pannier tanks.

Hindrance 1: it's grottied western and the four 90deg bends are all curves.

Hindrance 2: the kit manufacturer had rather helpfully done the top two bends but in the wrong locations making the tanks 6mm too wide. (yes I checked against the cab, footplate and drawings)

Hindrance 3: the inside half etch lines added to help form the lower curves were in the wrong place making forming the curve even harder.

Hindrance 4: the hold and fold was no use holding or folding the tank.

Hindrance 5: I really don't have the workshop kit to do this sort of thing.

Hindrance 6: no beer.

Got there in the end though...but the tanks will need some tidying up with files and wet & dry.

Will post a photo when the end result is less embarrassing.

So glad the next loco isn't grottied western! ;-p

Grrrrrrr!

I know how you feel about these tanks. They are not the easiest thing to get right. I have one to do when I get back to the 850. I am surprised that the manufacture had got their bends so far our. I would write the a stern email/ It would be better for them not to bother rather than send it out like that.

I do prefer that all the parts are flat I am not very found of pre formed parts.

Chris

I don't want to be like Senna the Soothsayer ("Doom, doom, and thrice doom"...) but I think you're going to have a bit of fun with the bunker too...

Maybe my CRT kit is not looking like such a bad idea after all...

Simon