Agenoria WR 1366 Pannier for Pencarrow Bridge

2ManySpams

I recall folk saying earlier in this thread that the earlier numbered kits were significantly better than the later ones designed by the current owner. I have nothing to measure this against as I've not tried an earlier numbered kit. I can contrast my experience with the Agenoria and Connoisseur kits though and they are like chalk and cheese.

Hi.

The kits designed and marketed by Pete Stamper were very good and reasonably priced. I have built a number and still have 3 more in stock just waiting their time. However as you have discovered the new designs by Williams are below par and very overpriced. Even the older kits have been price hiked way beyond their worth. Unfortunately by producing, badly, a number of interesting locos he has probably stopped anyone else doing that particular prototype.

Ian.

Guest Isambarduk

"However as you have discovered the new designs by Williams are below par ..."

And those kits of his that came out under the College Models branding?

I recall folk saying earlier in this thread that the earlier numbered kits were significantly better than the later ones designed by the current owner. I have nothing to measure this against as I've not tried an earlier numbered kit. I can contrast my experience with the Agenoria and Connoisseur kits though and they are like chalk and cheese.

Hi.

The kits designed and marketed by Pete Stamper were very good and reasonably priced. I have built a number and still have 3 more in stock just waiting their time. However as you have discovered the new designs by Williams are below par and very overpriced. Even the older kits have been price hiked way beyond their worth. Unfortunately by producing, badly, a number of interesting locos he has probably stopped anyone else doing that particular prototype.

Ian.

I have built three of the original Stamper Agenoria kits and was very pleased with them. I have another in stock waiting to be built. It is a shame that the original kits will no longer be available, but this painfil account of the construction of the 1366 is not a good advertisement.

I have a question,

I was looking at his Jinty kit, as at just over £300, including wheels motor and gearbox, it seems reasonable value, but from what I've been reading, is the Jinty one of the later (poorer) examples?

As if it is, I'll invest more pennies in a Jim McGowan version instead.

Jinty ;)

• RMweb Gold

I have a question,

I was looking at his Jinty kit, as at just over £300, including wheels motor and gearbox, it seems reasonable value, but from what I've been reading, is the Jinty one of the later (poorer) examples?

As if it is, I'll invest more pennies in a Jim McGowan version instead.

Jinty ;)

I would go for the Connoisseur one if I was you.

Don

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Something to test the eyes and brain cells, an early morning 'spot the difference' competition:

post-6675-0-20358100-1440828930.jpg

There's a change to the previous photo, but what is it?

Many thanks to Rob for sorting this, that's one less excuse to not complete the 1366.

• Like 1