Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bachmann NRM/Locomotionmodels.com - GNR Ivatt C1

.... Lovely loco. Thanks Sandra, Bachmann and locomotion for such a fine model and it arriving safely.....

Ditto

I remember seeing that 500 of the BR ones were made (plain only?), but dare I ask how many of the other liveries were made?

I noticed on the printed order confirmation a hand written number. Mine (a GNR 251) was "42". I wasted two days from the initial announcement choosing between the GNR or LNER versions. When the remaining balance of models are dispatched it might be interesting to keep tabs on the numbers as the NRM models are not Limited editions in the accepted sense.

I hope they've made enough to satisfy everyone who wants one and to make the project worthwhile but not too many that more than a handful are left in the shop.

That is to say a handful of LNER types as I'll have to save up for that as well now!

RP

Edited by Roy P

...Come on some brave manufacturer, explore the niche that is the ECJS and all the lines that ran to York in the pre-group to early LNER period. Contemporary observers rated this the greatest railway show in the UK, with nine companies regularly represented, practically every loco and carriage livery colour and scheme imaginable on show. The NRM 'just happens' to be there too...

With the Stirling single now announced, that's yet further progress in this direction...

Well my 251 turned up this morning at 9.30 courtesy of ups. Very well packed, loads of bubble wrap. In fact best wrapped loco I've bought for a long time.

A nice touch was the tissue paper protecting the outer box wrapper.

Very good finish, I've run it for 10 mins or so in both directions, good performance straight out of the box. Will run nice and slowly as well (on dc).

Pleasing "stately" gait when cruising along. Loco looks fantastic.

Excellent service from locomotion especially Sandra.

Great stuff.

Glad you all like the loco.. It's been a bit of a Headache to get them out and there are still lots to do. If you haven't got yours yet and have paid in full please be patient it will be on its way soon.

Thank you all too for the nice comments. Lessons learned from previous posts about wrapping so we have tried to improve There is so much bubble warp in the cupboard I could suffocate if not careful! In fact Stuart did get lost for a while today!

Cheers

Sandra

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Very many thanks Sandra and all the teams at NRM and at Bachmann who have worked to produce this little masterpiece. Mine arrived this afternoon, very well wrapped and it looks absolutely beautiful. 

very best wishes

Godtrey

Ditto

I noticed on the printed order confirmation a hand written number. Mine (a GNR 251) was "42". I wasted two days from the initial announcement choosing between the GNR or LNER versions. When the remaining balance of models are dispatched it might be interesting to keep tabs on the numbers as the NRM models are not Limited editions in the accepted sense.

I hope they've made enough to satisfy everyone who wants one and to make the project worthwhile but not too many that more than a handful are left in the shop.

That is to say a handful of LNER types as I'll have to save up for that as well now!

RP

I have no.5 apparently.  Now begins the hunt for the lucky guy who had no.1!

Thank you Sandra and everyone involved, mine arrived today and what a beauty it is. Well packed and every single other good comment posted so far are all true.

Even provided some comedy when the delivery guy sounded, over the phone, just like the plumber (who is booked for Friday) and confused my dad by saying he was on his way today.

Thanks again

post-18430-0-01328900-1428522450_thumb.jpg

I apologise for the rather bright glare on the wagon. It's not a glossy wagon but nor is it weathered.

The loco is stunning and I thought I'd pose it under my Grandfathers scratch built coaling tower, another sign of the north east.

Edited by WD0-6-0
  • Like 1

......... It's been a bit of a Headache to get them out and there are still lots to do......... There is so much bubble warp in the cupboard I could suffocate if not careful! ...........

Cheers

Sandra

If you've got a headache the bubble wrap may be therapeutic.  Wifey runs off with the bubble wrap from every new purchase. pop!pop!

RP

here is my weathered BR version arrived in NZ this morning Thursday. Marvellous!

post-7929-0-93747000-1428531527_thumb.jpg
post-7929-0-53400800-1428533602_thumb.jpg

Thank you Sandra, NRM and Bachmann.

edit; 2nd pic added above. ..both crying out to have front details fitted...

Edited by robmcg
  • Like 7

Sandra, could you update us about which versions have arrived, as I'm somewhat confused about which versions are with you. I've ordered and paid for a BR pristine black and I think that is expected this week, but I'm not sure?. Sorry, but it may take you away from the risk of falling into bubble wrap stupour.

Sandra, could you update us about which versions have arrived, as I'm somewhat confused about which versions are with you. I've ordered and paid for a BR pristine black and I think that is expected this week, but I'm not sure?. Sorry, but it may take you away from the risk of falling into bubble wrap stupour.

Black pristine were supposed to arrive first but black weathered came instead.  The majority of those have been shipped but I have one or two left to do.

GNR 251, we got a first batch in last week and I am trying to get those out as quickly as possible to those who have paid in full and in order of order (if that makes sense) If you havent paid in full yet please do .

Black pristine due this week or next week (hopefully)

LNER 3-4- weeks ish.

I am on a weeks holiday after today so Stuart will carry on while I am away.

Cheers

I've never been an Ivatt Atlantic fan, they always look a bit 'scrunched up' to me, but that is a very fine model indeed. Now if Bachmann decided to do a Robinson Atlantic that would be a different kettle of fish altogether!

Regards

• RMweb Premium

I've never been an Ivatt Atlantic fan, they always look a bit 'scrunched up' to me, but that is a very fine model indeed. Now if Bachmann decided to do a Robinson Atlantic that would be a different kettle of fish altogether!

Regards

What surely you meant Reid Atlantic