The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

• RMweb Gold

Shouldn't it be called "Piston Broke" :jester:

Keith

Hi Keith. From Box brewery. Very palatable.

Piston Broke.

ABV 4.5

Style; A fine, full-bodied golden ale with a clean, refreshing bitter sweet taste and a fruity, hoppy aroma. Bitter.

Rob.

post-14122-0-38128100-1490463905_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Tonight's tipple. A bit fruitier than I recall but a good heavyweight all the same.

Rob.

post-14122-0-56067400-1491156719_thumb.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The local Tesco's had various bottles of beer on reduced to clear a couple of days ago so I thought I'd try one, Lagunitas IPA. Have'nt tried it yet but will report back when I do. Went to get some more the next day but now sold out.

• RMweb Premium

The local Tesco's had various bottles of beer on reduced to clear a couple of days ago so I thought I'd try one, Lagunitas IPA. Have'nt tried it yet but will report back when I do. Went to get some more the next day but now sold out.

Nice US IPA

• 2 weeks later...

I have been a bit sceptical about these new Craft Beers. I was given a couple to try by a friend, one being a can of Lervig Johnny Low IPA from Norway, and I was amazed that a 2.5% beer could have that much flavour. 

Also a trip on the SVR last Friday, led me to the White Lion in Bridgnorth, the Hop and Stagger brewery is out the back, and their Golden Wanderer is stunning, even better with one of the home cooked Scotch Eggs.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Ah yes, a weakling among ciders, at 8.2%, and on offer in Morrisons and our local Co-op at three for a fiver.

6 for £9 at Tesco. Not my thing but we have a visitor this weekend who does not rate my cider (only 3.75%). It's selling quite well though and SWMBO insisted that we price it at £4 for a 75cl bottle!

• Like 1

On tap at the "Goat and Tricycle" this week

attachicon.gifIMG_20170329_144656.jpg

very quaffable!

Someone should have them on trades' description I mean, - at a poxy 4.4% no respectable newt is going to get anywhere tipsy, let alone in the sort of condition newts are famous for being in. However, that double IPA mentioned elsewhere in the thread sounds more the ticket!!

• 3 weeks later...

On a little tour starting in Cosham and heading up Portsdown Hill to the "Churchillian" for a couple before proceeding along the ridge to the "George" lovely pub where we greeted with this selection

post-13586-0-78552000-1494519678_thumb.jpg

from which I chose "Goodens Gold" 2nd from the right, from the "Flower Pots" at Cheriton both pub and beer highly recommended! . Walked back down into Cosham for a couple more before hopping onto the train home.

• Like 3

Guinness Export made mainly for the Belgium market, has been in short supply, but it has been replaced by the re branded Antwerpen 1944 stout in the program of up-dating the Dublin brewed beers, now available at 8 % again, very nice, how Guinness should taste.

Stephen

• Like 1

Guinness Export made mainly for the Belgium market, has been in short supply, but it has been replaced by the re branded Antwerpen 1944 stout in the program of up-dating the Dublin brewed beers, now available at 8 % again, very nice, how Guinness should taste.

Stephen

Hit some of the Afro-Caribbean shops. You can usually find the 8% Nigerian export Guinness there. 

• RMweb Gold

On a little tour starting in Cosham and heading up Portsdown Hill to the "Churchillian" for a couple before proceeding along the ridge to the "George" lovely pub where we greeted with this selection

attachicon.gifDSC00185.JPG

from which I chose "Goodens Gold" 2nd from the right, from the "Flower Pots" at Cheriton both pub and beer highly recommended! . Walked back down into Cosham for a couple more before hopping onto the train home.

I don't think that I would have bothered with The Churchillian. The George is a nice pub.