The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

Craft Beer in England passed me by.   When I was young I just wanted strength of alcohol - but after several “Lost Weekend” episodes I changed my tune.

Right now I like clear, not too strong but tasty, Bitter. A good pint of Adnams Best or Greene King IPA served by a Landlord who knows how to keep beer would be very pleasant.

Bit boring, really.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone tried the Cottage Brewing Co's Deltic Gold?

http://www.perfectpint.co.uk/real-ale-beers-info/17239/Cottage-Brewing-Co/Deltic-Gold

Does that mean if you have too many you'll put a leg out of bed? (old Deltic joke)

Good reasons to drink beer #1

attachicon.gifProhibition.sized.jpg

What a fearsome bunch.

Keith

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Gold

Last nights accomplishment for us!!

US beer fest in the Rake in Borough Market.

Good to see Gigantic Brewery as its a tiny brewery in South East Portland, Oregon. so that was a nice surprise. Our favourite was the Left Hand Milk Stout but it was a close call.

post-1557-0-96780200-1408010101_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-87514800-1408010108_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-30634100-1408010119_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-44505400-1408010130_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Mythos - sampled a certain amount of this in Greece recently - well it was hot and walking around the Acropolis and other antiquities demanded certain thirsts to be satiated. Drink a bit on hot days here in UK (hope we get a few more hot days this year) to bring back the trip. Other Greek beers were Fix and Alpha. Of the three I preferd Alpha. I guess they cannot be classed as craft beers but, boy, were they welcomed after a long days sightseeing, walking of driving.