The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

Called in at Beers of Europe at Setchey near King's Lynn, Norfolk a couple of weeks ago and picked up several types of Bavarian beer from this years Oktoberfest for Christmas. The Hacker Pschorr Superior fest beer is coming in later, possibly mid December. This warehouse has a huge range of international beers and spirits. Well worth a look on their web site.

post-13514-0-93802000-1510939791_thumb.jpg

Can of cold Draught Guinness at the moment. Have bought a few "special" beers for Christmas at Asda today - one is a "Sticky Toffee Pudding Beer" - sounds interesting !!

Not a beer, but I got a(nother !!) bottle of Josef Meier's "Krauter Likor" - a 30% German liquor of herbs and spices - better tasting I think than Jagermeister, and just £10 a bottle at Asda today. Aldi do a similar drink, Jagdbitter, all are quite nice on a cold winters night !! PROST !! (or is it Frost !!).

Brit15

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

At a meeting in Bristol yesterday where one of the speakers was the founder of Orchard Pig cider. A fairly remarkable business that has grown rapidly in just ten years.

So the conference was about brand development and the Orchard Pig branding and social media is all very clever. The conference organisers kindly gave us a goodie-bag including a bottle of Truffler. We tried it last night and I thought it pretty ordinary.

• Like 1

Tonight's after match tipple is a Nut Brown Ale from Samuel Smiths. 5% brown Ale and quite difficult to pick up in Darlington. I picked up this bottle from an Ale house/shop in York- The House of the Trembling madness! Well worth looking up if your in York.

post-7305-0-67355900-1511475218_thumb.jpg

A bonus point if anyone can name the detective that liked this particular beer when relaxing at home?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Just an aside, but the Co-op own brand Czec lager is stated as "brewed in the Czec Republic", and is apparently brewed by Staropramen.  It does not seem to have changed in taste - is it old stock?  I wonder.

Tonight's after match tipple is a Nut Brown Ale from Samuel Smiths. 5% brown Ale and quite difficult to pick up in Darlington. I picked up this bottle from an Ale house/shop in York- The House of the Trembling madness! Well worth looking up if your in York.

attachicon.gifIMG_0492.JPG

A bonus point if anyone can name the detective that liked this particular beer when relaxing at home?

Endeavour Morse was partial to a Sammy Smiths. It's a shame you don't see it about in the Midlands. Church End Goats Milk seems to be going down a real treat at the moment, as does Coastal Hop Monster, and Purity Lawless in a can from Morrisons.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Endeavour Morse was partial to a Sammy Smiths. It's a shame you don't see it about in the Midlands. Church End Goats Milk seems to be going down a real treat at the moment, as does Coastal Hop Monster, and Purity Lawless in a can from Morrisons.

More particlarly it was bottled Old Brewery Pale Ale, but he was apparently partial to Morlands (in The Dead of Jericho he visits a Morland's pub close to the murder scene), and also was seen quite often in the Turf Tavern, which offered a number of decent ales.

More particlarly it was bottled Old Brewery Pale Ale, but he was apparently partial to Morlands (in The Dead of Jericho he visits a Morland's pub close to the murder scene), and also was seen quite often in the Turf Tavern, which offered a number of decent ales.

Thanks- I had totally forgotten about that episode where he drank the pale ale (I think it was 'Driven to distraction').

The episode I remember was in his house and there was a Nut Brown bottle on view but I can't remember the episode unfortunately!

• RMweb Premium

Thanks- I had totally forgotten about that episode where he drank the pale ale (I think it was 'Driven to distraction').

The episode I remember was in his house and there was a Nut Brown bottle on view but I can't remember the episode unfortunately!

Me neither, but you're 100% on Driven to Distraction being the episode in question.  I used to call the Pale Ale "old socks" as that was its distincive odour to me.  Used to drink it in the Citte of York by Chancery Lane tube - probably couldn't afford to drink there now.

• RMweb Gold

IMG_0492.JPG

Popped into my mum's tonight and there was an episode of Frost on itv3 and there he was sat in a Sam Smith's pub, couldn't say what he was drinking though.

• RMweb Gold

Yesterday I went to the dentist, with some discomfort. He applied a temporary filling - but also provided several prescription items. As a result I am off alcohol for a whole week. Retired to France and can't drink? How stupid is that? 

• RMweb Gold

Yesterday I went to the dentist, with some discomfort. He applied a temporary filling - but also provided several prescription items. As a result I am off alcohol for a whole week. Retired to France and can't drink? How stupid is that?

Quel damage.

• RMweb Premium

Just mention Henry V and Agincourt and carry on supping. The Taffs had the right idea and shoved 2 fingers to 'em.

• 3 weeks later...