The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

• RMweb Gold

Popped into my mum's tonight and there was an episode of Frost on itv3 and there he was sat in a Sam Smith's pub, couldn't say what he was drinking though.

Surprising when the map of "Denton" frequently seen in the background at the police station is clearly Swindon. I don't think there are any Sam Smith's pubs there.

• RMweb Gold

As you say good selection but at those prices it would stay in the keg! I was drinking Palmers IPA near Bridport on Wednesday at £3.60 a pint very nice.

Similarly down here in Bournemouth, some pubs are charging ridiculous prices for craft beers. Let's remember that small producers pay less duty.

• Like 1

Surprising when the map of "Denton" frequently seen in the background at the police station is clearly Swindon. I don't think there are any Sam Smith's pubs there.

Very strange that they used a Swindon map as it was mostly filmed around West Yorkshire, plenty of Sam Smiths pubs around that area mind!

Edit- just found out after a bit of digging that scenes for 'Denton' station were filmed at Wakefield Westgate.

Edited by 43110andyb

A beer tonight from the York Brewery- Guzzler 3.6% -again a great beer and yet again another Yorkshire beer love in from me! We're getting some great new brewery's in Darlington (Durham) so I'm not forgetting my own 'land of the prince bishops' for beer but at the moment Yorkshire for me leads the way to date!

post-7305-0-58522900-1513553377_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Christmas lunch cooking demands a strong beer- St Austell Proper Black seems to fit the bill- 6.0% black IPA is strong enough to deal with the sprouts!

attachicon.gifIMG_0547.JPG

Oddly, my tipple of choice today as well for the cooking - even managed to pour it properly with no great loss and no sediment - it really is a stunner this one - Tesco locally have it at £1;50 a bottle of you buy four for £6.

Supping a bottle of Adnams Ghost Ship pale ale.. Bottle says "has a good assertive, pithy bitterness with a malty backbone and a lemon and lime aroma" who writes this stuff !!!

Anyway, A it's bit perfumey for me, but not too bad.a taste.  6 / 10. 

Brit15

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Just tried this one - weighs in at 7.5 and quite tasty in a strange sort of way.  Booths were knocking it out at a quid a bottle today, but there were only a couple left.  My wife tasted it, looked to have been poisoned and asked if it was off.  Not that bad really, and of there is any left tomorrow at another branch I may well get a few more.

very-bad-elf.png?1503743751

Tomorrow I have still got

warm-welcome.png?1503743799

to try

Edited by 45156
  • Like 3