• RMweb Premium

Looks good Andy and should certainly quench your thirst for shunting. However, I have one slight reservation if I may and that is the pinch point - excuse the pun - in front of the signal box. You'd lose almost all movements if either of the points went down.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Two more turnouts ( to give two lines in front of the SB) and you could have so one could be on the branch and one on the main. The are times when it is nice to see two moving at once. Of course on the other hand a train stopped at a signal on the branch waiting for the road as something departs on the main. A Nice little scene.

Don

• Like 4

Looks good Andy and should certainly quench your thirst for shunting. However, I have one slight reservation if I may and that is the pinch point - excuse the pun - in front of the signal box. You'd lose almost all movements if either of the points went down.

Two more turnouts ( to give two lines in front of the SB) and you could have so one could be on the branch and one on the main. The are times when it is nice to see two moving at once. Of course on the other hand a train stopped at a signal on the branch waiting for the road as something departs on the main. A Nice little scene.

Don

Hi Guys, well you've spotted my cunning plan, that is NOT to motorise the Points, but have a Crew working on the Three Way and No Trains able to move, modelling over, switch off and go indoors and read a book.

Cheers.

Looking for a Name!

Hi all, well you may be able to help me, I'm looking for a (SENSIBLE CLIVE please) name for the new Layout. Its based around the Plymouth  / South Devon area, with the Branch going down to possibly Devonport Dockyard or the Mayflower Terminal Docks, (see Google Maps).

So put your thinking caps and chapesses on, these are a couple that I have given thought to.

Kingsbury,

Kingsby,

Kingsmore,

So you can see my thinking there following on from my Kingsmill thread.

• Like 2

post-6894-0-55668600-1430682519_thumb.jpg

You know how I like to justify a layout. How about 'Devonport New Passage Hill'?

Edit: or Devonport Park maybe? I prefer the first though tbh

Edited by RBE
  • Like 6

Looking for a Name!

Hi all, well you may be able to help me, I'm looking for a (SENSIBLE CLIVE please) name for the new Layout. Its based around the Plymouth  / South Devon area, with the Branch going down to possibly Devonport Dockyard or the Mayflower Terminal Docks, (see Google Maps).

So put your thinking caps and chapesses on, these are a couple that I have given thought to.

Kingsbury,

Kingsby,

Kingsmore,

So you can see my thinking there following on from my Kingsmill thread.

Pilgrim Junction

Pilgrim Town

Edited by Donington Road
  • Like 3

WARBURTON it is then. and as I was born in St Budeaux, and named St Budoc and Trebudoc after the area it fits in well and with my usual thinking of names that actually mean something to me, thanks Guys, I just knew you would come up trumps.

Possibly taken from Cav's map but the main linking to St Budeaux Station and the Branch to the Dockyard for MOD etc.

Also in response to Ray H and Don's comments I have added 2 more points, (that feels like the Old Me coming back), and put in an extra loop, so moving the Signal Cabin back, or it may need to come the other side of the tracks with its back to me.

I will start the new Thread and put the new Track Plan in there.

Cheers Guys over to Warburton now, well give me a few Min's to sort it out.

• Like 4

Haha ignore me Andy. I just have to have a mental picture in my head how any layout a I build fits into the existing infrastructure. That map I found looks pretty much perfect. If that stuff doesnt affect you then no need to get bogged down. The Warburton works well with the previous Kingsmill bread refs!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well I was too late to chip in with New Millbay. I did think about something to do with Tamar. Tamar Dockside sounds good to me but you would have to change the plans again Noooooo!

Don

• Like 2