Wycrail'14 - Saturday 1st November - High Wycombe and District MRS

Graham_Muz

just been doing some route planning ahead of Friday's trip and found this:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.6446578,-0.7963412,3a,75y,315.63h,67.11t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1sM57MYRu1YuB3ylHyUPO_gQ!2e0!5s2008-10

that's the year before I first went down :)

That was probably one that Dad and I put up!

Thanks Simon.

Is the sales form referred to on the website missing? I can't see it to download.

I should be there, but I can't find it either, so I would email Paul (using the email address there) and see what can do, he's the person in charge of it all.

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Home after the initial set up tonight, a few exhibitors are still to arrive tomorrow but we are pretty much ready for the doors to open tomorrow at 10am tomorrow. 

Fisherton Sarum is also set up and awaiting stock to be put on first thing tomorrow. I look forward to seeing RMwebbers tomorrow, please make sure you drop by and say hello. 

Just returned from this event which is local for me and I have to say what a superb exhibition it was.

Well done to everyone involved in putting it together and if  next years is as good it will be well worth waiting for. 

Thank you.

Hello All

Had a great time at the Wycombe show today, met lots of people that I had not seen for a while.

Well done to everyone involved with the show.

Below are some photos that I took of the layouts

Diesels in the Duchy

post-7053-0-43898800-1414857159_thumb.jpg

Georgemas Junction

post-7053-0-21870100-1414857179_thumb.jpg

Stoney Hill West

post-7053-0-99191200-1414857217_thumb.jpg

BNSF Horsethief Bridge

post-7053-0-96893900-1414857258_thumb.jpg

Pendennis

post-7053-0-68254600-1414857313_thumb.jpg

Cardiff Canton

post-7053-0-00286600-1414857398_thumb.jpg

Hartburn

post-7053-0-65607100-1414857431_thumb.jpg

Galatia KS

post-7053-0-72927300-1414857465_thumb.jpg

Fisherton Sarum

post-7053-0-81360800-1414857507_thumb.jpg

Westcliff

post-7053-0-97173700-1414857538_thumb.jpg

That Dam Railway

post-7053-0-23086300-1414857569_thumb.jpg

Barton Hill

post-7053-0-82680100-1414857608_thumb.jpg

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

... an absolutely fantastic show ...

In full agreement with these sentiments, very good modelling, good stands and an excellent venue. I came away just after 3pm because I needed food not just cakes. I'm quite sure I would have stayed longer if I could have satisfied the inner dragon.

Any chance of the show being over two days next year?

Regards

• Administrators

Sounds like it's going to be crowded tomorrow - hope someone saves me a space in the car park.  (think too that we'd better start with the cakes - are there layouts as well?)

There was cake. And it was excellent.

2014-11-01 10.52.23.jpg

• RMweb Gold

As always an excellent show and congratulations to HWDMRS for producing another good 'un, a suitable and worthy swansong for Dave Fryer as the Exhibition Manager as I understand this was his final show before handing over the reins.  The car park space was indeed there - in the overflow area but on a hard surface (sheer luck I was told!).  As ever not just good organisation in a great venue but a good selection of good/top notch layouts plus a  range of trade support.

The highlight for me was probably some of the best steam sound I have ever heard on a layout - on Ian Mellors' Fourgig East, brilliant stuff.

The highlight for me was probably some of the best steam sound I have ever heard on a layout - on Ian Mellors' Fourgig East, brilliant stuff.

And somehow I suspect you're not referring to the "Pug"....

I've certainly never heard "Land of my fathers" on a DCC chip before!

• RMweb Premium

A big thank you to the club and kitchen folk from the Diesels in the Duchy crew. A very enjoyable show. Good access to the hall enabled a very quick pack up time and we we were on the road within 50mins.

Thanks all and well done to West Cliff, loved the layout as soon as I saw it this morning.

post-6675-0-90072700-1414868786_thumb.jpg

There were no chocolate flapjacks :punish: That aside it was excellent.

The layouts were almost all to an excellent standard and there was definitely something for pretty much everybody. There was a good range of traders. And the coffee cake was excellent.

• RMweb Gold

A big thank you to the club and kitchen folk from the Diesels in the Duchy crew. A very enjoyable show. Good access to the hall enabled a very quick pack up time and we we were on the road within 50mins.

Thanks all and well done to West Cliff, loved the layout as soon as I saw it this morning.

attachicon.gifrps20141101_190542.jpg

A beautiful scene and food for thought Chris.

• RMweb Premium

A (hopefully constructive) note to the exhibition team. We had lots of comments from the punters about the stability (or lack of) of the barriers.

The feet were placed alternate inward and outward facing to prevent the barriers falling over. And we had many comments that the feet on the public side were a trip hazard. Those feet facing into the public also failed to stop the barriers tipping alarmingly when the public lent on the barriers.

I think the posts and top rails are fine but the bottom foot/brace is too small.

A (hopefully constructive) note to the exhibition team. We had lots of comments from the punters about the stability (or lack of) of the barriers.

The feet were placed alternate inward and outward facing to prevent the barriers falling over. And we had many comments that the feet on the public side were a trip hazard. Those feet facing into the public also failed to stop the barriers tipping alarmingly when the public lent on the barriers.

I think the posts and top rails are fine but the bottom foot/brace is too small.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the comments, this has been noted and I know the brains behind the barriers are looking at solutions.

Simon

Archived