Thorburn's

themagicspanner

More fantastic images.

I thought they couldn't get much better than the BDA outside the sheds, then saw the one of the Class 26 from the front - fantastic.

Even though it hasn't been weathered yet, it doesn't look out of place.

Cheers

Alan

Hi Mike,

Some great photos. This is a really neat layout that really catches the atmosphere of urban grot. With the light in the pictures it gives an impression of a miserable winters day and I think that is what makes it stand out from other similar layouts, plus of course some great modelling. Looks good in both colour and B&W.The second photo is brilliant, it certainly made me look twice.

Cheers, Les

Thanks Jock.

I'm not sure. Maybe a micro 7mm layout designed around the Minerva Peckett E Class or for a bit more of a challenge, a JLTRT Class 08 (I do love an 08).

The other option is to convert some of my N gauge stock to 2mmFS and have a shot at that...

...or I could build something else in P4, maybe using some of the Colin Craig turnout kits.

Mike

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thanks John.

Not sure where I'm going with the next project. Priced up a JLTRT Class 08 this morning: All in it comes close to £500 so not sure it's going to be based around one of those!

Might have to be a P4 depot as I've got a 37 and a 56 waiting for conversion... It might even be based on this place.

5397451553_4c484f054c_b_zpsskzrdohb.jpg

Mike

Edited by themagicspanner
  • Like 6

Great atmospheric shot Mike. Could I ask what you use to tie down the pipe load on the BDA. I intend to have a couple of loaded BDAs on my my next layout.

Mal

Cheers again Mal,

I just cut thin strips of Duck Tape (other brands are available) and painted them. They've started to go a bit loose now but nothing that can't be fixed.

Mike

• Like 1