RMweb

Hattons announce 14xx / 48xx / 58xx

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

I'm no expert at critiquing instruction sheets, but that does look pretty comprehensive.

With the reference to 'spare parts', does that mean that all the individual components listed on these sheets will be available separately? (I know it does refer to that on the sheets, but if this is the case, I am amazed at such a comprehensive service).

• RMweb Premium

Can we have some more info as to how easy it is to get into the cab to fit loco crew. While the parts list implies it should be straight forward, actually having such info printed in the instructions would leave no doubt about the matter.

• RMweb Gold

Hi All

Just to clarify about the spares situation.  The sheet is included to identify faulty or missing parts from the locomotives, we will not be able to sell them as parts for anyone who has not purchased the model.  We do not get many spares of some items and we feel we need to help anyone who may have a problem with theirs.  I know some on here have expressed an interest in buying bodies etc but we will not be able to facilitate this at this stage.  If we find we are left with lots of a particular spare in the future this may change but for the time being we cannot supply these.

Thanks for the suggestion about the cab phil-b259, we will have a look into putting this on.

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the suggestion about the cab phil-b259, we will have a look into putting this on.

Not necessarily a propos of this particular loco, but might there be a case in the future for some discreet holes in footplate floors, to enable modellers to position crews (which would have matching spigots coming out of one foot) inside the cab, via the cab opening, without having to dismantle the body to do so?

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

we will not be able to sell them as parts for anyone who has not purchased the model.  

Does that mean you will sell spares to those who have purchased a model? e.g. if I mess up converting 5814 to it's correct 1930's as-built condition, can I get a replacement part #47?

My suggestions for possibly useful additions:

1. the dimensions of a sugar cube speaker which would fit;

2. how to remove the body; and

3. how and where to fit accessories, if they are not all already fitted.

I endorse the above, particularly number 2 which I think is essential.

Are the lubrication instructions intended to be fully comprehensive? What about, for example, the driving wheel axles?

Your invitation to us punters to comment upon the "draft" instructions is highly commendable.

Colin

Does that mean you will sell spares to those who have purchased a model? e.g. if I mess up converting 5814 to it's correct 1930's as-built condition, can I get a replacement part #47?

Following on from these comments by 57XX, would you be able to supply spares for say (for example) someone wishing to make a 58XX using your model, but was fitted with a top feed?

• RMweb Gold

Hi All

Regarding spares, there will not be any available to 'buy'.  They are just to replace any parts that arrive damaged or missing or which develop a fault within normal use of the locomotive as per the warranty.  Due to their limited nature we cannot send out parts for people to modify our (or anyone else's) models.  As stated before, if we end up with a lot of spares after the models have sold out then we may consider releasing them for sale but this will not be possible at the moment.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Ryan,

We've had a further undecorated sample of the loco sent as a final 'test loco' which has been undergoing testing during the past week. This has been accepted and the 'clean' locos are now in production in China. We're expecting final decorated samples of the weathered locomotives shortly and, following approval of these, they will be going into production too (although not without being displayed on here first!)

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I endorse the above, particularly number 2 which I think is essential.

Are the lubrication instructions intended to be fully comprehensive? What about, for example, the driving wheel axles?

Your invitation to us punters to comment upon the "draft" instructions is highly commendable.

Colin

I would like to recommendations for DCC chips ( or at least maximum dimensions that can fit into the intended space),

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ryan,

We've had a further undecorated sample of the loco sent as a final 'test loco' which has been undergoing testing during the past week. This has been accepted and the 'clean' locos are now in production in China. We're expecting final decorated samples of the weathered locomotives shortly and, following approval of these, they will be going into production too (although not without being displayed on here first!)

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Dave. I look forward to seeing the weathered versions.

Regards, Ryan

• RMweb Premium

A major step forward from a retailer who understands the customer needs

And as previously suggested clear instructions of how to fit a chip or sound chip/ speaker and train crew would be well received by the modeller.

Terry

I would like to recommendations for DCC chips ( or at least maximum dimensions that can fit into the intended space),

Agree... most manufacturers need to take note of this, a couple of examples is Bachmann hall(shakespere express set) Bachmann decoder would not fit in the pocket and the oxford adams radial.. seems only the tcs chip is thin enough to fit the space... its ok saying dcc ready on the packaging with the type of 6 pin/8pin or 21 pin info... until you get the body off you have no idea what decoder will suffice..... 

Agree... most manufacturers need to take note of this, a couple of examples is Bachmann hall(shakespere express set) Bachmann decoder would not fit in the pocket and the oxford adams radial.. seems only the tcs chip is thin enough to fit the space... its ok saying dcc ready on the packaging with the type of 6 pin/8pin or 21 pin info... until you get the body off you have no idea what decoder will suffice..... 

I agree with that. One virtue of the 21-pin decoder is that manufacturers have to (and sometimes do) ensure that there is space for the decoder as it will only fit one way. The harnessed 8-pin is very handy for non-DCC-ready locomotives but the idea that the decoder fits “anywhere” has often led to models where the decoder will fit nowhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I see there's pictures of the weathered ones on Facebook now

Regards Neil

Hi Neil,

Yes, we've received these very recently and photos will be uploaded here when I get a few minutes spare (most likely next week now) as I've been in our store helping the 70th Anniversary events take place. If anyone wants a sneak preview they'll be on display tomorrow at our store.

Cheers,

Dave