Kernow GWR steam rail motor

DJM Dave

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Possibly the difference between a shop sale and a pre-order?

Normal shop activity will carry on whilst the pre-orders are processed.

CJI.

Presumably there are models at both of the shops - for retail customers to walk in and buy - and, separately, at their warehouse/mail order centre.  Unless staff are moved from one place to another there will only be the normal number of people to handle pre-orders through the warehouse and quite likely insufficient space there to get in anyone else in to help out with packing and despatch of pre-orders.

Just give them and the hard working folk in the warehouse time to work their way through things  we'll no doubt get them when they get to our individual orders and not before.

• Like 1
  • Agree 16

• RMweb Gold
On 19/01/2024 at 23:47, Edge said:

Has anyone been having trouble getting their interior lights to go on during analogue running? None of mine light up - the lamps work fine, but nothing else

I can confirm mine work on DC just fine. They are dim (e.g. realistic rather than obscenely bright and gimmicky) but they do indeed work fine even at low speeds.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

Not too worried about the timing, as I gather the DCC Sound ones are getting prepped before shipping, and my order was only placed last fall, so late in the line.

What I am curious about is if Kernow is sending emails confirming shipment? Always nice to know when things are moving given the vagaries of international mail some days to be watching for things coming so you can get alarmed if they take too long or go awol!

Cheers,

Stephen Gardiner

Toronto, ON, Canada

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, sjgardiner said:

Not too worried about the timing, as I gather the DCC Sound ones are getting prepped before shipping, and my order was only placed last fall, so late in the line.

What I am curious about is if Kernow is sending emails confirming shipment? Always nice to know when things are moving given the vagaries of international mail some days to be watching for things coming so you can get alarmed if they take too long or go awol!

Cheers,

Stephen Gardiner

Toronto, ON, Canada

I received an email (Friday) to say it’s been dispatched even before the status was updated on the website.  I’m hoping it will be delivered early next week on that basis.

Frank

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I had mine out on the test track yesterday. Even before running in it started smoothly, no sudden lurches or drag race launches. It's a very smooth runner overall and quiet too, no noisy mechs here.  This was tested with an ECM controller (DC PWM).

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, sjgardiner said:

Cheers,

Stephen Gardiner

Toronto, ON, Canada

Yes you should receive an email as part of the despatch process.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

Yippee my No. 97 has been shipped. It's on it's way. (e-mail today)

In the End, I managed to get a couple of Lenz Silver PluX22 so it can be running in pretty quickly

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 5

Are there any videos of the sound fitted versions? I know they’re being released later but don’t recall seeing any pre-production sound examples. 

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, sjrixon said:

Oh, that looks nice in that colour!!! 

They look nice in all of the colours although I haven’t seen anyone with the brown version yet.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Once again I reiterate that  we are working our way through literally 1000s to dispatch, (and maintaining our usual turnaround of picking and packing the normal run rate of our usual order volumes) and will generally be done in 'date paid for' order, this means some customers will receive theirs before others... and some will receive theirs after those some, but before others...

As also already stated the sound fitted versions are in parallel to all of the above being fitted and tested as expeditiously as we can within the KMRC own workshop so may take a little longer to prepare and dispatch some of these sound fitted versions.

But be rest assured all will be dispatched in due course, so please be patient and resist the testation to call, post on forums, fax, electronic mail or send pigeons asking 'where mine is..'

Thanks.

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 10

2 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

As also already stated the sound fitted versions are in parallel to all of the above being fitted and tested as expeditiously as we can within the KMRC own workshop so may take a little longer to prepare and dispatch some of these sound fitted versions.

On 23/01/2024 at 01:11, AussieEE said:

My sound fitted model of No 93 has reached me in the land down under.

😞

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

😞

Indeed as I sated "some customers will receive theirs before others... and some will receive theirs after those some, but before others..."

• Friendly/supportive 4

2 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

Indeed as I sated "some customers will receive theirs before others... and some will receive theirs after those some, but before others..."

In case this helps...

image.png.7772e2aea498c47c7db6ac03c4340ec1.png

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Only you evidently found Australia!

😉

Have you never come across the equation Speed of Delivery is inversely proportional to the Degree of Nagging?

CJI.

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 5
  • Funny 3