Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Kernow GWR steam rail motor

DJM Dave

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Colin_McLeod said:

I ordered and paid on 25/12/2022, GWR lined livery. Item arrived 17/01/24 in Ireland.

Quite clearly not in payment order then.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, mikesndbs said:

Hi guys, I ordered mine on 09/12/2022 and have not received it yet not getting any reply.

Those that have just got them can you give me an idea of your order date so i can see how far down the list I am please?

Just trying to plan things in.

that recent…

i ordered my 29th December 2014… 

9 years, 19 days (3289 days ago).

mine just says “order pending”, since I paid up 30th Dec 2022.

When I ordered it, the Railmotors modern comparison, the metropolitan D78 stock was still running for LU, by the time the railmotor arrives, the D stock would have become a class 230, bankrupted its company, seen most unconverted shells scrapped and most class 230’s withdrawn / stored with minimal use… 

So much for progress…. Maybe someday in 100 years someone will convert a class 230 back into a D78 for preservation and we’ll see a model of that…

;-)

Edited by adb968008
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Has anyone been having trouble getting their interior lights to go on during analogue running? None of mine light up - the lamps work fine, but nothing else

Edited by Edge

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Mine has never said anything in the status, but I have a receipt from Kernow dated 30/11/22 confirming full payment, which also shows on my CC statement

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Mine has never said anything in the status, but I have a receipt from Kernow dated 30/11/22 confirming full payment, which also shows on my CC statement

I dont put a lot of value on their notes field…

it invariably means very little, unless your ordering something in stock on the spot and the orders fulfilled immediately.

They use a bizarre system of orders, refund of pre-orders, different stock control systems, order systems which you can and cannot see…, but it does all seem to work… I've never not received something I was expecting, and the “invisible” order system always matches what ive on order, even if the “visible” system looks out of date….

Makes as much sense as the valve gear on the SRM to look at… my order page still shows a DJ class 74 on order since 2016 !.. now if that turns up I will be gobsmacked.

Have faith, it’ll turn up.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

I’ve noticed that if I order on line, my order gets added to my list of orders but if I order by phone, it doesn’t. The stuff still turns up. Kernow seems to have thousands of orders to get through. That’s good news to offset the closing of Hatton’s and the ending of Warley.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, adb968008 said:

that recent…

i ordered my 29th December 2014… 

9 years, 19 days (3289 days ago).

When I ordered it, the Railmotors modern comparison, the metropolitan D78 stock was still running for LU, by the time the railmotor arrives, the D stock would have become a class 230, bankrupted its company, seen most unconverted shells scrapped and most class 230’s withdrawn / stored with minimal use… 

So much for progress…. Maybe someday in 100 years someone will convert a class 230 back into a D78 for preservation and we’ll see a model of that…

;-)

We've still got two 5-car D78 Stock Rail Adhesion Train (RAT) versions and a 3-car double-ender spare / donor unit on the books.

Looking forward to getting RM No. 93, was such a nice experience to travel on at Didcot during their 50th anniversary celebrations. The power bogie alone is a tribute to the skill of Dennis Howells and his team.

Regards,

Dan

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Edge said:

Has anyone been having trouble getting their interior lights to go on during analogue running? None of mine light up - the lamps work fine, but nothing else

If you don't mind me asking, have you checked when running in the dark to check the interior lights are on, as they should be always on when on DC, as we have set the interior light level to a level that they are not too unrealistically bight (as many model lighting is far to bright). 

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

If you don't mind me asking, have you checked when running in the dark to check the interior lights are on, as they should be always on when on DC, as we have set the interior light level to a level that they are not too unrealistically bight (as many model lighting is far to bright). 

I have contacted kernow directly about this and it’s been solved. I only have an extremely small loop of track and have to run the locos very slowly to avoid them flying off :) it appears that the juice I was giving the models wasn’t enough to illuminate the interior lights. I have briefly tested at higher speeds and voltages and all works. 

as for the bluetooth sound decoder installation, all went very well and the on board speaker works a treat. I can turn the directional lamps on and off, but the interior lights being controlled by function 6 won’t work with the Hornby decoder. Not a fault, but a limitation of using an nxt18 decoder, plux 12 adapter in a plux 22 socket and controlling with a Bluetooth interface not designed for anything except the decoder :) 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

As we have already stated we have thousands to process and we will get to everyone's in due course. 

Hopefully that means that they will be profitable, and Kernow will be able to produce another ( Southern 😏 ) oddity just as popular.

I will agree with others that that power bogie is a wonderful work of art.

I await my two with baited breath (and greed).

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel bad. Am I the only one who has brought the SRM to cannibalise it for the power bogie to put in a SRM from another company?

I had originally opted for 2 but backed of in more recent years. It is a lovely model in its own right and a bit of me feels it is a shame to take it apart…….unless Kernow are doing spare power bogies as an after sales item? Then I would not need to take this one apart.

richard 

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, richard i said:

I feel bad. Am I the only one who has brought the SRM to cannibalise it for the power bogie to put in a SRM from another company?

Probably☺️

• Thanks 1

Well mine arrived safe and sound this morning after a Royal Mail e Mail saying it was out for delivery today……..put it on the track and what a little cracker it is, runs beautifully smooth,quiet as the proverbially mouse and looks absolutely great and stunning, well worth the wait and more importantly well done Kernow……….

dave brighty………

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Graham_Muz said:

As stated above it is already a good push fit, even PTFE tape will be too much additional width and once pushed in tight for normal use the chimney stays in happily place, handling of the packages during shipping may it appears potentially cause the chimney to be slightly loose on arrival.  

Just found mine on the floor after noticing it wasn't where it should be. On refitting I found it was a rather loose fit. Then I turned it about 90 degrees and it became much tighter. So if anyone has a loose chimney try rotating it until it improves.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

8 hours ago, Graham_Muz said:

........ in due course. 

Graham, don't you mean.....

20240120_200101.jpg.4444d6abac281603bc241fc31fc51153.jpg

......although I suspect normal Cornish time has been temporarily suspended in a warehouse in Camborne 😀!

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

10 hours ago, Gwrpannier said:

Ordered 16th Jan 2024 received 18th Jan 2024.superb service and model.

Ouch! That hurts. Ordered mine 27th July 2021, paid in full December 2022, and still waiting for a note from Kernow! But what’s another few days after thirty months, although hoping they’ve still got one left for me.

• Friendly/supportive 4

I ordered one when they were first announced. A while later I got an extraordinary email from Kernow asking me, for some reason, to re-order. I was so annoyed that I decided I could live without one.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Gwrpannier said:

Ordered 16th Jan 2024 received 18th Jan 2024.superb service and model.

Yike.. :) Mine was ordered so long ago I can't remember that far back ;)

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, Nick Holliday said:

Ouch! That hurts. Ordered mine 27th July 2021, paid in full December 2022, and still waiting for a note from Kernow! But what’s another few days after thirty months, although hoping they’ve still got one left for me.

Possibly the difference between a shop sale and a pre-order?

Normal shop activity will carry on whilst the pre-orders are processed.

CJI.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2