Kernow GWR steam rail motor

DJM Dave

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Fair do's, you were before me in the queue.  I think there's a few more to go yet before it's my turn.🙂

My payment receipt is dated 12 December 2022 but no sign of anything yet!!

10 hours ago, adb968008 said:

my paid for date was 30th Dec 2022…

Hmm, mine was a week before, so had the logic offered of processing strictly in payment order held good, I would have heard by now.

So, I imagine I'll get the news anytime now. Excitement! It's sure to turn up, and probably sooner than later now. In the meantime I am neither impatient nor concerned, and, not wishing to tempt fate, I think I have the necessary remaining life expectancy to see this model before I am called to my Eternal Rest, so all good.

To be fair, so far Kernow has had less than a fortnight (give or take 8 years) to get this to me, and one should embrace the sense of anticipation that no news creates!   

I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

image.png.7c6b9967d99f225bf33e1253be32fc6a.png

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

GWR Steam Railmotor Update
We currently working through the nearly 3000 pre-paid orders still to dispatch, primarily in paid for order date.
Obviously with such a large number of orders to process some customers will receive theirs before others, so please be patient, we will get to everyone's order as soon as we can!
We have updated our dedicated project page here https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/144/KMRC-Locomotive---GWR-Steam-Railmotor

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, brumtb said:

My payment receipt is dated 12 December 2022 but no sign of anything yet!!

Mine was 30/11/22 and was processed Monday, coming today according to RM.🙂

Edited by melmerby

4 minutes ago, Kernow MRC said:

GWR Steam Railmotor Update
We currently working through the nearly 3000 pre-paid orders still to dispatch, primarily in paid for order date.
Obviously with such a large number of orders to process some customers will receive theirs before others, so please be patient, we will get to everyone's order as soon as we can!
We have updated our dedicated project page here https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/144/KMRC-Locomotive---GWR-Steam-Railmotor

It's wonderful to hear that these amazing models have sold so well! Congruations to the Kernow team.

• Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Hmm, mine was a week before, so had the logic offered of processing strictly in payment order held good, I would have heard by now.

So, I imagine I'll get the news anytime now. Excitement! It's sure to turn up, and probably sooner than later now. In the meantime I am neither impatient nor concerned, and, not wishing to tempt fate, I think I have the necessary remaining life expectancy to see this model before I am called to my Eternal Rest, so all good.

To be fair, so far Kernow has had less than a fortnight (give or take 8 years) to get this to me, and one should embrace the sense of anticipation that no news creates!   

Harry-Enfield-in-Kevin-and-Perry-Go-Large-Premium-Photograph-and-Poster-1022087__86110.jpg.c86f8b953f8dfc60276c626ef6bb0672.jpg

😏

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 6

I happened to be in this morning when DPD attempted to deliver mine so I missed it.
Delivery now arranged for tomorrow when I shall also be in, so keeping fingers crossed I spot them.

Hope it is ok in the back of the van till then.
No one has yet mentioned how whelmed they were on receipt of how big the box was and how well packaged the model is, unlike reviews of some other recent releases of new models. Is it anything like an Accurascale box?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Free At Last said:

Is it anything like an Accurascale box?

I would describe it as normal and perfectly adequate with foam lining around a secure acetate clamshell.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Free At Last said:

I happened to be in this morning when DPD attempted to deliver mine so I missed it.
Delivery now arranged for tomorrow when I shall also be in, so keeping fingers crossed I spot them.

Hope it is ok in the back of the van till then.
No one has yet mentioned how whelmed they were on receipt of how big the box was and how well packaged the model is, unlike reviews of some other recent releases of new models. Is it anything like an Accurascale box?

The model box was wrapped in bubble wrap and snugly fitted into a stout cardboard outer box.

Arrived safely with no damage apart from a dislodged funnel that was easily popped back into place.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

No.97 duly delivered by RM 30 mins ago,

First impression - Wow.

It superb. the detailing is magnificent.

Chimney hadn't been dislodged in transit but one of the folding step handrails had - took just seconds to put it back

Can't wait to get some power on to it check it's running qualities.

Poor old postie had a bit of a circuitous route* to get here as the council had decided to close off several roads around here for some resuracing work without giving notice.

Several puzzled drivers when they get to the end of the road and found it totally blocked!

* the postie's walk is part on foot, part by van, using the van to deliver parcels separately from letters.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Edwardian said:

It's not fair, I hate you!

Doesn't quite work, perhaps...

image.png.31f0a87a79372048cbb0f1e8c20e75a3.png

In those times maybe more

"Its not agreeable, one would no longer like to be aquainted with one"

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Edwardian said:

It's not fair, I hate you!

Doesn't quite work, perhaps...

image.png.31f0a87a79372048cbb0f1e8c20e75a3.png

I think Kevin would be in the bunch of youths on the left - this is across section of our village in about 1907 posing behind the shop.

0717a64e-6144-4e6f-bbe0-630b5afaf0e5.jpeg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

I think Kevin would be in the bunch of youths on the left - this is across section of our village in about 1907 posing behind the shop.

0717a64e-6144-4e6f-bbe0-630b5afaf0e5.jpeg

Whatever Kevin looks like he is probably stamping his foot complaining "That is so unfair" that he has not received the Steam Railmotor model that has not been announced yet... 

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

Nice touch in the polybag are the destination boards with a blank one for a bespoke job of their favourite West Country place.😉

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

A couple of birds-eye views of 93's roof:

100_8772a.jpg.06debc33bcc67ace1bb8adcafcd1c2e9.jpgP1060539a.jpg.b67c300329ebb24a286b860c1a9f73b3.jpg

NB. The chimney hadn't fallen out in the box - it was removed to allow travel over NR, within the loading gauge.

Received my email, this afternoon, for my chocolate/cream No. 97 - ordered 11/12/2022.

• Like 18

2 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

This is the car of our village doctor who held surgeries in the back of the shop. A bit off topic while we wait!!

ff52d36c-9f70-4c3c-8a39-ecaf65f2b50e.jpeg

A replacement 'bus service might be more appropriate!

image.png.877724146d727fdd73d83269a95eba5e.png 

• Like 4
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Edwardian said:

The unmistakable figure of Orson Welles and the sound of the zither.Wien Mitte awaits the sound of the railcar 🤪

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

It's been 10 years since this was announced and people haven't got the patience to wait another week or two. Give the guys a break!

• Like 1
  • Agree 11