New Hornby Collectors Club?

southernelectric

This will be 14 months since official announcement (Feb 2018).

In that time, new batches of H Class models have been released from the factory, and entire new models have been designed and produced (the Terrier). This is a bit of a disappointment.

I wonder if, as a Club Model with a built in discount, it is not a financial priority. Then again, would rather this complex livery was done to a high quality than rushed.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Butler Henderson said:

The delay could be down partly to sorting out the running hot / burnt out capacitor issue that has plagued the H Class.

Ohhhhh, of course.....

The  Flux Capacitor problem!!!

No wonder they're getting later!  ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hroth said:

Ohhhhh, of course.....

The  Flux Capacitor problem!!!

No wonder they're getting later!  ;)

Could be they have got sent back for correction, whatever If it takes any longer my OO "N Elevation" elevator might actually turn up before it - that's  been a wait of 21 months so far.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Budgie said:

Has the delivery date changed again for the collectors' club H class? Today is the last day of March and i still haven't got mine.

Currently due May...

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/shop/pre-orders/bluebell-railway-secr-h-class-0-4-4t-263-era-11-Hornby-collector-club-exclusive.html

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Its April, and I've just realised no sign of 263. Then I remembered it was now due for May.

Sceptically, I've just looked at Hornby's website to see when other newly-announced H Class models are due (it would make sense for them to be in one batch), and we see June and August. So I'm confused and none-the-wiser; will Hornby really have three production slots for H class models this year??? I will be pleasantly surprised if 263 makes it this side of the first half of 2019.

I see that R3631 BR, H Class, 0-4-4T, 31265 - Era 4 is listed as "coming soon", due in June.

Not a mention of R3648, which is still listed as arriving within the next 5 weeks!

On 22/04/2019 at 19:41, Tiddles47 said:

Apparently they are on the ship.

Hmmmmmm....  Time will tell!

• 2 weeks later...

A third of the way into May and even the New Tooling Terrier in SECR livery has beaten the Collectors Club H Class to the delivery bay!

Just waiting for "Expected" to slip to September...

1 hour ago, G-BOAF said:

Why so pessimistic?

Because Hornby! :jester:

(And its not in the Coming Soon section, even though the non-club "H" due in June has been there for weeks)

It also b00gers up my acquisition forward planning.....

Edited by Hroth
More gripes
  • Like 1

On 22/04/2019 at 19:41, Tiddles47 said:

Apparently they are on the ship. (according to Hornbys own forum) and due anytime soon.  But don't quote me on it lol

I'm to blame for this... I asked a Hornby rep at the Ally Pally show and they told me they were on a ship and due in April. I'm sure they were being truthful, maybe something else has gone wrong (e.g. they arrived and they still had faults and had to be sent back), who knows.

I emailed them and they now say later this month, so let's see !

• Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, drt7uk said:

I'm to blame for this... I asked a Hornby rep at the Ally Pally show and they told me they were on a ship and due in April. I'm sure they were being truthful, maybe something else has gone wrong (e.g. they arrived and they still had faults and had to be sent back), who knows.

I emailed them and they now say later this month, so let's see !

Ah fair enough drt7uk. To be honest now im getting fed up of waiting , but I guess another 2 weeks wont hurt lol Lets hope they are in the next delivery with the Stepneys!!

• Like 1

In fairness to Hornby, products are normally postponed prior to the anticipated month. i.e. Hornby sem to know what is being shipped from the factory. The fact that they are still shown for May, and it is May, is a good sign.

• Like 1

On 15/05/2019 at 10:10, Tiddles47 said:

Ah fair enough drt7uk. To be honest now im getting fed up of waiting , but I guess another 2 weeks wont hurt lol Lets hope they are in the next delivery with the Stepneys!!

Yeah me too. I don't want to sound too precious but I think I'd be a bit less fed up if they had just kept us updated a bit,.I don't think any of us would mind if they just said 'we've got a problem with the capacitor in this model (or whatever the issue has been) and it's taking longer than we wanted to get it fixed' instead of just changing the date and not saying anything. Not much point of this being a collectors club if they don't keep us informed. Moan over. As you say, let's hope they are with the Stepney's, have got one of them on order too!

11 hours ago, drt7uk said:

Yeah me too. I don't want to sound too precious but I think I'd be a bit less fed up if they had just kept us updated a bit,.I don't think any of us would mind if they just said 'we've got a problem with the capacitor in this model (or whatever the issue has been) and it's taking longer than we wanted to get it fixed' instead of just changing the date and not saying anything. Not much point of this being a collectors club if they don't keep us informed. Moan over. As you say, let's hope they are with the Stepney's, have got one of them on order too!

Absolutely well said sir!! Couldn't have put it better myself.  Not a good way to treat Colletors Club members

• Like 1