Kirkby Luneside

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

I love the humour lads. Great stuff. So, update:

Jason, I've refined my signature - it's now just a thumb-print.

Simon, the DAS-signed ones come under the category of "limited editions". They cost £20.

Mr LMS - do we have a name? - I prefer to arrive in style. So no limo for me, I'll just pedal up from my penthouse (Premier Inn) in my classic Sinclair C5. I don't need security - nobody would waste bullets on me!

So there you have it. All input on my DAS-encrusted keyboard with my DAS-encrusted fingers..... :D  :D  :D  :D

Jeff

EDIT: Apologies to all you serious modellers who look on here to see some proper railway work. Normal service will be resumed once "the boys" learn how to behave themselves!!

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening all.

I managed to get back into the Bunker this evening and I've started work on a little project. No, not the retaining wall - that will now be done after the Stafford meet.

What I'm doing will take me, maybe, 4-5 days, so I should be able to show the result by the middle of next week.

Until then, it's back to the gossip and "humour"!!

Jeff

• Like 2

Evening all.

I managed to get back into the Bunker this evening and I've started work on a little project. No, not the retaining wall - that will now be done after the Stafford meet.

What I'm doing will take me, maybe, 4-5 days, so I should be able to show the result by the middle of next week.

Until then, it's back to the gossip and "humour"!!

Jeff

OHLE Woodhead conversion OR back to OO? 

:no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

OHLE Woodhead conversion OR back to OO? 

:no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :sungum:

I'm well practised with the tracklaying Andy, but I'd need a bit longer for a reconversion (sounds like I'm getting religious!!).

All will be revealed in good time.... "Have patience my son!!"

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Watching the continuing evolution of your masterpiece has inspired me to rip up my layout and start again ,more space around the station and hopefully I can emulate some of your methods . Chris

Hi Chris.

Apologies for being responsible for a layout "rip-up". Don't rely on what I do - most of it is made up as I go along.

I always think that if you're happy with what you've done then you shouldn't be influenced too much by others. One reason I hardly look at other layout threads on here anymore (other than a very select few, "favourites") is that I don't want to get too many ideas and end up regretting what I've already done!

Do you have a layout thread on RMweb?

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

Don't feel guilty Jeff I have been thinking about a change for a while now as my knees wont take being lent on so as I can get in the shed to run my layout! The original layout was a roundy but my heart is in end to end so the new one is fiddle yard to terminus with a great deal more space around everything.The old layout had become cluttered as my other half kept telling me and had lost its way ,so from the ashes a new idea has arisen luckily I found that I had enough track to relay  and I have paid a great deal attention to the running quality and will be using wire in tube on the points.The new project will have a well separated goods yard that will operate using a shunter loco only and of course ground cover with static grass which I enjoy blending .Overall I hope that the layout will be okay and will use as many techniques seen on this excellent RM WEB.  Chris

• RMweb Premium

I thought I'd better post something. It's very quiet on here, but it's VERY busy at this end....

I've been spending about 6 hours a day for the last 4 days on my little project and hope to post something on here by Thursday - not that the job will be anywhere near complete by then!

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

I thought I'd better post something. It's very quiet on here, but it's VERY busy at this end....

I've been spending about 6 hours a day for the last 4 days on my little project and hope to post something on here by Thursday - not that the job will be anywhere near complete by then!

Jeff

Hmmm. I think he's been converting more stock to EM gauge.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hmmm. I think he's been converting more stock to EM gauge.

Good try Jonathan, but not quite right.

In fact, cold - very cold..... :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

What I'm doing is FAR from completed.

BUT - I'll post some pics on here tomorrow evening and put you out of your misery!

In the meantime.....keep guessing!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

MSE signals?

MSE signals?

I wouldn't know a SME from an MSE from a EMS signal if you dragged me Home from a Distant place!

Al...... reminds me of "are we there yet?"

Btw, what I've been doing is NOTHING EXCITING - just time consuming.

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Model Signal Engineering. You will be learning about making signals from their kits at some point as Ratio ones would be sacrilege when you have gone to so much trouble elsewhere.

• RMweb Gold

Yep, agree with Jason, MSE signals are far better than anything you could buy ready to plonk, and can be tailored to match the prototype exactly.

You can make them fully working with the addition of a servo and an LED.

It would be a great shame to compromise what you have done so far with sub-standard signals.

Al