Bachmann/Olivia's Trains Direct Rail Services Class 37 Limited Edition

I should really put this in the 'Bargains' section but thought it may be more appropriate here. Only 2 left, but haven't seen it anywhere near as cheap anywhere else!

http://www.hobb-e-mail.com/Bachmann-32381m-new.html

Matt

15% off rule doesn't apply to this model? Or doesn't apply to Faversham?

Looks like I can dump mine cheap then, if you can't beat 'em join 'em.

15% off rule doesn't apply to this model? Or doesn't apply to Faversham?

Looks like I can dump mine cheap then, if you can't beat 'em join 'em.

Is the embargo from eight weeks from the arrival of the models (ie into Bachmann UK warehouse) or from time released to retailers? I have never fully understood the embargo rulings as most seem to keep only 15% off, after eight weeks.

I am convinced I read this, and I can spend the evening searching for it if wished, that as it was a private commission, the 15% eight week embargo does not apply. Now that I am sure was published in the new Rail Express Modeller....or here, or there...

Is the embargo from eight weeks from the arrival of the models (ie into Bachmann UK warehouse) or from time released to retailers? I have never fully understood the embargo rulings as most seem to keep only 15% off, after eight weeks.

I am convinced I read this, and I can spend the evening searching for it if wished, that as it was a private commission, the 15% eight week embargo does not apply. Now that I am sure was published in the new Rail Express Modeller....or here, or there...

I've always gone by the date on the invoice for a new release if I get it at the time of release... if I order it after release date but still within the eight weeks then who knows? If I don't know when it came out then how do I know when not to apply my usual 25% off?

You may be right, the original commissioner would not be bound to sell at a particular price so perhaps it follows the rest of us shouldn't either when selling the exact same model.

I've always gone by the date on the invoice for a new release if I get it at the time of release... if I order it after release date but still within the eight weeks then who knows? If I don't know when it came out then how do I know when not to apply my usual 25% off?

You may be right, the original commissioner would not be bound to sell at a particular price so perhaps it follows the rest of us shouldn't either when selling the exact same model.

I must say, it is refreshing to read your post! I have not yet found a retailer who after 8 weeks, prices the model more competitively. Every retailer seems to follow the 15% off rule forever. Now I need to find your website!

I must say, it is refreshing to read your post! I have not yet found a retailer who after 8 weeks, prices the model more competitively. Every retailer seems to follow the 15% off rule forever. Now I need to find your website!

To be fair, things are often sold out by that point anyway, but if they aren't sold out then there's clearly a lower demand (or we ordered too many).

It's OK if you want to hold large stocks and the cashflow can stand it, but there are real locos to pay for that take priority!

• RMweb Premium

Got mine, lights up but no movement at all :(

Driver was rattling around inside, and on taking the body off found loose coil thingy

gallery_24698_3502_6154.jpg

Await response from retailer

Sorry to hear that yours doesn't work.

Just out of interest where did you buy it from?

I bought three Bachmann DRS Compass 37405s. Two of them worked perfectly but their was a slight problem with the third with the lighting. If you look at the two red wires on your above photo near the cab end one of them was completely lose so it had to be soldered back on. Works fine now but that was a slight issue I had with one of mine.

Hope you get a replacement soon. There are still plenty of 37402 available.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to hear that yours doesn't work.

Just out of interest where did you buy it from?

Thanks. I'll advise once they've responded. Hopefully a swap. 

That's an inductor coil for interference suppression. One in each motor lead. 2 minute fix with a soldering iron. (It'll take longer for the iron to warm up).

Cheers

Mick

Thanks, that was my thought. But with the loose driver as well (far left of pic) I suspect it has taken a bash at some point so don't want to start messing with it in case there are other issues yet to come to light. Plus I have fat fingers when it comes to soldering!

Visited the Bachmann stand today at Glasgow show and asked about 37418 in EWS they advised they have not yet decided how the model will be distributed due to the fact it was produced in smaller numbers and there would probably not be enough to go to all the shops in any quantity. I assume that as 37402 was ltd to 750 that 37418 will probably be the smaller 504 run for ltd models.

Might be one for the club or maybe sold on as ltd edition to another retailer as a bulk of 504 to sell as ltd edition.

Visited the Bachmann stand today at Glasgow show and asked about 37418 in EWS they advised they have not yet decided how the model will be distributed due to the fact it was produced in smaller numbers and there would probably not be enough to go to all the shops in any quantity. I assume that as 37402 was ltd to 750 that 37418 will probably be the smaller 504 run for ltd models.

Might be one for the club or maybe sold on as ltd edition to another retailer as a bulk of 504 to sell as ltd edition.

Thanks for the update. It is interesting as when this model was originally advertised by Olivias it too was a run of 750.

• 4 months later...

Might be one for the club or maybe sold on as ltd edition to another retailer as a bulk of 504 to sell as ltd edition.

Kernow now saying 37418 is on it's way.

Both of my New drs 37405 and 37402 are spot on,im realy looking forward to the large logo 37401 next. :senile:

Is 401 being modelled as 1980's 401 or 2016 401? Looking at the online pics it doesn't have black headcode box which puts it as 2016, but has older overhead warning flashes which puts it 1980s!

• RMweb Premium

Is 401 being modelled as 1980's 401 or 2016 401? Looking at the online pics it doesn't have black headcode box which puts it as 2016, but has older overhead warning flashes which puts it 1980s!

I have been reliably informed on here that it is been modelled as a 1980s loco.

Therefore to bring it up to 2016 condition it would require the cantrail lining and the warning flashes adding. Possibly other things which I may have missed.

Hope this helps.

I have been reliably informed on here that it is been modelled as a 1980s loco.

Therefore to bring it up to 2016 condition it would require the cantrail lining and the warning flashes adding. Possibly other things which I may have missed.

Hope this helps.

Yep, Thanks for that, looks like another addition to the ED '4' fleet then.

Archived