Bachmann/Olivia's Trains Direct Rail Services Class 37 Limited Edition

I emailed Bachmann about this loco. They have stated that they will make an announcement about them on their website in the near future.  Based on that I would be surprised if they are going to sell them at Warley.

I asked Bachmann at the stand today, a rather dismissive conversation said "He cancelled it, it is not made, it is cancelled" then to my hmm "how could be have it here, is it not available". Lets just say, I did not push the matter further.

I guess time shall tell.

• RMweb Premium

Not exactly sure how that can be. To my knowledge Olivia's had the production sample model not so long ago so at least one must have been produced if not more and apparently Olivia's cancelled the order once Bachmann had dispatched them from the factory, so that would assume that all 750 have been produced and are somewhere in the UK by now I would think because this was weeks ago.

Compared to one of the previous posts this is really strange because apparently an announcement is to be made soon via the website.

Possibly some confusion at Bachmann over what is supposed to be said regarding these models at the moment...

• RMweb Premium

No doubt the murky world of lawyers and accountants are involved at the moment and their dark arts are obscuring the true picture until some sort of agreement has been reached (or indeed someone has coughed up owed reddies)

• RMweb Gold

No doubt the murky world of lawyers and accountants are involved at the moment and their dark arts are obscuring the true picture until some sort of agreement has been reached (or indeed someone has coughed up owed reddies)

I agree, my guess is if these have been cancelled after despatch then reason for this maybe less prosaic, especially if the supplier has taken a worthwhile deposit for commissions or requires COD.

Just as Warley was closing a container turned up at Hall 5, Graham Lovett shouted "Merry Xmas!, here's a present from me to you all for my retirement"

Seven hundred and fifty class 37s enough for a couple each to everyone left in the hall.

Don`t you mean Graham Hubbard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seeing as 37402 is now in Large Logo Blue livery, 37402 for the DRS livery proved a poor choice. Perhaps this was known and hence the project cancelled.

Reflecting on my Warley trip, I am now under the impression the Bachmann rep, though blunt, was correct that these were cancelled and never made - time shall tell. But I am pleased in the end I did not get 402. Instead I have renumbered 405 to 425 and 423 with R3Spyrays superb decals and nose cones with wipac lighting.

For the RVEL Twitter page: https://twitter.com/rvel_derby

• RMweb Premium

I have bought three DRS Compass 37405s from Ehattons. One is already in traffic as 405 and the other two will become 419 and 425 in the near future. I also already have 409 in Compass so that will bring my DRS Class 37/4 fleet to a strong four. I might possibly add to this with 37401 and/or 37402 in large logo in the future. Depends really on what other DRS locos I want to acquire and the money obviously.

37402 was not a poor choice. It was a DRS 37, not done in model form in that number. It would have to be commissioned years ago and few then would have expected DRS then to be putting engines into a heritage livery given their corporate identity is normally enforced. Thankfully, its now available somewhere other than Olivia's...

37402 was not a poor choice. It was a DRS 37, not done in model form in that number. It would have to be commissioned years ago and few then would have expected DRS then to be putting engines into a heritage livery given their corporate identity is normally enforced. Thankfully, its now available somewhere other than Olivia's...

Sorry, where is it available? Or did you mean will be available? Thanks.

I'm assuming the ltd ed model of 37418 in EWS also originally commissioned by Olivias is affected in the same way?

Sorry... thats a misconception on my part. If its not out yet I would think that it will become available in the future if the model has actually been made and then cancelled at last minute which is widely regarded as the current status quo. Whether thats from Bachmann direct, or sold to another outlet I don't know. But both are options if indeed the batch was made....

• RMweb Premium

Seeing as 37402 is now in Large Logo Blue livery, 37402 for the DRS livery proved a poor choice. Perhaps this was known and hence the project cancelled.

I doubt that it was known by many that 37402 was going to be repainted in LL blue. (There are rumours that other DRS 37/4's will also appear in LL blue, but nobody seem to know exactly which ones)

The big problem with producing current (ish) models is that liveries can change in between them being approved by the manufacturer and actual production. A similar example can be cited for Hornby's EWS 67001. The model livery was approved just as the prototype was repainted into Arriva blue, but Hornby still produced it in EWS colours.

Cheers,

Mick

Reference the above post, quote taken from the email i received from Olivia's Trains about the DRS 37s

'Dear Valued Customer

I am sorry to announce that we have cancelled our Limited Edition Class 37’s with Bachmann.

The Reason for this was a RRP increase from £125.95 to £137.95.

This was only indicated to us at the departing of these Loco’s from China with no prior notification of any increase, I thought I was unable to accept such a increase and this is the only reason for the cancelation.

I have spoken with Bachmann on the 2nd November and they will let me know how and when these models will be released for sale in the near future, we have had an assurance from them that if these are made available to retailers they will supply Olivia’s with all our outstanding orders and we will then honour the original £125.95 you pre-ordered them at.'

As this suggests, they have been made and are probably just sat at Barwell until such a time when Bachmann offers them to retailers

I got a renumbered one into 402 from 405 and then a standard 405 as well in a twin sleeve.

Thanks

Matt

Archived