• RMweb Gold

Looking nice sir.

Please can we have the grotty concrete signal box/cabin?

Cheers

It is still possible it may appear,Weird Broad Gauge Guy. I haven't ruled it out yet.

Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just time for a further image from Norman's last visit to Sheep Lane to keep us simmering away..........

post-14122-0-50372700-1506181827_thumb.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 9

It is still possible it may appear,Weird Broad Gauge Guy. I haven't ruled it out yet.

Rob

Ahem !

Weird ? Broad Gauge ?

I very beg your pardon Sir.

post-20303-0-58049800-1506187511_thumb.jpg

A.Fan

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

You'd have thought old IK woulda known better than to stand that close to the running line with his back to the traffic!   Perhaps he thinks standard gauge trains will miss him; there were some pretty daft concepts postulated on both sides at the Gauge Commission...

• RMweb Gold

You'd have thought old IK woulda known better than to stand that close to the running line with his back to the traffic!   Perhaps he thinks standard gauge trains will miss him; there were some pretty daft concepts postulated on both sides at the Gauge Commission...

Nah, the outer rails are actually small, leather vacuum tubes and the trains run on the centre pair of rails, re-gauged to 7' 0 1/4".

• RMweb Gold

Bonjour CK.

When you next visit, I shall ensure you have access to the products of the local pie shop. The beef and stilton in particular is very nice..........and they do fine bangers as well.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Bonjour CK.

When you next visit, I shall ensure you have access to the products of the local pie shop. The beef and stilton in particular is very nice..........and they do fine bangers as well.....

But Monsieur L'Ambassador, you are spoiling us wiz your fromages!

• RMweb Gold

May I just say that the above post (number 2833), whilst signed by someone calling himself 'C.K.', is not actually by me.

This is the work of a blatant imposter, someone who no doubt has a secret stash of cute little pannier tanks in his cupboard.

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

Ah, Trago Mills? 

the Alton Towers of Cornwall as I seem to remember from my incarceration in St Austell back in the '80s.

Well, this would be the one near Newton Abbot, but same difference, I'm afraid.

Best avoided when it's busy, and then best avoided when it's not.

Well, this would be the one near Newton Abbot, but same difference, I'm afraid.

............................. and then best avoided when it's not.

Oh dear, not quite that bad; If you know exactly what you want, and keep your hands tightly clenched at all other times, there are bargains to be had. Stray from that path however.. Many a time I've unloaded the car and wondered quite why I bought half of the contents therein.

• RMweb Gold

Bonjour.

I am doing some modelling. Ground cover coming on but fair to say that compared to Sheep Lane, Mutton has been troubled with several c*ck ups. Given the limited time I have available for modelling, this is not a good thing.

However I can see some progress emerging from the fog of frustration, no really.....ish..

As an aside I had to reluctantly turn down a last minute approach to exhibit Sheep Lane at the Swansea show this week end due to existing commitments which couldn't be altered. Gutted!

21st/22nd Oct is the Cardiff show, not to be confused with the Small Cardiff show which takes place in January 2018 and which will see Muttons debut in due course.

I will be at the October show on the Saturday only as I am on nights on the Saturday night. Be good to bump into any one who might be loitering with or without intent at said show. They do cake.

This week end should see some photos of 'progress'on Mutton....I hope......

Rob.

• Like 1

As an aside I had to reluctantly turn down a last minute approach to exhibit Sheep Lane at the Swansea show this week end due to existing commitments which couldn't be altered. Gutted!

Me gutted too - to be there on Sunday, hoping am I....!! Would have loved to see Sheep Lane there..

Not sure I'll be able to make it to Cardiff, think we might be heading to Hampshire to visit daughter & family again.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Me gutted too - to be there on Sunday, hoping am I....!! Would have loved to see Sheep Lane there..

Not sure I'll be able to make it to Cardiff, think we might be heading to Hampshire to visit daughter & family again.

Keith

Be great to see you at the January show, Keef. Jan 20th......

Rob

Edited by nhy581

• RMweb Gold

Sadly missing the October Cardiff show this year as it clashes with a thing I do in another life (not all bad as the other thing gives me a visit to the Talyllyn on the Saturday).  On the other hand, my wallet will be relieved...