• RMweb Gold

But it does come out with some occasional bargains in remaindered books - proper books about THE real railway that is.

I found Mac Hawkins's LSWR Then & Now and David Radcliffe's Freight Train Formations at Trago. Can't say I agree with the owner's views but sometimes can find some good things there.

• RMweb Gold

Good morning, a sneak preview of Mutton, just to show that the snail like construction continues. Very much a work in progress but I think this is quite a pleasing view. It will be tricky once the backscene is on but it will still be possible.....just....

The area at the end of the siding will see some unkempt static grass quietly engulfing the obligatory buffer stop.

It appears Norman has already found a parking spot for Murray alongside the goods shed.

Rob.

post-14122-0-96358400-1507449107_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

It appears Norman has already found a parking spot for Murray alongside the goods shed.

It looks like the windows are steamed up... has Molly brought Norman some baps for a little afternoon delight between shunts?

Looking fantastic so far.

All the best

Chris

• RMweb Gold

The request to hang washing out on the line was rescinded shortly after it was made, due to the ambient temperature and humidity rendering it more likely that the wet washing would dry more effectively in the tumble drier, so I spend a pleasant hour or so doing a bit of gardening. By that time, the shed had warmed up sufficiently (thanks to the warm air heater), to enable the painting to be done. This has now been done, and provided the gloss has dried off sufficiently by mid-afternoon (it's not railway-related, this item), I hope to be able to spray a weathering mix on the body of the J72, plus it's wheels.

That concludes the voting from the Belgian jury for the moment.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It occurred to me the other day, that one way to enter both the Cameo and the Shut-your-Cakehole competitions, might be to build several 8" x 8" sections, that could stand alone individually, but which would then form a complete cameo layout, when properly joined together.

I think this is daft, of course.

Knokke-Heist

I'd see the doctor about that, unless you want to grow your own onions.

• Like 1

It occurred to me the other day, that one way to enter both the Cameo and the Shut-your-Cakehole competitions, might be to build several 8" x 8" sections, that could stand alone individually, but which would then form a complete cameo layout, when properly joined together.

I think this is daft, of course.

For you to consider "micro-modularity" daft means it must be completely Barking!

Although, on second thoughts,  you might be onto something there...

But it is Thursday and that means new toy day down the central aisles, does it not?

Indeed, but nothing of interest in todays things for me, but I did get a nice looking LED lamp for the muddling bench to replace my rather tired old flourescent one...

Keith

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That's twice in a day, there must be something in the water today

Work got in between sessions.  

A drop of washing up liquid, to reduce surface tension....

Fairy.

Rob.