"What do you want for breakfast?"

Asked the waiter, picking his nose.

"Two boiled eggs, you b*****d.

You can't stick your fingers in those".

Chorus

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Floods, famine, pestilence, sociology students...

...will clear by dawn, after which the rest of the day will be fine.

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 3

Good morning 2ManySpams,

Just remembering the words of Sir Arthur 'Bomber' Harris.

"They sowed the wind, now they are going to reap the whirlwind".

Or, to paraphrase Shylock, "If you wrong us shall we not revenge?"

The Peoples Front for the Protection of Panniers are watching 👀.

Cheers, Nigel.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, GMKAT7 said:

Good morning 2ManySpams,

Cheers, Nigel.

Wot about the Protection of Panniers People's Front?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

25 minutes ago, GMKAT7 said:

Good morning 2ManySpams,

Cheers, Nigel.

Also, unlike the obvious targets of buses on bridges, every Pannier comes with its own personal bunker and like the seemingly invincible Tiger tank, Spamcans have a tender behind...

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 5

Good morning/afternoon/evening St Enodoc (not sure how many hours in front Oz is?)

Are you splitters? :)

As per a previous discussion on Mr Wolf Rob's thread, there is air cover to repel any Stukas/Dorniers/Junkers/Heinkels sent over by the 'dark side', as attached.

Cheers, Nigel.

BoB sqdn.jpg

MkVb sqdn.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

FB_IMG_1706556623541.jpg.0e76b900715fd2e441d25e7c209c6119.jpg

Right. Enough is enough. I'm bringing in the heavies to sort out you pesky WR types. Some of the worst offenders have already been polishing 16t mineral wagons. Be warned.

Nice speck of dust just to the left of the shunters pole.

2 hours ago, GMKAT7 said:

Cheers, Nigel.

BoB sqdn.jpg

MkVb sqdn.jpeg

Okay, I feel like a panel member on QI but I simply have to ask the question even if the whole room starts flashing it around me to the sound of klaxons…

In the first photo, why is there a pink fighter plane?

HOURS OF CONFUSION!

Edited by SteveyDee68

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

In the first photo, why is there a pink spitfire/hurricane/fighter plane?

It was known as Mountbatten Pink, and was applied to a number of reconnaissance Spitfires during the war.

You'd be surprised how often soft pink is used for camouflage of planes, ships, and vehicles.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 4

Hello SteveyDee68,

Fair Oak Jcn has already responded, PR (photo reconnaissance) Spitfires were often painted in a light grey, tinged with pink, camo finish especially for low level sorties.

Mine is too pink, having made the mistake of copying another model 😔. Now looks like Ken's aircraft.

Cheers, Nigel.

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

FB_IMG_1706556623541.jpg.0e76b900715fd2e441d25e7c209c6119.jpg

Right. Enough is enough. I'm bringing in the heavies to sort out you pesky WR types. Some of the worst offenders have already been polishing 16t mineral wagons. Be warned.

The only use we found for a loco like that was to prove the steam would clear from the tunnels properly - in 2012 - before the full celebration of LU150 in 2013.

P1020731.JPG.b79b5c4a16b0c89a6c4a2eafd3985e94.JPG

Regards

Chris H

Edited by Metropolitan H
  • Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Round of applause 1

Good afternoon folks,

With further apologies to Rob for clogging up his thread (what me?) and by way of atonement to his Spamness, so that he doesn't feel 'Bulleid' by all the Panniers.

Here are some things from 'darn sarf', some of Messrs Maunsell and Bulleid's, with Ugly Kid Joe from across the pond. Although he looks a bit cuter in green.

With my interest in the BoB there could only be one Light Pacific for me (unless Hornby bring out a Lord Dowding sometime).

34053, Sir Keith Park, the perfect example of management by walking about, or in his case flying about, to speak to his team in 'The Few'.

N and Q1 weathered using my home-brew wash and some Tamiya pigments, not up to Mr Sheepbloke Rob's standards but we have to start somewhere don't we?

Plus route discs for the 'New Road' to Bomo, not sure if the Q1's ever got that far west?

The WR Toad in the background is about to be re-identified as a Leamington-based AA20.

I know it's an AA15, but I can't see where the differences are for a 'layout wagon'.

Cheers, Nigel.

PPFPP (Peoples Popular Front for the Protection of Panniers, not the other bunch of splitters).

Edit: The chocolate sponge cake has now been finished off (my reward for walking the dog) and the tin is full of paints, not biscuits :)

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

Edited by GMKAT7
Added info.
  • Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Hello Siberian Snooper,

I prefer to think that they would end up at Dai's rest home in Barry, not the Newport gas axe.

Followed by a chance meeting with the Resurrection Stone, and a new life somewhere in the country 🙂

Cheers, Nigel.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon folks,

With further apologies to Rob for clogging up his thread (what me?) and by way of atonement to his Spamness, so that he doesn't feel 'Bulleid' by all the Panniers.

Here are some things from 'darn sarf', some of Messrs Maunsell and Bulleid's, with Ugly Kid Joe from across the pond. Although he looks a bit cuter in green.

With my interest in the BoB there could only be one Light Pacific for me (unless Hornby bring out a Lord Dowding sometime).

34053, Sir Keith Park, the perfect example of management by walking about, or in his case flying about, to speak to his team in 'The Few'.

N and Q1 weathered using my home-brew wash and some Tamiya pigments, not up to Mr Sheepbloke Rob's standards but we have to start somewhere don't we?

Plus route discs for the 'New Road' to Bomo, not sure if the Q1's ever got that far west?

The WR Toad in the background is about to be re-identified as a Leamington-based AA20.

I know it's an AA15, but I can't see where the differences are for a 'layout wagon'.

Cheers, Nigel.

PPFPP (Peoples Popular Front for the Protection of Panniers, not the other bunch of splitters).

Edit: The chocolate sponge cake has now been finished off (my reward for walking the dog) and the tin is full of paints, not biscuits :)

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

At last some proper working engines worthy of endorsement by Sir Spamness, just needs a brace of Standard 5's, 4's and 3's for a full hand

Edited by John Besley

• RMweb Gold

I have somewhere a rather poor photo of my twin brothers and me, standing in front of 34053 at Waterloo, shortly before we departed for Port Isaac Road on a portion of the ACE. Circa 1957, when 34053 had recently been rebuilt. 

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Good afternoon John,

I can do the Standards as follows:

5MT 4-60 73068, 4MT 2-6-0 76053, 4MT 2-6-4T 80066, 3MT 2-6-2T 82016 (Black EE) and 82041 (Green LC).

All are Bachmann of course and mostly BR SR allocated, apart from 73068 (Bristol Barrow Road) and 82041 (Bath Green Park).

I have my eyes on a 4MT 4-6-0 as well, subject to finances.

Cheers, Nigel.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

I've been unreliably informed that the correct collective noun is an "annoyance of Panniers"

Fixed that for you.

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1