Bachmann Branchline announcements for 2015/6

Andy Y

FWIW I actually feel that Bachmann are where Hornby were 18-36 months ago! We have promises of great ranges to cover many eras, but very little product on the shelf! The gestation of the Hornby B17 was agonisingly long, but when it appeared it was worth the wait. Hornby have copped a massive amount of flak over delays to promised items, but they are now delivering superb models..J15 anyone? It was a torrid time for them, but they appear to have turned a significant corner, and my card has been taking a battering as a result.

I have a longish list of preorders waiting from Bachmann, Stanier Crab, Thompsons etc. All I have seen or been told in the time since their announcement is, 'you won't get it at that price now Sunshine!'.

There have been changes at the top of Bachmann, there appear to be personnel and supply problems, there are price rises, (25 quid for a tube wagon??), it all rings familiar bells, and Hornby had to take it, now it appears Barwell may not be that happy a place to be .In light of some possible future pricing hints, my preorder list is now being pruned quite severely.

All I can say is what has been announced, I will not be holding my breath to see it in the shops.

Doomsayer from WA,

Peter C.

On no don’t introduce quantum physics into the equation. Models will be both released and not yet manufactured at the same time, You won’t know until you open the box.

Not to mention quantum entanglement theory applied to model trains. It hard enough getting the couplings to uncouple already.

Wouldn't the cat lose its value if you open the box?

Would some dealers split the cat and the radioactive substance from the set?

Never mind; apply rule 1: It's my cat.

I opened the box, the cat was alive but its paws were the wrong way round.

Wasn't the entanglement theory in effect at Sanda Kan?

RP

Well someone at Barwell is obviously using their Website like the old ball and three cups trick. 31-660 was "in stock", then "Arriving soon", now "On order", as are a few other items.

Basically the stuff is shifting around faster than I (or anyone else ;)) can even speculate as to why :)

• RMweb Gold

Who cares where containers are and if a black hole has gobbled up Barwell? A R & R 45T Crane in SR Black. That's the business.

Phil

It's all very well for you, but Barwell is only a few miles down the road from me. If that black hole expands it will swallow up my railway room.....

• RMweb Premium

Oh well that's a Class 40, Large Logo 47 on pre-order (and a 25 for good measure :D).

I just hope, for my wellbeing (and my bank account), that they aren't released all at the same time. That may take some explaining to the Domestic Authorities!

Or Penzance?

They always know when you've nearly finished building a loco, I've nearly finished detailing a lima 94xx with a Bachmann chassis to be 9463 of Penzance. Then Bachmann announce this one, I'll just have to have two maybe, 8409

I did notice no availability showing.

However - this morning, they ARE showing what is and isn't in stock, and on order.

Everything is now back to normal: available, anticipated arrival and on order ................ And all the prices rises! The "about to arrive" list is now much shorter!

They always know when you've nearly finished building a loco, I've nearly finished detailing a lima 94xx with a Bachmann chassis to be 9463 of Penzance. Then Bachmann announce this one, I'll just have to have two maybe, 8409

You could always number another as 9433. That loco only spent eleven years at PZ. Probably look just the ticket hauling a few Broccolis between Marazion and Ponsandane.

P

• RMweb Premium

Everything is now back to normal: available, anticipated arrival and on order ................ And all the prices rises! The "about to arrive" list is now much shorter!

Well, it does now. Moths in wallet can stay there for a month minimum until the "Apr/May" arrivals actually appear. I see they've noted my suggestion that they change "arrived in last 60 days" to "new and recent arrivals".

The latest arrivals page appears, under "Arrivals during last 30 days", to show everything that is currently in stock rather than what has arrived recently. But IIRC that is what happens every year around new announcement time.

There's something wrong with these threads. It starts off with one person making a comment about something IMPORTANT TO THEM (this IS a forum for discussion, isn't it?) and they are pilloried for it.

It is ironic to criticise people for making derogatory comments (whether they are justified or not and equally whether you agree or not)... by making derogatory comments yourself.

Bad show chaps.

• RMweb Gold

For anyone with a gw branchline which is not red coded but fancies a 94xx, in BR times I've seen photos of 94xx at Cheddar and Calne. So there is good precedent for running one where it shouldn't be.

That said I'd be interested to hear if the same thing happened anywhere pre nationalisation. I'm guessing it probably did, just was less likely to be photographed....

• RMweb Premium

The Colas Rail Class 70 looks fantastic!

At least three of these are a must for me and they will be the first Colas Rail locos on my layout!

Thinking the following numbers 70803, 70804 and 70805 and if I buy a fourth I'm thinking 70801.

Just out of interest below the picture it says "revised cab design". Does anyone know the changes because from a quick observation I can't see anything too obvious?

Thank you very much in advance.

Archived