Bachmann Branchline announcements for 2015/6

Andy Y

I hope the new 94XX will haul 12 coaches without slipping. Otherwise there will be no point in having one.

Ah a model of Paddington, and you need locos to haul ecs eh ??

Like 'Rugd1022' pic of 9477, I took a pic of 9415 in near enough the same spot, but no where near as good.

Ah a model of Paddington, and you need locos to haul ecs eh ??

Like 'Rugd1022' pic of 9477, I took a pic of 9415 in near enough the same spot, but no where near as good.

Easy peasy... 94xx pilot dragging the empties out of the station assisted in rear by the incoming train engine, a daily diagrammed occurence at Padd back in the day ;)

As Phil says, the two EMU's are virtually identical as the 350/0's are really "stolen" 450's in disguise.

It shouldn't require a re-tooled model when it's only detailing and added bits that need changing?

Dave Lowery repainted a 350 and took off the pantograph and Model Rail supplied the sample to Bachmann for a price quote in November 2013. Support from readers was encouraging but no further progress was made with the 450 as limited edition for Model Rail.

CHRIS LEIGH

Easy peasy... 94xx pilot dragging the empties out of the station assisted in rear by the incoming train engine, a daily diagrammed occurence at Padd back in the day ;)

Yep, easy enough 'dragging' them out with assistance, but not quite so easy going in, especially for the 15's whose 'waddle' seemed to be made worse by the struggle.

I think you meant:

305 BR Breakdown Crane (Cowans Sheldon 75-ton)...16th

255 SR Breakdown Crane (Ransomes & Rapier 45-ton)...29th

Indeed I did. I fumbled that copy/paste! 

That's what posting late at night will do.

Thank you Brian - I'll fix my original post.

• RMweb Gold

Yep, easy enough 'dragging' them out with assistance, but not quite so easy going in, especially for the 15's whose 'waddle' seemed to be made worse by the struggle.

Alright with a 57XX tho' - going up the Old Oak overbridge on one of those with 13 Mk1s trailing was an interesting experience

Nothing  additional  added  to  the  00-9 range  then?  Mind  you  it  could be  some  time  before we  get  the already announced 00-9 items

Its interesting that  they  have some 00-9 ish items listed on  the  USA new items listing  a 0-6-0 Thomas Skarloey loco  and 2  wagons a 4 whl open  and  a 4 whl van  which look  rather like  the PECO L&B 00-9 wagons.  These items being  shown as  fitted  with 00-9/H0e  Hook & Loop couplings

There are items of interest; through the Liliput range there are 3 coaches which have seen use on the Welshpool & Llanfair.

I have to admit that I found the guesses around 009 items to be some of the most compelling and I had almost expected *something* in 009 if not any of the specific items suggested.

Presuming that Kader's manufacturing throughput is in a temporary slowdown, perhaps we'll see much more in the way of 009 at some point when those issues are resolved. Of course that might depend on how well the products announced last year sell, when they arrive.

No cheap sound locos from Bachmann..... Hornby got one over on them on that front, even when Bachmann mentioned the idea 3 or so years ago.

And  Bachmann are  doing  rather  well  with  their  cheap  US outline  sound  locos  which  can  be  purchased in the UK  for  around  £89  upwards!!

So  strange  they  have  nothing  in  the  UK  range.

I have to admit that I found the guesses around 009 items to be some of the most compelling and I had almost expected *something* in 009 if not any of the specific items suggested.

Presuming that Kader's manufacturing throughput is in a temporary slowdown, perhaps we'll see much more in the way of 009 at some point when those issues are resolved. Of course that might depend on how well the products announced last year sell, when they arrive.

Not  so  sure,   there  is  a  lot  of  unsold  PECO  L&B  around apparently  Mind  you  not  having  a L&B  RTR loco  makes  a  difference I suppose,  but   having  spoken to  someone  today from the Oxford  area  it  would  seem  the  L&B 2-6-2  is  still  a long  way off,  

The Bachmann website front page does contain what could be a clue to the reason for extended development times - a certain job advert is still there, some time after first being mentioned on RMweb. 

Agreed. While many have noted the relative scarcity of 'new' designs from Barwell cumulatively over the past two years, and the common sense this makes given the backlog, yesterday's announcement actually seems like a pretty big programme by Bachmann.  It will be easier to tell when I have the new catalogue in front of me,  but there sure are a lot of "new" liveries/running numbers.

There are no less than 14* new grouping and pre-grouping era steam locomotive liveries in the 29 listed on offer on the Bachmann website.

* Not counting the LNWR Coal tank which was already announced.

The backlog of prior releases certainly is a factor in announcements and production, but I wonder if the throughput issue isn't as much with manufacturing, as it is with design and the front-end of the process?

And  Bachmann are  doing  rather  well  with  their  cheap  US outline  sound  locos  which  can  be  purchased in the UK  for  around  £89  upwards!!

So  strange  they  have  nothing  in  the  UK  range.

I am sorry to observe that "cheap US outline" says it all.  When I first started looking at Bachmann UK models five years ago I could not believe the difference in quality, even the older split chassis models like the Fowler Royal Scot.

... there  is  a  lot  of  unsold  PECO  L&B  around apparently

I snapped up one of each as quickly as I could, but there's no accounting for taste!

Mind  you  not  having  a L&B  RTR loco  makes  a  difference I suppose,

It has to.

... having  spoken to  someone  today from the Oxford  area  it  would  seem  the  L&B 2-6-2  is  still  a long  way off,

No surprises there, which is why I thought that a 009 version of Lyn from Bachmann might make sense - perhaps even more sense than the Baldwin 4-6-0. One hopes the 4-6-0 will appear before the centenary of Armistice day to honour the marketed tie-in.

£400.00 THAT HAS TO BE A MISTAKE!!!!!! 

This is precisely why I do not buy from this shop. If you trade something in, they in my experience give the lowest possible price that they can get away with.

I fully realize and appreciate that they are a business not a charity and in the market to make money, but !!!!!

Not  so  sure,   there  is  a  lot  of  unsold  PECO  L&B  around apparently  Mind  you  not  having  a L&B  RTR loco  makes  a  difference I suppose,  but   having  spoken to  someone  today from the Oxford  area  it  would  seem  the  L&B 2-6-2  is  still  a long  way off,  

Producing rolling stock ahead of a suitable loco has to be a calculated risk - however as far as I know it is made in the UK so not subject to Chinese production woes?  Not sure where the loco will be manufactured.

RTR prices are making kits once again seem reasonably priced.  I don't buy much in the way of RTR except Bachmann On30 - it would be nice if Bachman was to produce a Baldwin in On30 alongside the 009 one.  1/48 is near enough to 1/43 and would sit very well on my embryo Glyn Valley Tramway inspired layout.......

I am sorry to observe that "cheap US outline" says it all.  When I first started looking at Bachmann UK models five years ago I could not believe the difference in quality, even the older split chassis models like the Fowler Royal Scot.

I thought the later not-quite-Spectrum models (Alco 2-6-0, GP7, etc.) were quite well received for the price point, including the sound versions? The Spectrum stuff's definitely comparable.

Well I have no experience of Bachmann HO but the On30 range is excellent and here in the USA reasonably priced, ie a DC 2-6-0 tender for $83, a 4-6-0 tender with sound for $180.

• RMweb Gold

Apparent timeline of a manufacturer's new product announcements. 

Wish listing :mail:- fantasising :locomotive:-  speculation  - elation/despair   :swoon:  - expert analysis :paint: - complaining/resignation :umbrage: -  shopping list  :scratchhead: - funding calculation :read:  - purchase  - frothing - start over again. 

Rather like those Five Boys chocolate bars the Fry's used to make when I was a lad.

John

I have noticed this. Some of the retailers are selling them for slightly more palatable prices now and I've been sorely tempted on many occasion. Whilst money is tight however I'm not going to spend around £100 on a rake of coaches for which there is no appropriate locomotive. When I'm in the world of work and there is an appropriate locomotive, Peco shall have my money!

I thought the later not-quite-Spectrum models (Alco 2-6-0, GP7, etc.) were quite well received for the price point, including the sound versions? The Spectrum stuff's definitely comparable.

The  N  gauge  USA  from  Bachmann  is  quite  good  these  days  a 2-8-8-4 arrived  here  a  few  days  back   superb  performance  (DCC on Board)   much better  than  the  Kato N Gauge  USA Steam  loco  which  was  returned  and  refunded  as  it continually  derailed in reverse direction  over  points ( on a layout  where  everthing else runs impeccably)

Archived