End of the line

d winpenny

Well I'm glad you enjoy my thread. The only real difference is the colour and the logos the very first ones technically HOP were in a bauxite brown, then they were painted in BR railfreight red, then when sectorisation happened some were painted in the coal sector yellow, and the same with the ews when wagons came in for repair they would get a spruce up and a new coat of paint at least that's my understanding

David

Edited by d winpenny

Well I'm glad you enjoy my thread. The only real difference is the colour and the logos the very first ones technically HOP were in a bauxite brown, then they were painted in BR railfreight red, then when sectorisation happened some were painted in the coal sector yellow, and the same with the ews when wagons came in for repair they would get a spruce up and a new coat of paint at least that's my understanding

David

Hi David

Well that's convicted me, and all sounds logical that, that's how it would have been...!

Cheers for that information.

Regards

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been nearly 2 month’s since I last posted and to be honest not much has happened the 58 has gone and this had appeared

post-10013-0-13111600-1534665217_thumb.jpeg

My apologies for the terrible picture

My reason for this is my move of the layout geographic area more towards the Calder valley area nearer to healey mills and dewsbury area near to where I grew up while the layout will be a representation as opposed to a model of a real place unless the perfect place reveals itself I prefer the architecture from this side of West Yorkshire and the possibility for a bit more diversity of what I can run

David

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

With wild boar models binliner containers now being on shapeways i went to research if they had been carried on fga/ffa flats as I am sure I had seen some pictures before and sure enough mr Bartletts array of pictures come up trumps and I found a couple of pictures with so that's another rake I will model when bachmanns flats come out nothing else to report

https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brfreightlinercontainer/e7b573da

post-10013-0-28099700-1536848176_thumb.jpeg

David

Edited by d winpenny
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Recently got some of my HAAs back from being weathered and on the only board if got I thought I’d try take a picture to see how it looked

post-10013-0-51567400-1540044697_thumb.jpeg

With the less than ideal lighting I’m pretty happy with the results the weathering looks spot on to me just 32 more to go and I’m going to have to clear it all of my desk if I want to be able to do anything on it

David

Edited by d winpenny
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi David

Just been catching up on your thread. Seems you've been having the same lack of modelling time as me. At least your still getting bits done here and there. Certainly an impressive rake of MGR's you've got now and some nice traction to match.

All the best mate.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks for dropping in Marcus, yes modelling time is very much limited and can't do a great deal without the room for a permanent layout so as you've pointed out I'm making the best of it getting bits together so when the time comes as when I can have a permanent layout I'll have no shortage of stock to run, David

• 3 weeks later...

56091 turned up today quite a bargain from hattons because the previous owner had snapped the nem pockets off but as seen as I don’t use them anyway it was no big deal need to double check the sound decoder works then it will be sent to my weathering man as it is currently way too clean

post-10013-0-89178100-1543088013_thumb.jpeg

David

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Nice to see modelling of the BR sector period and especially MGR trains. York use to be a hive of activity for Coal traffic hauled by 56s. You use to be able to watch them head onto the avoiding lines, especially the bang of the wagons as the driver applied a blast of power to tighten up the coupling after been signal checked, then the throb of the engine and whistle of the Napier turbochargers as they spooled up. Plus 47s on the Jarrow tanks, 37 on speedlink and steel trains to Teeside, MOD traffic to Hessay and Catterick, the Stanlow-York-Harrogate-Scarborough tanks up 1992, and Rowntrees traffic up 1987. There was all sorts of Departmental traffic with 20's, 31's and 37s. Very different from the traffic scene today in York.

• Like 1

Nice to see modelling of the BR sector period and especially MGR trains. York use to be a hive of activity for Coal traffic hauled by 56s. You use to be able to watch them head onto the avoiding lines, especially the bang of the wagons as the driver applied a blast of power to tighten up the coupling after been signal checked, then the throb of the engine and whistle of the Napier turbochargers as they spooled up. Plus 47s on the Jarrow tanks, 37 on speedlink and steel trains to Teeside, MOD traffic to Hessay and Catterick, the Stanlow-York-Harrogate-Scarborough tanks up 1992, and Rowntrees traffic up 1987. There was all sorts of Departmental traffic with 20's, 31's and 37s. Very different from the traffic scene today in York.

Was there yest.

It was a Sunday but the highlight was a TPE 68 in Platform One  5Z?? arrived on test from Leeds?

When did all the centre road rails get ripped up? - And don't get me going on about the mid to late 70's - still a fine station though.

Ian

• Like 1

Was there yest.

It was a Sunday but the highlight was a TPE 68 in Platform One  5Z?? arrived on test from Leeds?

When did all the centre road rails get ripped up? - And don't get me going on about the mid to late 70's - still a fine station though.

Ian

I`m not too sure but think the center roads went when electrification came ( 1989 ish maybe ).

York was remodelled in 1988 as part of the ECML electrification and opening of York IECC.

Removing the centre roads between platform 3 (8) and 5 (9) was maybe short sighted, along with removing Scarborough goods.

Removing the Scarborough curve was only a loss to the Tampers and NRM for the turning of machines and locomotives!

The biggest disaster was making Scarborough corner over the river a single lead junction along with the more recently corrected approach from the Leeds Lines which meant that a train could not arrive or depart at the same time.

The relaying of the crossovers from the Normanton lines to the Leeds lines at Church Fenton raised the speed from 25mph to 70mph meaning Leeds bound trains could leave on the Main without loosing time on the speed restricted crossovers!