End of the line

d winpenny

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing to report since my last post currently pondering selling my haas on, I'm off through to olivias tomorrow to have a poke around and get one of my decoders reblown and maybe negotiate another to replace the one I'm removing from 209 but will probably involve moving on 068 which will leave me with 2 sheds, 2 tugs and 1 37. 3 of which will have sound so it's still not bad going I'm also thinking of modelling the dewsbury earles cement train so I may end up with something green although ews did also manage this flow for a time.

I have also been thinking about the possibility of some scenery and some little cameos but I won't be getting any of those bits while Xmas and I might do those on a separate plank just to I can try out some different ideas without ruining the layout

David

• Like 1

Nothing to report since my last post currently pondering selling my haas on, I'm off through to olivias tomorrow to have a poke around and get one of my decoders reblown and maybe negotiate another to replace the one I'm removing from 209 but will probably involve moving on 068 which will leave me with 2 sheds, 2 tugs and 1 37. 3 of which will have sound so it's still not bad going I'm also thinking of modelling the dewsbury earles cement train so I may end up with something green although ews did also manage this flow for a time.

I have also been thinking about the possibility of some scenery and some little cameos but I won't be getting any of those bits while Xmas and I might do those on a separate plank just to I can try out some different ideas without ruining the layout

David

I am thinking about putting the allotment area of my layout on a separate bit of ply to help cover a baseboard joint, If you do go ahead with a plank please update with pictures as it is something I am keen to see :)

Simon

Cheers guys appreciate your popping in to comment does help knowing people are interested in what I'm wittering on about I've a few bits I want to try out including a dirt road, thinking of modelling a lay by scene with a sandwich van and a selection of vehicles, so that means I'll have to find a Tarmac colour I'm happy with and that sort of thing I might go out and get some tester pots and some polyfilla and see how it pans out.

Had to cancel my trip to olivias today I am going to try next week I certainly don't take much persuading into buying things. My problem is applying the ideas in my head which I have a lot of as quick( while still being to a good standard) because if I don't it frustrates me and I find it hard to concentrate on anything else

David

Not gone out and bought anything yet but I thought I'd do a dry run and see what sort of space I'd need and here is the mock up

https://flic.kr/p/P9Mpss

Basically it's 4ft long by 16in wide between the running lines and the layby will be security fence followed by churned up grass from where the lorry said have parked over the curb, then the curb itself made using plasticard/struct then the layby wide enough for a lorry and about 2 lorries long with the sandwich van at the bottom end then a reasonably wide road then there is a gap at the other side could possibly create a start of a field or just another verge and a pavement maybe just 2 street lights it's not meant to be a major road so wouldn't be too well lit. Alternatively I could move the whole lot forward maybe the start of an embankment at the back or just some sort of detail trackside just don't want to over clutter it

David

Edited by d winpenny
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously no proper update as its not after Xmas but ive moved on my haas and 66068 and I might part with 60029 please message me if you're interested. I will be getting another tug to replace 29 I've not lost my marbles and the other funds will be for another sound decoder to replace the one out of 209 which is getting reblown to a 37 or a 60.

David

Edited by d winpenny
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

update time

quick over view of the layout the masking tape marks the roadway in case you cant tell with all the cars and lorries

32282447685_a44ee1217f_c.jpgModel railway update Jan 2017 by mosherlad, on Flickr

31906114950_47e532c5e3_c.jpgModel railway update Jan 2017 by mosherlad, on Flickr

and now a couple of my mbas which i have added a bit of weathering just a coat of frame dirt does tone down the toy like colouring

31441190794_150e03707e_c.jpgModel railway update Jan 2017 by mosherlad, on Flickr

and now a few of 60023

32282447595_fd52ab3aa2_c.jpgModel railway update Jan 2017 by mosherlad, on Flickr

32282447495_debbe0dec3_c.jpgModel railway update Jan 2017 by mosherlad, on Flickr

32163200681_21b41f0cb3_c.jpgModel railway update Jan 2017 by mosherlad, on Flickr

david

• Like 12

update time

quick over view of the layout the masking tape marks the roadway in case you cant tell with all the cars and lorries

32282447685_a44ee1217f_c.jpgModel railway update Jan 2017 by mosherlad, on Flickr

31906114950_47e532c5e3_c.jpgModel railway update Jan 2017 by mosherlad, on Flickr

and now a couple of my mbas which i have added a bit of weathering just a coat of frame dirt does tone down the toy like colouring

31441190794_150e03707e_c.jpgModel railway update Jan 2017 by mosherlad, on Flickr

and now a few of 60023

32282447595_fd52ab3aa2_c.jpgModel railway update Jan 2017 by mosherlad, on Flickr

32282447495_debbe0dec3_c.jpgModel railway update Jan 2017 by mosherlad, on Flickr

32163200681_21b41f0cb3_c.jpgModel railway update Jan 2017 by mosherlad, on Flickr

david

Some nice pictures Dave, MBAs look good and bring back memories of working with these at Bescot and Mountsorrel

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi David, I hope your well, as there have been no up-dates for some while.

I'd like to comment if I may on your roundy roundy, it looks fine but there seems to be little or no room for even a Hedgerow around the outside of the Track other than at the corners. Can you include a bit of a reverse curve at one side to remove the straitness of the Plan.

All the best,

Hi guys thanks for your interest I am still using the layout but mainly to just for giving stock a good run around any real progress is on hold for the time being getting married in May so I haven't got much time to spare or money at the moment.

Hi Andy I do get where you coming from its being one of my bug bares a medium sized infrastructure project when I have some more time I think

All the best David

• Like 1