End of the line

d winpenny

Hi David

Layout looking good - always loved a visit to Knottingley depot and then down to Burton Salmon for some photography.

Once Parkway is more completed will have to get some of my class 56s photographed to post. Knottingley, of course, was heaving with them!

Keep up the good work and am following your progress with interest.

Regards

John

• 4 weeks later...

Knottingley was a scruffy depot at times, in the coal sector days and EWS there was pallets all over the depot and track bits, nothing was put away everything was just left lying around for someone to trip up over

post-9437-0-35355400-1471773004_thumb.jpg

post-9437-0-15947900-1471773006_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Apolagies for the lack of updates not alot has really happened had running session a few weeks ago but nothing since. bit disheartened with it all at the moment for those who have seen my previous layout i am a man with big ideas and am feeling frustrated although i am very happy to have a layout and what i have achieve thus far with knottingley it was not my first choice of location but due to the physical space i have available nothing else is really practical at this stage so it is putting me off doing anything meaningful at present

david  

• Like 1

bit disheartened with it all at the moment for those who have seen my previous layout i am a man with big ideas and am feeling frustrated although i am very happy to have a layout and what i have achieve thus far with knottingley it was not my first choice of location but due to the physical space i have available nothing else is really practical at this stage so it is putting me off doing anything meaningful at present david  

David - keep going although at times it is hard. Know the feeling with my large layout. If I build another it will be much more compact. Your depot if full of 56s etc will be good. Only visited the depot once when I was a member of Scottish Railfans who did depot tours from Edinburgh or Glasgow over weekends. Don't let a lack of progress get you down. It will come good. Max

Keep your chin up David.

I find it hard to keep my modelling mojo going. 

Sometimes a small break for a couple of days or so allows the frustration to clear......

Good luck :)

Edited by big T

• RMweb Gold

Apolagies for the lack of updates not alot has really happened had running session a few weeks ago but nothing since. bit disheartened with it all at the moment for those who have seen my previous layout i am a man with big ideas and am feeling frustrated although i am very happy to have a layout and what i have achieve thus far with knottingley it was not my first choice of location but due to the physical space i have available nothing else is really practical at this stage so it is putting me off doing anything meaningful at present

david

I know exactly how you feel, I'm like yourself I've got plenty of big ideas and not a big enough space to achieve them which results in the mojo going and thoughts wandering to other ideas, but maybe you can plan for the future in building what you want in sections, that way your working on the bigger dream in the smaller space, that's what keeps me going mate.

Chin up and don't let it beat you!!

• Like 1

Cheers guys for the kind words I think I am going to try and take a little break from it all, without looking here or on flikr etc try and reset my head and get back in the game

I'll be back

David

Same here over the Pennines David - so little time and project non starters and eventually binned.

Toy Trains eh? :D

Chin up David. It will come back in the end whether it will be restarting on Knottingley or starting afresh. I think we've all been there at some point or other. I know I did with the original layout in the loft but, since ripping it up and starting on PDW I havent looked back. Mainly because it was somewhere I really wanted to model.

PjKing1 makes a very good point about building the layout you want in sections if it can be achieved. I think choosing second best always kills the mojo in the end as your heart is never really in it.

It is a shame though as you were really starting to nail Knottingley with the buildings etc.

Hope you get sorted soon whichever direction you take.

All the best

Marcus

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone thanks for the kind words and support after much careful consideration I have decided that my reason behind my loss of mojo was the subject in my heart I always will be a mills man as intresting as knottingley is. So the layout its self will stay as it is for mow with space being the limiting factor in that respect but I will model the train I like and remember from when I used to spend my days watching the trains down at Healey mills so that means binliners, Lindsey tanks, meas for immingham, mbas on the rylstone traffic and that sort of thing,

David

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I had a stack of parcels arrive yesterday I now own 9 mbas

https://flic.kr/p/NKuV3w

And a northern class 158

https://flic.kr/p/AKsSdw

Dead chuffed with the 158 was advertised as a fixer upper dcc fitted but not working and non working lights an but turned out to be a hardwired with 2 lenz decoders and independently wired lights

David

EDIT Pictures on next page

Edited by d winpenny
  • Like 4