Rapido/Locomotion Models GNR Stirling Single

Lucky Me!

Mine was delivered about 30 minutes ago (no email)  and has been running smoothly and quietly with a dynamometer car and two Holden bogie coaches in tow.  A lovely model - congratulations and thanks to all at Locomotion and Rapido.

Now, does it live in the display cabinet with 251 and the prototype Deltic or on the layout (supposedly 1938) with 3251?  That single driver is fascinating to watch...…...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Ditto 2750Papyrus.

One of the chains was broken and, oddly, one link was not loose in the packaging with the other links and the hook.  It is a good job the spare ones were sent out but I quite like the finer ones so I might see if I can find some fine wire and make one.

It really is a beautiful model.  Top marks Rapido.

Edited by teaky
  • Like 2

The evolutionary line up is the thing and the whole of the thing. How Doncaster got it right like no other UK shop in finding the true path to maximum power express traction.

Close to two decades in the future if we pin the date by the single chimney A4 in LNER green...

We could be missing an A3 (if that is an A1 in the picture otherwise vice versa) though.

• RMweb Gold

Lucky Me!

Mine was delivered about 30 minutes ago (no email)  and has been running smoothly and quietly with a dynamometer car and two Holden bogie coaches in tow.  A lovely model - congratulations and thanks to all at Locomotion and Rapido.

Now, does it live in the display cabinet with 251 and the prototype Deltic or on the layout (supposedly 1938) with 3251?  That single driver is fascinating to watch...…...

You too have fallen under its spell....poetry in motion,is it not ?

My surplus Singles are due to be collected by APC tomorrow for return to Locomotion.

Well, got a phone call from APC on Monday that my surplus Singles would be picked up on Tuesday. They weren't, even though we were in all day, and are still sitting on our sideboard.

MikeTrice, on 09 Aug 2018 - 17:55, said:

Well, got a phone call from APC on Monday that my surplus Singles would be picked up on Tuesday. They weren't, even though we were in all day, and are still sitting on our sideboard.

Maybe, as a gesture of goodwill they are letting you keep them.

• Like 1

I thought they were the evil robots from Dr Who

Careful you will have Jason Shron from Rapido himself posting directly on this thread for polluting a Rapido model thread with mis-conceived ideas about Doctor Who! He might turn you into a DCC controlled cyber man using a Stirling's sound chip.

• Like 1

Careful you will have Jason Shron from Rapido himself posting directly on this thread for polluting a Rapido model thread with mis-conceived ideas about Doctor Who! He might turn you into a DCC controlled cyber man using a Stirling's sound chip.

The Single's sound chip won't work for this. He has a special one though... ;>)

Bill

Well that was lucky. 

Checked my e-mails before going out. Nothing about delivery.

Got home and as I was getting out of the car APC pulled up. 

A quick look and I have to say an amazing model.  Further examination , running in etc will to have to wait as I'm going out again. 

(The chains have survived the journey)

I also have had no emails from APC, however when I got home I had a missed delivery card sitting on the door mat... *Headbutts wall*

Emailed them and hopefully they should deliver tomorrow, just praying that the loco has survived all the journeys!

Edited by Heritage Tim

I also have had no emails from APC, however when I got home I had a missed delivery card sitting on the door mat... *Headbutts wall*

Emailed them and hopefully they should deliver tomorrow, just praying that the loco has survived all the journeys!

If its as well packed as mine it should be OK.  The model is in a clam shell surrounded by foam in a sturdy box. 

This was in a poly bag  and wrapped in about 5 feet by 2.5 feet of a foam material similar to what is used under flooring. Then around that a good cardboard box and finally a poly delivery bag.

If you still have them in a month I can suggest my address in NZ as safe storage.  I'll look after them, promise!  :)

Got mine when I got home this evening.

Words fail me. It it magnificent. A gem.

Everything is right, The packaging is very impressive, the manual essential and amusing but the Single is amazing. 

I am aware that Stuart has been a major factor in the production of this model to the unprecedented standard to which it has been made and would like to commend him unreservedly for a job well done. Thank you. It will be a hard act to follow

• Like 4

APC have arranged for collection and failed to show twice now for my extra Single. Third time lucky ?

I hope this delivery hiccup doesn't have a negative impact on all the hard work done by Rapido and Locomotion to generate some extra income for the museum.

Got mine when I got home this evening.

Words fail me. It it magnificent. A gem.

Everything is right, The packaging is very impressive, the manual essential and amusing but the Single is amazing. 

I am aware that Stuart has been a major factor in the production of this model to the unprecedented standard to which it has been made and would like to commend him unreservedly for a job well done. Thank you. It will be a hard act to follow

And hopefully an incentive to finish those coaches you have under construction, which I thought were coming along very well, by the way.

And hopefully an incentive to finish those coaches you have under construction, which I thought were coming along very well, by the way.

Thanks, I've been a bit sidetracked. I teaked the ends and they were darker than the sides. What to do? Now I'm a very new modeller and I need to build confidence in what I can do so I bit the bullet, sprayed them Volkswagen orange and teaked them again. I thought I'd the job as they say in these parts. Nice match and pleased with the graining. All comes back to my principle that you don't know what you can do till you give it  a go.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Well, I thought enough time had passed for Rapido to have the delivery fiasco sorted so they could deal with the sloping front footplate on my otherwise super model.

I contacted Simon by email, supported by a photo and he responded quickly, inviting me to send the loco to him for adjustment.

attachicon.gif20180809_113131.jpg

I'm hopeful that my repaired loco will be returned soon. My only concern is that Simon was unsure whether my postage costs would be refunded. It was poor QA by Rapido that resulted in me getting a substandard product so I sincerely hope this will be addressed.

Rapido are the manufacturer, the deliveries are dealt with by Locomotion and their subcontractor APC. For postage you need to refer to Locomotion.

I'm hopeful that my repaired loco will be returned soon. My only concern is that Simon was unsure whether my postage costs would be refunded.

Hi,

I mentioned that I wasn’t close to Locomotion to ask and not wishing I pass the buck, I only deal with Warranty and repair issues with the Model.

Any order, postage or delivery is dealt with by Locomotion.

Edited by rapidorepairsuk