Rapido/Locomotion Models GNR Stirling Single

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ross,

Send an email to the email address in the back of the booklet along with a photo of the area and I will be able to deal with it.

Guys,

I’m not trying to be funny here but if you have a problem or missing parts please follow the instructions in the booklet as I don’t always login to see what’s happening on here.

Thanks

Hi Simon,

I am also missing some parts.  I have the two chains but there doesn't seem to be a locomotive to attach them to.  :dontknow:

Edited by teaky

• RMweb Premium

Steve 31A, looks very at home on your layout. The chains look a bit oversized but with some judicious weathering would look ok however I'm sure that the original was kept pretty clean in service.

Thank you Jeff!  The chains in the photo are the replacement ones I received in the post.  In fact I thought the replacements looked better than the original ones which I thought looked too 'feeble', although I would have replaced them anyway since (as others have found) one of the original ones was broken.  From photos of the locos in service it seems that the side chains were often hooked up onto the screw coupling to stop them swinging around, but I haven't attempted this yet!

• RMweb Premium

I had a look at fitting the front bogie splashes this morning but the screws seem to be missing. The drawing in the instruction show the 4 screws and implies that they should already be fitted but mine does have any. I've looked in the bags of bits but can't find them there either. Any suggestions?

Ross

On mine the screws were already screwed into their holes in the bottom of the cylinders and just needed tightening up to clamp the splashers in position.

• RMweb Premium

Not quite. The bug was just doom mongering.

Hi

Although not as bad as the media made out it was a serious issue for some companies who’s software ran on old mainframes and only used a 2 digit year.

I worked for one such company and spent most of 1998 re writing code so come the millennium it would all work correctly.

Cheers

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Hey folks - we seem to have moved off the topic of the GNR Stirling Single. I'd love to see more photographs of the model on our layouts, please!

John Storey

I’d love to oblige but

hello

is it just me but is there anyone else that hasnt received a email or delivery

regards

I’m still waiting. Edited by adb968008

adb968008, on 05 Aug 2018 - 09:00, said:adb968008, on 05 Aug 2018 - 09:00, said:

I’d love to oblige but

I’m still waiting.

Midland compound 1000, on 05 Aug 2018 - 09:34, said:Midland compound 1000, on 05 Aug 2018 - 09:34, said:

Same here.

That's very patient of you as there are some here who insist that they can't wait, even when an item is only just announced. I have never found any way around it but to wait.

Edited by Free At Last
  • Like 2

Same here.

Likewise. Last Monday, I received the letter with the new replacement chains to go with my model that has still not arrived. At the moment I don't know whether it is lost in the "post" or whether it has been dispatched or not. It is this aspect that I find frustrating and the complete lack of customer contact (other than via messages on this forum). However, waiting for an excellent model is not an issue (nor is the possible loss of my name and address which some seemed very concerned about). And before someone says that the models were sent out with tracking, I also know from personal experience that things can get lost or delivered to wrong addresses even with tracking.

JK

Likewise. Last Monday, I received the letter with the new replacement chains to go with my model that has still not arrived. At the moment I don't know whether it is lost in the "post" or whether it has been dispatched or not. It is this aspect that I find frustrating and the complete lack of customer contact (other than via messages on this forum). However, waiting for an excellent model is not an issue (nor is the possible loss of my name and address which some seemed very concerned about). And before someone says that the models were sent out with tracking, I also know from personal experience that things can get lost or delivered to wrong addresses even with tracking.

JK

Yeah I received my Chains on Friday, still heard nothing as it needs to be here before Thursday or after Sunday as I'm off to a festival.

Just for my info, I received my replacements chains (correctly addressed) and my Single (correct version) but addressed to someone else (a "Mr Brown")  -   so I am happy.

However, should I be telling Locomotion that "my" model was addressed to "Mr Brown", or will they know from their courier ?  I don't want to contact them with useless info, or would it be helpful to them ?

Thank you Andy. As another without anything yet to attach my chains to, despite a few erroneous emails, this is very reassuring.

RP

(That's Roy Palfrey just in case anyone has seen my single)

Why do you need to know this ? 

why do you think? for legal compliance, because I will be filing a complaint for failing to inform notice to the ico.

just because you don't care doesn't mean we all don't bet your also the person that gives all there security information out on facebook.

GDPR has to be complied with too because the date of the event was after 25th of may.

so if you know anything about it you would know that they have the following conditions to meet.

The UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) defines a personal data breach as “a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data”.

They highlight that “personal data breaches” can include:

• Access by an unauthorised third party;
  • Deliberate or accidental action (or inaction) by a controller or processor;
  • Sending personal data to an unintended recipient;
  • Lost or stolen computing devices containing personal data;
  • Unauthorised alteration of personal data; and
  • Loss of availability of personal data.

In the case of a personal data breach, the controller shall without undue delay and, where feasible, not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it.

if it has our card information details then theses don't apply, however if the details are there they failed the encryption and measures.

The communication to the data subject referred to in paragraph 1 shall not be required if any of the following conditions are met:

1. the controller has implemented appropriate technical and organisational protection measures, and those measures were applied to the personal data affected by the personal data breach, in particular those that render the personal data unintelligible to any person who is not authorised to access it, such as encryption;
  2. the controller has taken subsequent measures which ensure that the high risk to the rights and freedoms of data subjects referred to in paragraph 1 is no longer likely to materialise;
Edited by damo2929

• RMweb Gold

because I will be filing a complaint for failing to inform notice to the ico

The UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) defines a personal data breach as “a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data”.

In the case of a personal data breach, the controller shall without undue delay and, where feasible, not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it.

so it should have been filed by now and we should have all be communicated with .

Great, that'll achieve a lot in this case.

So Teaky 'possibly' has another persons name and address which isn't yours and you feel the need to make a complaint to the ICO, you don't know Teaky's real name or address or who's details he 'possibly' has,  but you want to waste the time of the ICO on a complaint.

Grow up.

Edited by chris p bacon

• RMweb Gold

I have received an emailed reply to my query to Locomotion as to whether/when the second Stirling Single would be delivered.

Unfortunately it was the blanket statement that Locomotion issued a few days ago and doesn’t address my specific issue. Perhaps this is the response that keeps their “response within 5 days” target intact.

I was not expecting a response on a Sunday so hopefully I may get a more “helpful” response during the working week. I have to admit that I am not very hopeful about getting one however.

Continued thanks for “patience and understanding” may start to wear thin as the days and weeks pass.

Darius

Edited by Darius43

why do you think? for legal compliance, because I will be filing a complaint for failing to inform notice to the ico.

just because you don't care doesn't mean we all don't bet your also the person that gives all there security information out on facebook.

GDPR has to be complied with too because the date of the event was after 25th of may.

so if you know anything about it you would know that they have the following conditions to meet.

if it has our card information details then theses don't apply, however if the details are there they failed the encryption and measures.

The communication to the data subject referred to in paragraph 1 shall not be required if any of the following conditions are met:

1. the controller has implemented appropriate technical and organisational protection measures, and those measures were applied to the personal data affected by the personal data breach, in particular those that render the personal data unintelligible to any person who is not authorised to access it, such as encryption;
  2. the controller has taken subsequent measures which ensure that the high risk to the rights and freedoms of data subjects referred to in paragraph 1 is no longer likely to materialise;

If you are so concerned about your rights etc and legal compliance why do you keep accessing this forum. 

Every time you do your Human Rights are infringed by the information your ISP keeps as demanded by the government. 

One of the fundamental aspects of the Human Rights Act was 'A right to privacy in all forms of communication'. 

• RMweb Gold

Great, that'll achieve a lot in this case.

So Teaky 'possibly' has another persons name and address which isn't yours and you feel the need to make a complaint to the ICO, you don't know Teaky's real name or address or who's details he 'possibly' has,  but you want to waste the time of the ICO on a complaint.

Grow up.

And talking of wasting time.......having already wasted a good deal of it in the pursuit of vexatious matter inappropriately on this forum....it would be a relief to a great many of us if he pursued it elsewhere rather than endlessly chewing away at it as a dog gnaws a bone. Agree with Teaky's advice.So please take the issue anywhere,rather than here.Surely enough is enough Oxygen supplies are running low.

Your quoting what is posted on the ICO website but that does not mean you understand things.

If you wish to make a complaint you need to make it to the Data Protection Manager/Officer responsible for Locomotion Models. He or she can then investigate to determine if a breach has occurred.  Then if a breach has occured they have 72 hours to report.

But you don't know if they already have.

I also notice what your omitting to add in is that failure to notify is up to 10 million euro fine or 2% of global profit.

Your going to be really popular if that happens.

• RMweb Gold

Isn't the only thing out there a wrong name on an address? It ended up because it was that households address!

My Dads loco just has an invoice slip inside with no full card details. So apart from knowing 'Bert Lewis' exists what do you know about him? Doesn't seem like a data breach to me.

I think the annoyance at not getting the loco on the first day has rather boiled over.

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I got a letter yesterday addressed to "The occupier". There is no one living here called "The occupier" . Should I report this serious data breach? It appears to be widespread as some of my neighbours also got similar letters.

:) :)

• RMweb Gold

Looks like poor Stewart is working Sundays. I got the following welcome e mail today:

"Hi Colin, Due to problems associated with the UK delivery of these models, international deliveries are unavoidably delayed and I aim to start shipping these out from Wednesday.

Regards

Stuart"

Edited by Colin_McLeod

it would be a relief to a great many of us if he pursued it elsewhere rather than endlessly chewing away at it as a dog gnaws a bone.

Hopefully I have helped in this respect. I've removed his access to the topic so everyone can return to worrying "Where's mine!" ;)

• Like 4