Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

That's a cracking bit of footage! I've got 2 Modern Traction Archive DVD's featuring solely Bletchley station in 1987 (around 3 1/2 hours of footage) and I was tempted to model Euston in this period. The variety of liveries and coach formation combinations is quite vast and would make for an interesting layout to operate however I really wanted to model the class 90's and the introduction of the MK3 DVT's on some services so 1989 was chosen as a good transition period.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hallo,

Love the video. Question for the RMWebbers. The vans at Milton Keynes being hauled by the 85 from 4min50 in, are those Thompson Brakes in the rake? 

Thanks in advance

es grüßt

pc

They look like a mix of GUV's and BG's to me.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Agree regarding the GUV and BGs, the footage is a wee bit blurred which may be why they looked like something else.

Was surprised to see an Intercity liveried loco with four digit headcode box, at 18 mins 06 secs. I imagine the 83 must have pretty much unique in that regard.

Edited by Waverley47708

Agree regarding the GUV and BGs, the footage is a wee bit blurred which may be why they looked like something else.

Was surprised to see an Intercity liveried loco with four digit headcode box, at 19mins 20secs. I imagine the 83 must have pretty much unique in that regard.

I think the 83 was re-instated to carry out ECS duties and was the only one to be painted in Intercity livery. The headcode like you say was rather unique.

The 82's that were employed on ECS duties were all fitted with marker lights.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

Hallo once more,

I watched the video clip again and this time on a larger screen (as opposed to a smartphone), The windows on the all blue BGs are just about visible, so thanks for pointing that out!

Being a WCML fan since basically birth, I am avidly following this thread and love it

es grüßt

pc

Hallo once more,

I watched the video clip again and this time on a larger screen (as opposed to a smartphone), The windows on the all blue BGs are just about visible, so thanks for pointing that out!

Being a WCML fan since basically birth, I am avidly following this thread and love it

es grüßt

pc

HI,

Thanks for following and glad you are enjoying the thread.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• 2 months later...

Hi Jeremy,Just wondering how your little one is and also have Network rail had any further chance to get on with the layout for you.Keith

Hi Keith,

Many thanks for looking in. Our little one is doing fine thanks, 12 weeks old already, time seems to fly by so quickly.

The layout has progressed since and now has all the baseboards finished for the fiddle yard. I’ve temploted the fiddle yard plan and made some amendments since and now printed and stuck down to the baseboards the final version.

Today I’ve started to lay the track leading to the fiddle yard and hope to have the first train running into the station in a couple of weeks time, which will be quite an achievement as I started the layout build nearly two and a half years ago.

I’ll post a full update during January 2018 with updates also on my rolling stock.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Edited by cornish trains jez
  • Like 9

• 1 month later...

I was lucky enough to visit 'Euston' and see Jeremy's layout in the flesh last weekend. What an inspiration! I thought the track work and the resprays looked good in the pictures here, but they look even better in real life!!!

This is going to be an epic layout and I can't wait to see it grow and develop - and seeing it in the flesh has really inspired me to crack on and do some modelling! Great job Jeremy and a real pleasure to meet you!

• Like 2

I was lucky enough to visit 'Euston' and see Jeremy's layout in the flesh last weekend. What an inspiration! I thought the track work and the resprays looked good in the pictures here, but they look even better in real life!!!

This is going to be an epic layout and I can't wait to see it grow and develop - and seeing it in the flesh has really inspired me to crack on and do some modelling! Great job Jeremy and a real pleasure to meet you!

Thanks mate! It was a pleasure to have you down and you are welcome anytime. The layout is progressing still and I mentioned in my last post that I would update in January but with work being manic and family life a little hectic with the kids, I've not had much time to work on the layout but as I say, there are still bits moving forward.

I'll update soon hopefully with some pictures.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Jeremy, always good to see what you've been upto. You've made some good progress and I really like your 317.

I know the AC electrics and the intercity stock will always be the highlight, but I often think some layouts really miss this kind of 'background' stock to give a realistic feel. It's something I know I need to improve on my own layout. Fingers crossed the revolution 321 goes ahead.

All the best

Dave

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Jeremy, always good to see what you've been upto. You've made some good progress and I really like your 317.

I know the AC electrics and the intercity stock will always be the highlight, but I often think some layouts really miss this kind of 'background' stock to give a realistic feel. It's something I know I need to improve on my own layout. Fingers crossed the revolution 321 goes ahead.

All the best

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your kind comments. I love this era of blue/grey and Intercity as this was the era I grew up with from my trainspotting days on the ECML.

Looking forward to the 321’s too and hope they get across the line and into production.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Edited by cornish trains jez

First time I've seen this topic, some lovely work there.
I worked on the original modernisation plan resignalling in the '60s and I don't think the layout changed significantly between then and the 80s.
The signalling plan is here http://www.norgrove.me.uk/signalli.htm It is legible after downloading and zooming in. Might have helped if you had found it two years ago, sorry about that, probably well down the list on google since Euston has a lot of entries.

Regards

First time I've seen this topic, some lovely work there.

I worked on the original modernisation plan resignalling in the '60s and I don't think the layout changed significantly between then and the 80s.

The signalling plan is here http://www.norgrove.me.uk/signalli.htm It is legible after downloading and zooming in. Might have helped if you had found it two years ago, sorry about that, probably well down the list on google since Euston has a lot of entries.

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for posting that and thanks for your interest in my thread. Will come in very handy indeed. I had a similar plan which was kindly sent to me back at the beginning of the layout construction. It’s nice however to see the section after the station throat, heading north, as I may well model this section in the future.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Some nice progress all round Jeremy. The 50 is a beast and the 91 looks to be making good progress.

Will those HSTs by coming to DEMU for run around Burton on Trent?

Cheers matey! The HST’s could certainly make an appearance on BoT at DEMU and the 50 also, maybe on a special.

Best regards,

Jeremy