Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

I do hope the Railcar is arriving at Endcombe, otherwise the Passengers for LM Service in the B Set will be well Peeeeeeeeeeeeeed off. :no:  :no:  :sungum:

Looks to me like it's left, as has the other service, they have missed both. Better hope the tea shop is open while they wait.

• Like 1

I wonder how the dairy keeps going - you never see any staff, there's never a milk tanker being shunted in or out, just a manager's car badly parked out front. 

It is the 30's where life was much slower!

If you look carefully you can see where I have moved one of the shrubs out of the way of the recent gap works and left it in the yard.

I take your point about staff, it is on my list off things to do...……

as to the shunting well to be honest I have an electrical problem with it shorting out so I removed the feed to the polarity switch and it now works as a piece of track at the moment.

It was an old secondhand Y point that I altered in the time honoured fashion for electrofrogs but until a few weeks ago it worked fine, so another thing to add to the list.....!

I KNOW. :no:  :no:  :no:  :sungum: 

Do you, as it has a driver at both ends!

• Like 1

Looks to me like it's left, as has the other service, they have missed both. Better hope the tea shop is open while they wait.

I know, but it made for a nice staged picture...……

There is more in this sequence and the railcar has been moved in the direction of Little Muddle, so I would surmise that it has left!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I imagine the driver of the red car is the dairy owner's wayward son.

He's supposed to be taking on the day to day management but he's not very interested. He screeches into the car park in the middle morning, asks the staff if everything's OK, and rushes off again to do something much more immediately gratifying.

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Surely Ken was on a low level sortie, checking he could get the wings between the house and the barn, hopping over the tractor shed then pulling up sharply to avoid the signal, all the time keeping the camera focussed on the railcar.

post-7025-0-82055900-1531998243.png

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 8

Surely Ken was on a low level sortie, checking he could get the wings between the house and the barn, hopping over the tractor shed then pulling up sharply to avoid the signal, all the time keeping the camera focussed on the railcar.

attachicon.gifsopwith_over_muddle.png

To be honest I'm more worried by the bomb slung underneath!!!!

It being a dairy, one wonders what is in the barrel. Is this a new delicacy of creamed herrings perchance?

Maybe its nails for use in plugging the holes in the tanker wagon that's been standing under the awning for what seems like weeks!

It being a dairy, one wonders what is in the barrel. Is this a new delicacy of creamed herrings perchance?

Maybe its nails for use in plugging the holes in the tanker wagon that's been standing under the awning for what seems like weeks!

Based on what Stubby said I suspect it's full of beer for the closing down party.

Might be a bit quiet as I haven't built the staff yet?

The tanker wagon did move this morning for a clean but now it is back under the awning, especially in this heat...

Edited by KNP
  • Like 3

Thanks for all the comments about the recent pictures of the creamery and it's lorry.

The last picture was heavily cropped to focus in on the lorry but it hides a problem that has just come to light over the last few days.

Due to the insessant heat the glue to the back scene board appears to have lost adhesion to the wall causing a joint section to pull away and rip the back scene.

1404.jpg.33a9cf94974a898ad873a24d2446c361.jpg

Other areas appear OK so the plan is to leave it for a day or to see what else happens and then mechanically fix the top back to the wall with say - a section of picture frame along the either length, glue any rips with wall paper paste to tidy up and hope it all holds....

Edited by KNP
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

After posting a sequence of pictures of 4825 running light into Little Muddle I thought I ought to follow up of some of her leaving with the autocoach.

attachicon.gif1405.jpg

attachicon.gif1406.jpg

attachicon.gif1407.jpg

Please note how clean the windows are on the autocoach both internally and externally. I have spent ages getting rid of those silly bits of flick and flecks that seem attract themselves to the glazing when your back is turned.

Now come on, be honest, how many of you have done what I did and spend a while cleaning a piece of glazing only to realise the bit of fleck was on the reverse side...….!!!!

Wonderful weathering of loco & autocoach Kevin.

Now for something different, I was lent a couple of 009 loco's by my friend Andrew as I don't have any stock myself so

Over on Cold! I took some pictures of these visitors.

CL8.jpg.5e3be1d519c3e61ac89f6e11b4270bde.jpg

CL6.jpg.f3ce1d6f5b28b72c536f623f5c9c5621.jpg

CL18.jpg.796ad1a26a3e6fc4763c92051332cbc7.jpg

CL12.jpg.36a9dbab356f11b717f64ef5007d0324.jpg

I know this CBC is to the same scale as Little Muddle but I forgot how small these loco's are..…

Yeo and Peggy supplied courtesy of Andrew Mott 

Edited by KNP
  • Like 9

Back to Little Muddle.

Rolling into the station is 4825 with the 10.55 autocoach.

1409.jpg.2cf4e315bd0e4b3fec89eb5ef8ebbafd.jpg

1410.jpg.907fe4db1171068948cd1a236c18022a.jpg

1411.jpg.982324cefd8bd253ee4e0f384211c949.jpg

Poor old Ken had to move back a bit otherwise I think the loco would have hit him!!!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 19

And here's what not to do.

As I couldn't see the viewfinder I had the camera remotely controlled by my iPhone so the the image the camera was seeing was displayed on the phone screen.

Inadvertently I must have pressed the take button on the phone as I was moving the loco resulting in this

1412.jpg.eb9092720691ce9e182325725cd1fa50.jpg

This was what I was after.....

1413.jpg.29d5a158603a6dc46f8518314f311310.jpg

But then after all that I didn't like the result as there was to much bleeding around some of the edges!!!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 4