Kernow Models Beattie Well Tank

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear oh dear - why I did I chose South Wales as a prototype and build up the necessary collection of stock to support that choicecray.gif

And overall I think Chris Trerise and his 'consultant' (who is among us on RMWeb of course) are to be congratulated on the patience and persistence which has got this model up the standard that was originally specified to the factory and its design team. More than anything else - apart from the exhaustive original research and an top notch specification - it seems to have been persistence and insistence on meeting the specifcation in every respect which has delivered such an excellent result. I hope it bodes well in the future for Chris and his business plus the financial risk he has undertaken with this model and his other commissions while if gives us further assurance that Dapol's manufacturers in China can get it right when the commissioner pays constant detail attention to getting the product he has specified and Dapol manages things accordingly. Now how many of these things were transferred to work restricted axleload lines in Wales?

• RMweb Gold

Resistance is useless. Except when wiring up lighting, of course ;)

Well our Scalefour Club (DRAG) is looking at building a group layout, I'm going to push Boscarne Junction (or Wadebridge) like mad! Such a beautiful area.

Regards,

Nick

• RMweb Premium

And overall I think Chris Trerise and his 'consultant' (who is among us on RMWeb of course) are to be congratulated on the patience and persistence which has got this model up the standard that was originally specified to the factory and its design team. More than anything else - apart from the exhaustive original research and an top notch specification - it seems to have been persistence and insistence on meeting the specifcation in every respect which has delivered such an excellent result. I hope it bodes well in the future for Chris and his business plus the financial risk he has undertaken with this model and his other commissions while if gives us further assurance that Dapol's manufacturers in China can get it right when the commissioner pays constant detail attention to getting the product he has specified and Dapol manages things accordingly.

Well said that man....

Even before my first one (3329) is received, I feel sure that this particular model will raise the bar for the very best of r-t-r. So, yes. Very sincere congratulations to Chris and his team.

And if the answers to my next questions have been posted, I apologise.

Question(s): Has a forum reader determined the choice of 6-pin decoders, and what are their specifications?

My first choice would normally be TCS, but to date I have only used 8-pin. The BWT with 6-pin will be new ground for me.

An earlier posting drew attention to the idea of fitting the decoder behind a removable smokebox door. Is this a first? No doubt others will follow.

PB

See http://www.tcsdcc.com/Customer_Content/Products/Decoders/N-Scale/EUN651/EUN651.html which may be the answer. I know it is advertised for N but that should not matter.

While my BWT is on the high seas I will let one of you test out decoders. About 10 weeks puts it at mid to late October for delivery given no further unforeseen events.

best

• RMweb Premium

Put my order in when first announced 2 years ago! I thought the Southern version was a late edition yet it is the first to be produced? Still, I can wait a little longer for mine. It will spread the costs out a bit as I have an 'N' class due this month.

• RMweb Gold

Yes although the Southern version was the last to be annouced, it shares the body moulding with 30586. It is final corretions being made to the livery application / decals on the BR versions which have meant that the Southern version could be approved first.

• RMweb Gold

I will post updates to the above mentioned Adams O2 thread as and when I have any news. I can assure it is in the queue. Now lets keep this thread for the Well Tank.

• RMweb Gold

Just to add a little to Graham's post directly above - the next loco in the Kernow commission queue is the D6XX on which I understand work is well underway in China (no, I don't have any idea of the release date and in any case I'm sure it has its own thread). As I understand things the the 02 comes after that and I'm sure that Graham will keep us fully in the picture.

• RMweb Premium

Not sure of the exact order of expected release but beyond the WT add weathered D63xx, D6xx, O2 and SR 1020x types. Chris / Kernow MRC has a lot of investment in our specially-commissioned needs at stake!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope not on a "slow boat from China"....or one that gets hijacked by Somali pirates...

I hope Kernow doesn't wait for the BR one I have on order and ship the SR one as soon as it arrives.

Oh joy! Now I have to make a decision on whether I can afford one! :( ;)

Priorities! I have just abandoned an alternative luxury. For the time being at least. But then there's the Wainwright C in SR Black, the brace of 25ton pill-box brake vans, and Oxford's delayed scenic additions.

PB

K2051 / K2052 / K2053 Beattie Well Tank 30587 / 6 / 5 OO Gauge Approved for Production!

After two long years of work we approved production of all three of the British Railways versions of the Beattie Well Tank today. The model has been refined over many iterations and the finished version is shown on the pictures attached. As with the Southern version, this final version includes a modified coupling hook and revised decoration of the wheels and coupling rods. Included with the model is an accessory pack including vacuum pipes, fire irons and SR Route Discs. The model features a removable smokebox door to give easy access to the 6-pin DCC decoder socket which means DCC conversion can be undertaken without removing the locomotive body. The differing fonts and logo placements have been faithfully reproduced on all three models, including the lack of depot shedcode on 30585.

Delivery is expected within 8 - 10 weeks.

Direct product links: -

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/product/28467/K2051_Dapol_240WT_Beattie_Well_Tank_Steam_Locomotive_30587

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/product/28468/K2052_Dapol_240WT_Beattie_Well_Tank_Steam_Locomotive_30586

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/product/28469/K2053_Dapol_240WT_Beattie_Well_Tank_Steam_Locomotive_30585

30585lra.jpg

30585lrb.jpg

30585lrc.jpg

30585lrd.jpg

30585lre.jpg

30586lra.jpg

30586lrb.jpg

30586lrc.jpg

30586lrd.jpg

30586lre.jpg

30587lra.jpg

30587lrb.jpg