Bachmann Departmentals in store

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold

Bachmann Europe Plc has today announced production of departmental rolling stock using existing tooling in 00 scale. The items include:

34-253 x LMS coach in Departmental green livery ‘Signals’ £22.30

post-243-0-54706200-1346606062.jpg

34-330 x LMS BG van in Departmental black livery ‘Electrification’ £22.30

post-243-0-89038400-1346606071.jpg

39-185 BR Mk1 BG in Departmental Green livery £28.35

post-243-0-72992900-1346606126.jpg

33-902 Bogie well wagon in Departmental black livery £10.40

post-243-0-31741100-1346606053.jpg

37-255 16T mineral wagon in Departmental green without flap doors £9.75

post-243-0-04910100-1346606087.jpg

37-931 3 plank wagon in Departmental green livery £8.50

post-243-0-20653500-1346606105.jpg

37-356 13T Steel ‘Sand’ Tippler wagon in Departmental green livery £9.05

post-243-0-98694100-1346606096.jpg

38-162 12T BR planked ventilated van in Departmental green livery £10.55

post-243-0-36494400-1346606116.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

SouthernMan The pics open ok for me in a number of browsers and seem to be working for others? I am sure these releases will also be added to the Bachmann website tomorrow morning.

Graham.

Could we not have JUST ONE THREAD Please?

Say Bachmann Summer announcements? :)

All these new threads popping up are going to be really hard to find to comment on later and are just filling up the front page of VNC!

Also, can we have the pictures? Pretty Please.

Or can you Just supply a link to the Bachmann Press release at all ?

Many Thanks

Mike

any links or anything please ? - the pics don't open in the OP

Ditto the 47 thread

• RMweb Gold

Probably easier for Graham to list them separately but they will all be in the 'Bachmann' section of 'Products and Trade' so shouldn't be too difficult to find I would have thought? Are you having picture problems too - others seem to be ok and I'm having no trouble with the pics onSafari (the browser that is. I'm not on safari although I am shortly going on a voyage).

• RMweb Gold

No probs - i'll wait

The models won't be out until 2015 anyway :jester:

They had fully decorated samples on display today and as they are using exising tooling I doubt it will be that long...

• Like 1

Just popped home to look at these - pictures not working where I am now but I can see them at home - excellent!! Just need to find some photos of prototype trains to see what goes with what.

I wonder what 'Modelzone' will make of this, bearing in mind their history of RTC and Engineers yellow departmental vehicles - is Bachmann doing these themselves a threat to them, or will it complement them?

Wonderfully lateral-thinking stuff which should sell by the bucketload to modellers of that era. We do live in good times.

Not just lateral - but logical and some might say insprired thinking from those at Barwell. Given how well the current set up with Network Rail stuff is going for the current scene, modelling Departmental stock from this period would be a boon for Bachmann as everyone will want that train for the novelty value of running something different. Notice how some of it is for electrification work to be done. That will surely inspire modellers to string up the wires for that class 85 in early blue, for this train to then be seen along side on test. When seen in that light, the possibilities of counter sales and some great modelling make such choices sheer brilliance.

• RMweb Premium

Oooh, just noticed that Weltrol belongs to Brighton, that is a must purchase assuming that the Ebay Carpetbaggers who are probably stampeding to their retailers to order a hundred of each model even as I type this don't clean out the stocks first.