Hattons Model Railways of Widnes (formerly Liverpool).

tractor_37260

I'll try to be the devils advocate here. :)

I don't use Hattons exclusively, but have mostly had good service from them.

I have now put in an order for a handful of coaches, (although I have hung off for a week or so whilst this has all been going on). Hopefully all goes well and normal service has resumed and I can report back in a week or so when they arrive in Oz with news. Worst case scenario is that it all goes pear shaped and I lose a few heavily discounted coaches.

Don't quite have the confidence to order anything pricey right now like a loco or train pack that I quite fancy. (I'll see how the coaches go first) but I would like to think that Hatton's, despite the recent dramas, can get back to the levels of service that I have enjoyed for a long time. I am sure they are working hard to get back on top of things and hopefully if the next few transactions go well, I can go back to giving them more of My hard earned.

Sometimes despite best intentions, things just go wrong and it takes some time to get back to where you were. If you don't comment you get damned, if You do comment, then you get shredded, because the answers to peoples questions are not what everyone wants to hear. We may feel somewhat put out and inconvenienced, but the next time Hattons has a fire sale we will all be frothing at the bit to get to the bargains. :)

For those that have missed out on something or have not resolved an issue, I feel for you. But I'm sure they are doing their best behind the scenes and I'm sure that they will do there utmost to resolve everyone's issues eventually, but they may be busy trying to fix whatever the main problems were to start with before they move on too each individuals drama.

I'll let you all know how the recent order goes, I have recieved the usual notifications already. :)

Edit - Order arrived Yesterday 30/ 10 so about 12 days after ordering - Regular Airmail to Oz and then to Country WA. Well packed and all present and accounted for seems back to normal to Me. :)

Edited by The Blue Streak

Morning all,

Apologies for not having updated you all sooner.

Thank you for bearing with us, we are still working on getting back to normal over here.

Deliveries of new stock are nearly up to date and will be sorted by the end of this week. We’ve also restored the pre-owned items that were “hidden” during the stock take and will be starting to list more pre-owned in the near future.

Despatch emails with tracking information are not being sent, this is also related to orders staying as "Open" in your accounts. We are working to resolve these matters.

Any despatch delays now are due to requiring stock from our secondary warehouse. Due to the amount of stock we provide, we simply cannot keep it all in one location but try to keep enough to satisfy our expected level of orders. We perform regular movements from the second warehouse which means that under normal circumstances you will not be able to notice if an item has come from off-site.

During, and following on from, the stock take we have not been able to perform these as normal which has created these delays. A large amount of items arrived back with us yesterday and we will be getting even more back today.

We understand some people have been into our store and asked for items that were available online but not available in the shop due to them being on pallets.  This is a similar situation to above and with the sheer amount of stock around the warehouse, accessing some pallets to replenish shelves has not been possible.  

There were one or two items that appeared erroneously on the website and were available to order.  We have resolved this problem and have taken steps to make sure it does not happen again.

At the moment we're not able to offer guaranteed Next Day delivery services simply down to this not being fair to people with outstanding orders. Once the orders have been cleared through we will certainly be offering this service again.

Once again, I'm really sorry for the delays and issues you have experienced with us lately. We’ll be back to our usual high standards as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Hattons  have  still not  taken  any  action  regarding  my return  of  2  faulty  Dapol signals  which  they  recvd  last  week,  I have  been fobbed  off with excuses  saying  they  were  busy  etc.

Usually in  the past  they  have  given  excellent  service,  but  now  it  seems   they do not  care too much,  over  many  years  I  have  placed many orders  with  them,  when  I  check my order  record  I  surprise  myself  at  the  number  I have  placed  ,  and  I am  disappointed  at  the  sudden  change  of attitude.  which seems too  have occurred.

Hi Steve,

Sorry this has taken longer to process than normal. I believe this has now been processed. Feel free to get back in touch with our Helpdesk team should you have any more questions or issues and I’m sure they’ll be able to help.

In regards to operations in general, we’re near enough back to normal on the despatch side of things with over 850 orders despatched at the half-way point of today. Deliveries are being booked on and received as normal.

There are still some returns that are currently being worked through but great headway has been made into clearing this and we’ll continue to work on them.

Apologies for not providing updates regularly, I’ll certainly be working on that myself. I do appreciate the interest that our customers show in us and we will communicate better going forward.

Cheers,

Dave

I think the two items that couldn't be found when I visited Widnes on Sunday may have arrived, couple of point motors which they said would be sent post free to me once located.

Parcel was too big to put through the letter box, maybe there was a free 2-BIL as a way of apology ( :jester:) it was on my list but I resisted making the purchase.

Hi Steve,

Sorry this has taken longer to process than normal. I believe this has now been processed. Feel free to get back in touch with our Helpdesk team should you have any more questions or issues and I’m sure they’ll be able to help.

In regards to operations in general, we’re near enough back to normal on the despatch side of things with over 850 orders despatched at the half-way point of today. Deliveries are being booked on and received as normal.

There are still some returns that are currently being worked through but great headway has been made into clearing this and we’ll continue to work on them.

Apologies for not providing updates regularly, I’ll certainly be working on that myself. I do appreciate the interest that our customers show in us and we will communicate better going forward.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave

Yes  I  have  had  info from  paypal  that  the  refunds  have  been  actioned,  they  have  not  actually been  applied to  my  paypal account  yet  noted  as  pending

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave

Yes  I  have  had  info from  paypal  that  the  refunds  have  been  actioned,  they  have  not  actually been  applied to  my  paypal account  yet  noted  as  pending

That can take up to 30 days according to PayPal. I had a recent experience which took two weeks to reach my card.

Reliable communication is all that is required but it is sadly lacking it's almost like talking to politicians

Indeed.  I don't mind any firm having problems as long as they don't billshut me, but I do get majorly miffed when Hatton's help desk staff say something will definitely happen and it doesn't. 

That's happened twice to me in recent months, so as a consequence I can't now rely on what the helpdesk says. 

Hattons has been my first choice for mail order for many years and their service is very good. I can only recall one messed up order, which was for this:

34962981953_a7df4d6b1f_z.jpgP1070630am by Robert Carroll, on Flickr

By accident, they sent only one car, as the three cars were in separate boxes. One quick phone call and it was sorted out.

I have had a couple of dud locos. Again, sorted out with no problem.

Looking at recent posts, it seems they have been pretty open about having had a few problems in the last couple of weeks. Stock control is all in such a business so it's important to allow them to get on top of it.

• Like 1

More irritation, I ordered 2 locos on Monday and they arrived this morning. Of course there was nobody at home because Hattons had not sent me an email with the Royal Mail tracking number. Now I have to trail to the depot which is miles away

Thinks, this has happened before.

• RMweb Premium

More irritation, I ordered 2 locos on Monday and they arrived this morning. Of course there was nobody at home because Hattons had not sent me an email with the Royal Mail tracking number. Now I have to trail to the depot which is miles away

Thinks, this has happened before.

If you go on the Royal Mail website you can ask them to deliver on a specified date or to take it to your local post office. Re-delivery does not cost anything but collecting it from the post office will set you back 50p I think.

• RMweb Premium

I suggest that all those with an interest in Hatton's should buy a copy of the December issue of Railway Modeller (out on Thurs 9th November). I have received a marketing email from Peco with a copy of the front cover of the next magazine and there is an article with the title:-

HATTON'S BEHIND THE SCENES - Secrets of this Widnes based retailer laid bare.

I would assume that the article was prepared before the stocktaking and IT issues that have created so many pages over the last few weeks . . . . . . . . .

Ordered and paid for a 14xx over a month ago along with some other items. Two days later got an e-mail saying that due to a computer error there were some items showing 'in stock' which actually weren't. Emailed to find out what items in my order I wouldn't get and was told all mine were available, it was a generic email and my order was being despatched that day. Two weeks pass and no delivery, so I email again and was told my order was going to be posted that day. Two days later package arrives with rest of order but with a Dapol Class 122 and no 14xx. Emailed to say I never ordered a Class 122 and didn't get the 14xx. I was told it was an error and could I send the 122 back. Asked if they actually had the 14xx in stock and was told 'yes it's on the shelf for you'. Asked them to send it then, but was told that was not possible until the 122 was returned. Sent it back and waited. Checked a week later to see if they had received it, they had, three days earlier, so asked when I would get my 14xx. Was told that they couldn't find the 122 but the 14xx was on the shelf. Asked them if they knew where the 14xx was and that they had received the 122, why couldn't they send it? Then threatened to contact Trading Standards and received an email saying it had been despatched. Arrived next morning after just over a month. If there was a problem, why couldn't they just be honest and tell me? Not been a good experience this time.

I appreciate the negative experiences some are having which would frustrate me as well.

In comparison to the mail order service, I called in to the store this week and found the service is still great. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly with the shop busy with customers. 

All the pre-owned bits and bobs that don't usually make it on to the website were gone though, with the shelves empty. I think it shows they haven't quite 'made it out the other side' of the stock take yet. 

I appreciate the negative experiences some are having which would frustrate me as well.

In comparison to the mail order service, I called in to the store this week and found the service is still great. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly with the shop busy with customers. 

All the pre-owned bits and bobs that don't usually make it on to the website were gone though, with the shelves empty. I think it shows they haven't quite 'made it out the other side' of the stock take yet. 

Yes, believe that they still have stock in their 'other' warehouse.   I ordered an item two weeks ago and speaking to Hatton's via their live chat have been told that it is still on a pallet awaiting to be moved from their other warehouse.   

Maybe time for another update from Hatton's Dave.

Regards, John

• RMweb Gold

Yes, believe that they still have stock in their 'other' warehouse.   I ordered an item two weeks ago and speaking to Hatton's via their live chat have been told that it is still on a pallet awaiting to be moved from their other warehouse.   

Maybe time for another update from Hatton's Dave.

Regards, John

Hi John, we’re 99.9% back to normal now with items regularly arriving back from the other warehouse.

If you can email info@hattons.co.uk with the item you have ordered or your order details and I’ll have a look at this for you.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi John, we’re 99.9% back to normal now with items regularly arriving back from the other warehouse.

If you can email info@hattons.co.uk with the item you have ordered or your order details and I’ll have a look at this for you.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave,  I have sent you an email with all the details. 

Regards,  John

Ordered an Oxford Dean Goods, an Oxford bus and the latest Model Rail magazine last Thursday to be sent here to south east Queensland via DHL.

All has gone well, have received all the usual emails and even some extra ones I have not received before, keeping me updated on the progress of the order through the DHL system!

Due for delivery today - very happy that things seem back to normal, certainly Hattons have done their bit in getting the order packed and away quickly. 

Thanks Dave and all the staff involved.

• Like 2

Ordered an Oxford Dean Goods, an Oxford bus and the latest Model Rail magazine last Thursday to be sent here to south east Queensland via DHL.

All has gone well, have received all the usual emails and even some extra ones I have not received before, keeping me updated on the progress of the order through the DHL system!

Due for delivery today - very happy that things seem back to normal, certainly Hattons have done their bit in getting the order packed and away quickly. 

Thanks Dave and all the staff involved.

Well  next   day  delivery  is  not  yet  back  to  normal    as  of  today!!

I require to  know   when  deliveries will be  received, so I always  use   next  day delivery,

I spoke to  them  today  to  ask  when  it  would be   reinstated ,  they  could not  tell me,  but  said  if I order I would get   notification of  despatch, however  that   is  of little  use to me  as  I place  my orders  the   DAY BEFORE I know  someone  will actually   be  at  home , once again  they  have  lost  another  order. to  their  competition

Its  getting to  the  stage  now  where  I will not  even bother to consider  them,  sad  really  I placed  43 orders  in 2016,  not  checked  this  years  total yet

Edited by Stevelewis