westerhamstation

• RMweb Gold

Planning permissions and plans have been passed by the GLC and work can now start on the Thorburn Bain & Co factory.The plan is to print out the sections on to paper, then glue them to mount board with pritstick,

then cut out all the window apertures. I am going to build this as sections as you can see from the drawing the first three sections have been drawn up and work will commence with these. All the best Adrian.

ps; a right click on the drawing will make it easier to read.

post-17489-0-64711600-1515765658.jpg

post-17489-0-42452500-1515765668.jpg

post-17489-0-52106500-1515765690_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Planning permissions and plans have been passed by the GLC and work can now start on the Thorburn Bain & Co factory.The plan is to print out the sections on to paper, then glue them to mount board with pritstick,

then cut out all the window apertures. I am going to build this as sections as you can see from the drawing the first three sections have been drawn up and work will commence with these. All the best Adrian.

ps; a right click on the drawing will make it easier to read.

Good luck cutting that lot out!  :)  Knowing your ability though it will look excellent.

• RMweb Gold

Work has started on the Thorburn, Bain & Co Ltd envelope factory.

Material for the carcass/carcase? has been delivered in the form of my favourite material, a Worcester Bosch boiler box, courtesy of my next door neighbour who is a plumber. It is a very heavy duty type of corrugated card and is most suitable for a structure of this length. White mount board has been used to form a back drop for the windows and also provides extra bracing, pva glue has been used to glue everything in place. As usual I hope the photos show what has been done so far. All the best Adrian.

post-17489-0-26355900-1516212340.jpg

post-17489-0-74887800-1516212349.jpg

post-17489-0-04879900-1516212363.jpg

post-17489-0-07033900-1516212396.jpg

post-17489-0-93341200-1516212403.jpg

post-17489-0-43111600-1516212417.jpg

• Like 18

Hi Julian, if it gets any longer I will need to buid an extension to the kitchen. All the best from the dog house (where I am currently residing ) Adrian.

Hi Adrian,

My doghouse is warm n cosy and I spend most of my life in it-do I care? Im still model-making, does that answer the question? Lol!

Looking forward to seeing more of the build.

Kind regards,

CME

Work has started on the Thorburn, Bain & Co Ltd envelope factory.

Material for the carcass/carcase? has been delivered in the form of my favourite material, a Worcester Bosch boiler box, courtesy of my next door neighbour who is a plumber. It is a very heavy duty type of corrugated card and is most suitable for a structure of this length. White mount board has been used to form a back drop for the windows and also provides extra bracing, pva glue has been used to glue everything in place. As usual I hope the photos show what has been done so far. All the best Adrian.

Spectacular! No doubt the neighbours are wondering what your new window decoration is.  :scratch_one-s_head_mini:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Shelves is what I was going to say.  That will be one amazing building when you have finished it.

I did think that as it was an 'Envelope Factory' you were going to make it out of envelopes.  What you need is at least a piece of card in it from one of those envelopes used to send important documents.  (PM me if you want a piece, although only being A4 it might only be enough for the sign.)

• RMweb Premium

Nothing embarrassing about being in the dog house. You just don't want to be in there if the dog decides to join you! Trust me, I've got the T-shirt to prove it!!

Looking forward to seeing Thorburn, Bain & Co Ltd develop. Inspirational as ever Adrian. 

Regards Shaun

• Like 3

I know the feeling. My ever loving won’t let me knock a few bricks out of the wall so that I can have an authentic Grassington branch in the conservatory.

Derek

Whos name is on the deeds? LOL! 

Nothing embarrassing about being in the dog house. You just don't want to be in there if the dog decides to join you! Trust me, I've got the T-shirt to prove it!!

Looking forward to seeing Thorburn, Bain & Co Ltd develop. Inspirational as ever Adrian. 

Regards Shaun

Always in the doghouse me, its an ocupational hazard AFAIC........I just crack on with it, as the enemy is ever present, I just try to stay calm under fire....

Whos name is on the deeds? LOL! Always in the doghouse me, its an ocupational hazard AFAIC........I just crack on with it, as the enemy is ever present, I just try to stay calm under fire....

G'Day Folks

Medals are in the Post.....

manna

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, Im glad someone appreciates me and acknowledges combat service under extreme conditions-ie living with a woe-man. Lol!

Brave man, putting your head that far above the parapet. As my signature shows, I dare not risk such bravura on here.....

• Like 1

Brave man, putting your head that far above the parapet. As my signature shows, I dare not risk such bravura on here.....

Im used to it.....special ops dept.....psi warfare, Ive seen action in all of those spheres of operations, suffered under torture st the hands of the enemy lol! Edited by CME and Bottlewasher
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Now this bit is fairly boring, It involves cutting out some of the window openings in the mount board which will form the outer walls. A paper print out of the position of the windows was pasted to the mount board.

then the window openings were cut out with a stanley knife and steel rule, after they were all cut out, some card strips have been glued to the back for reinforcement. A start has been made on covering the panels with some dark brown brick paper. Some pictures of work so far. All the best Adrian. 

post-17489-0-02995500-1516898239.jpg

post-17489-0-94919600-1516898245.jpg

post-17489-0-75883000-1516898253.jpg

post-17489-0-84669800-1516898261.jpg

post-17489-0-97606600-1516898270.jpg

• Like 10

Now this bit is fairly boring, It involves cutting out some of the window openings in the mount board which will form the outer walls. A paper print out of the position of the windows was pasted to the mount board.

then the window openings were cut out with a stanley knife and steel rule, after they were all cut out, some card strips have been glued to the back for reinforcement. A start has been made on covering the panels with some dark brown brick paper. Some pictures of work so far. All the best Adrian. 

Dedication! Neat work too.

Great stuff Adrian, that's some cutting out ! You must have some patience, think it would drive me mad!

Steve

Me too, I like certain repetitive tasks, but I couldn't be that neat and consistent!

ATVB

CME