Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Part of the Wall.

.I have to apologise for the quality.....leaning over, balancing on one foot, and videoing back towards the middle does not make for smooth footage.....

I think we need to sort a cam.

and a GBRF class 66.

• Like 8

and I quote.....from the website that put this up.......

Lycra is NOT spandex! Lycra makes you thiner, sexier and faster!

.....it still doesn't bear thinking about.....(apologies if this is you.....)

419776838_0156160682_m.jpghttps://www.google.com/search?

Hope I didn't put you off your lunch......normally I would be wearing my kilt and be on a unicycle :jester:

• Like 1

Hope I didn't put you off your lunch......normally I would be wearing my kilt and be on a unicycle :jester:

ok....with the level already low...

I have a question.....did the unicycle start off as a bicycle? :O  :O  :O

thats why he`s not on the penny farthing :sungum:

But I thought nothing was worn under the kilt!

Eerr - of course not   ........................     :nono:

ok....with the level already low...
I have a question.....did the unicycle start off as a bicycle?

........   the Unicycle must have come first  ....   history makes it clear that [someone] "man" invented the wheel - possibly developed from the rolling tree trunk    ....    probably because they ran out of arrowheads to exchange for suitable lengths of tree trunk, for rolling stuff on [due to the usual embezzlement by the Proccurement division]  .........    of course the answer was to do what most Governments do and make cuts to the original system   ........................

..........................    and they then had the usual Servile UnServicable "runabout" to try to make the new shorter tree trunk rollers work    .........    with the usual result that the over-enthusiastic shortening of tree trunk rollers meant they were far too short and fell flat sideways  .........   every time     .......    [their chief scientist assured the government that it must work because the fact was that the air pressure on either side of the thin cut tree trunk roller was equal   .......   and would force it to stay upright   .....   he concluded it must be the fault of the thankless team of the tree trunk roller cutters, who were obviously not cutting them accurately enough  .............

..........................    until one day one of the Military Grunts soldiers conscripted in to hold the shortened tree trunk rollers upright - [they had already run out of the civvy equivalents, as a result of the Stonehenge stones dropping onto the heads of the shortened tree trunk roller steadying teams...   :O  ] - got fed-up and decided enough was enough   ...    [and who would blame him - lying on the ground under those ~Stonehenge blocks, holding a thin slice of tree trunk roller was a right dodgy business, I can assure you...  governments have had much to answer for - even back then  .... ]         .........    

.........................    he did what no military man would normally countenance  [there are actually a few exceptions - and this was one of those moments  ... :declare: ]

.........................     he simply lost his temper and said    ........     "NO!" ..............     

.........................     not only that ......................  he told them they could stick his [No. 2 Issue] spear where the Sun seldom shone   ............     :O   .............    and then threw it at them    .....................  yes he did   .............

As things turned out his throw wasn't quite all it had been intended to be    .........................     although mightily forceful, it totally missed the King's arsenal and flew at the massive stonehenge stone    ............   bounced off the stone and struck a shortened tree trunk right in the centre, with such a force [my goodness he was an angry Grunt Soldier... ] - it went clean through and stuck out of the other side    ................  

.........................     despite the setback of the flawed jettison of his weapon and symbol of his rank   ...............   he was not to be deterred   ..............    he ran at the shortened tree trunk roller, which gripped his spear, with the intention of hauling the spear free so he could take it in both hands and place it precisely where it had been intended to go in the first place   ............    [he did realise that should his intention be unfulfilled - that promotion recently hinted at - was probably already history..........]

........................     little did he know that a different history was about to unfold, as he hurled himself across the grass to grab the spear and free it from the grip of the badly shortened tree trunk roller     ...........

........................     hands stretched out to grasp he sprinted towards the spear, screaming at those who were prepared to sacrifice military lives to protect their own ignorant positions of authority - [nothing new there then] ........

........................     he sped across the short stretch of grass, leaping to his spear   ................    but   .................    was thwarted by a small tuft of grass, upon which he tripped  ...  up-ended - his heels attempted to overtake his head and his hands reached down for the shaft of the spear in a desperate, last chance grasping motion       ...............

.......................     it seemed luck might be with him, as his fingers wrapped around the sturdy shaft of the spear   .............     eyes out like organ stops, he held onto the shaft with all his might as his feet flew over his head    ......    he knew in his heart that his last moment was approaching - when his back thudded to the stony ground and split assunder   .....................    :O       ............    

.............   ["listen in next week to find out  ...]

........................................      ....................................

[Oh ok then]        ..................................    as his feet whooshed, at the pinnacle of their arc over his head, something strange was happening to his hands    ...........    his weight began to bear down on the  spear as they gripped the shaft, in desperation    .........................    and as it did so, the force of his weigh made the shaft move with his flight across the grass     ....................     the shortened tree trunk roller began to move with the shaft   ..........   faster and faster the combined man, spear and shortened tree trunk roller passed over the grass towards a slope down into the valley      ...................    he was concentrating on his destination, so rather missed the spectacle of an inverted soldier, grasping the shaft of a spear, passed through a thin slice of tree trunk, rolling at speed across the grass      .........   still faster they went until  ............      CRUNCH!   .....    they hit another stonehenge stone halfway down the slope    ...................    Uugh! best not to look   ........

What a mess   ....  both arms smashed across the hard granite stone totally skinning them and causing such bruising that it is not fair to describe to those who may recently have finished their dinner  .......    :nono:

.......................................     ..............................

he slowly dragged himself to his feet and stared at the broken spear, still through the centre of the shortened tree trunk roller, then his torn skin and badly bruised arms    ...............    but was still not yet aware that  ............

- this one that was to label him for evermore  ......   the inventor of the badly bruised wheal   ................

You see - it is quite obvious really - someone had to invent a single wheal wheel before someone else could join 2 of the same type together to make a bi-cycle    ...............      :jester:  :jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

and I quote.....from the website that put this up.......

.....it still doesn't bear thinking about.....(apologies if this is you.....)

419776838_0156160682_m.jpghttps://www.google.com/search?

Where's the "I think I'm gonna throw up" button when you need one?

It only works on one out of three for me...............

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2

Where's the "I think I'm gonna throw up" button when you need one?

Cheers,

Mick

one???? which one???? and does it have to be pink?...................

• RMweb Premium

You'll have to wait until Wrecrail2 next week to find out.

And no, you know pink isn't my favoured colour......

Cheers,

Mick

Wellll  ..................

Cheers,
Mick

it ..................................... works, very well indeed for me on all three   ..........................        :imsohappy:

since you  asked      :acute:    ..........................................                  ....................................               but it does depend upon which lady is wearing it  ..............       :angel: ....     :sungum:  :sungum:

to get back on topic..... :sungum:

Some OLD Kalborough pictures....

med_gallery_17883_2760_970765.jpg1344

a bit shy of ballast.............

med_gallery_17883_2760_1027954.jpg1334

.....lump ballast................shiny tracks...........

med_gallery_17883_2760_67281.jpg1220

signal box......up high.........

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 8

NEW Kalboro

new fence on the High Road

med_gallery_17883_2760_280535.jpgrmweb2552wall398

new fence to the left, and a new light that also lights the work area below

med_gallery_17883_2760_311428.jpgrmweb2553wall399

and the local snack bar taking advantage

building not bed in, but then it wouldn't be anyway, and new advertising signs facing the railway

med_gallery_17883_2760_384338.jpgrmweb2554kalboro1

• Like 8

NEW Kalboro detailing

new advertising boards up on the High Road

med_gallery_17883_2760_495138.jpgrmweb2555kalboro2

workers drafted in to put in new security fencing....in a hope to remove the graffiti permanently.....

med_gallery_17883_2760_69580.jpgrmweb2558kalboro5

med_gallery_17883_2760_169676.jpgrmweb2561kalboro8

Mindriver given special permission to come see the graffiti close up....'elf and safety could not find a hat small enough.....and are filling out a stack of forms......

• Like 8

I was looking at this recent picture

med_gallery_17883_2760_311428.jpgrmweb2553

and thinking to my self there is not much more i will add here......

and if that is the case......that road surface is truly appalling......

a quick search and I had this....so i slapped some on and tried to get it flattish

med_gallery_17883_2760_98759.jpgrmweb2565kaboro13

and although i am sure that using the last 10th is not giving me the best result......it had not deteriorated too much

so al the bits on the high road that had ever aggravated me got some slapped on

med_gallery_17883_2760_17841.jpgrmweb2566kalboro14

even where it is intended to go under building...unless i ever update the area...so the colour is all matched

med_gallery_17883_2760_475398.jpgrmweb2567kalboro15

and with a drity water paint brush i softened the edges so there were fewer hard edges

med_gallery_17883_2760_626984.jpgrmweb2568kalboro16

so it is just wait to dry add some paint some weathering and let you see how successful it is........fingers crossed....

(i always wash mu brushes out in a dirty water pot...because i use the resultant for weathering.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Now that is the sort of staight that I can reaslistically aspire to!

You may have noticed that you're getting ratings from me in two places... the end, and part way through. The benefit of a quiet time at the office, and two windows... one for current posting watching, and one for catching up on AV... I've made it to page 189, so am past the amazing dogs and much of the police station. I'll get there soon!

its a hodge lodge back there.....every time i go to the front page to sort out the links......i get scared i'lll crash the lot......

I already moved the video links into a separate post......

serious brownie points for plodding thru. I do go back to remember how i did something when i need to match some work. I really must make more effort to take photos of the colours i use.....

and to be fair to Dover Priory when you look at the main platform area the line is incredibly straight.....those pictures are at the end.....

either he arrived with a hangover...or it was the end of the day...and he seriously needed to Pee lol!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Hello Jaz,

In regard to painting very very small objects I find brushes like these are good, I do have smaller versions - Anything around 0.2 - 0.4 is pretty good  :paint: 

10557413_698835490165323_543536442204562

• Like 2