New model from Bachmann

geordie inexile

Well, we are all set up finally at DEMU, and the Bachmann stand is up and running, unfortunately you will all have to wait until the morning.............

It IS the morning now ... over here in Oz! Oh, wait. You mean, the morning over there. Where I am is 9 hours ahead of you in the UK right now, so half the weekend will already be used up and gone before I get the news. :D :D

I have no ideas at all on what they will announce, although there have been some persistant but very vague rumours over the last year or so that Bachmann were going to announce some London Transport stock. I'll have a go at guessing: maybe it is some dreadnought stock that Heljan's Bo Bo electrics can haul.

:sungum:

not desperate to know the very minute Bachmann make the announcement so itll come as a surprise when i log back in towards the end of the day as ive managed to pull myself away from tinternet for at least 8 hours.

the class 81 is a good call ^ as the chassis is the same as the class 85 in the main, just needs a tweaked body.  im sure the key dimensions are identical and it wouldnt suprise me if Bachmann hadnt alreadyfactored the 81 into their plans when toolng up for the 85.

the website does show the Bachmann rather than the farish banner so from that is it best to assume its 00 gauge rather than n gauge..............oh well.  lets see whats up their sleeveor whihc exciting new direction they could be taking us.

• RMweb Premium

If that is the correct proverbial feline escaping from the proverbial packaging then the silhouette was right all along.

After all that froth!!!

Really, all this anticipation for a London only underground train??? .....it's enough to make me vote SNP!

Really?

I'm in deepest East Anglia and these trains are utterly irrelevant to me, but does every geographically-limited model have to be greeted with such cynicism?

What about all that GWR coaching stock - presumably the rest of us should have been seething that it was a lot of fuss over something of very limited value.

And don't even get me started on Adams radials - and the fact that more than one manufacturer has the temerity to produce a model of them! 

Perhaps it's only announcements of London stock that must be criticised? Though, in fairness, doesn't S stock extend way out of London into Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire? Or don't they count?

This looks like a commission from the London Transport Museum, so I'd be surprised if it wasn't a London subject. Perhaps one of the many, many museums in Scotland might like to dig into their pockets and commission a Scottish subject? Or perhaps they're worried that that would be greeted by posts complaining bitterly at their parochialism?

Paul

PS: In fairness to you, you may have been joking...

Archived