New model from Bachmann

geordie inexile

Why assume its an "actual" model.....it might be a new business model that makes sure there is a steady supply of releases in a variety of liveries at a reasonable price..............i'll get my coat now! :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Maybe it's the DC sound models that were previewed a couple of years ago

After some fanfare, it all went quiet.

However, now that Hornby's released locos with low-cost sound which are selling well, Bachmann has been forced to play catch-up and will announce locos with a similar spec at DEMU.

• RMweb Premium

Well this model be available to buy after the announcement or will we have to wait 18 months for it?

18 months? As soon as that? :declare:

Cheers,

Mick

Is the exciting new feature not seen on a collectors club model Be 'just' DCC sound? Have they done a club exclusive sound loco before?

i dont think its a Collectors Club only model.  The website just refers to "our collectors".......

• RMweb Premium

Only 24 hours to go and no silly childish Facebook spoiler posts by Hornby yet.  Must be a record based on their form of late....

• RMweb Gold

Already had that, it's called Mazak rot, only available on models over £80.

My guess it's that wickham trolley, in St trinians livery.

If it's something else post 1968 I'm giving up on the club as a waste of time.

Sound chip fitted? "I claim the reward on behalf of St Trinians School...."

P

Guessing that this could be Bachmann trying to jump to the front of the queue, so maybe it might be one of the following:

APT-P   - unlikely but with interest generated elsewhere a long shot

Small Caly loco - Pre-groupings doing well and this is such an attractive livery.

Something else pre-grouping - they seam to generate lots of interest, matching stock to would be great!

GWR coaches - wouldn't be jumping the queue but would indicate why Hornby made their recent announcement

None of the above - I'm probably totally wrong, but hoping it is something I'd like to buy and is here in the not too distant future.

• RMweb Gold

I've just ordered 18100, Metro Vick Gas Turbine prototype Western Region, model from Silver Fox, so it's bound to be one of those.

Why not 18000 ....the "original" ? Often seen lurking around the works at Swindon,if not on the occasional train.18100 started life as a pin up girl at The Festival of Britain in 1951 and ended the decade rather ignominiously reborn as a test bed.Also on the platform with it on the South Bank were newly constructed Britannia 70004 of Golden Arrow fame and a new 1500v dc electric."O tempora,o whatever"....,

My guess...

It'll be out of Era for 90% of modellers,

It'll be too expensive for 80% of modellers,

It'll be too weathered for 80% of modellers,

It'll be too DCC fitted for 70% of modellers,

It'll be too late for 5% of modellers.

The Venn diagram of that lot has a total of two modellers who will buy one.

And one of those is thinking about going 'O' gauge.....

• RMweb Gold

Only 24 hours to go and no silly childish Facebook spoiler posts by Hornby yet.  Must be a record based on their form of late....

What utter rubbish. the last time Hornby announced the merchant navy everybody said that is was to pre-empt Bachmann, but i can not remember Bachmann then announcing anything! So the only thing Hornby preempted was a load of RM froth. But they seem to do that by just existing. In the words of Bill Shatner, "Get a life"

Why not 18000 ....the "original" ? Often seen lurking around the works at Swindon,if not on the occasional train.18100 started life as a pin up girl at The Festival of Britain in 1951 and ended the decade rather ignominiously reborn as a test bed.Also on the platform with it on the South Bank were newly constructed Britannia 70004 of Golden Arrow fame and a new 1500v dc electric."O tempora,o whatever"....,

You never know 18000 may be a future purchase, but went for the British built one first. Also got unfortunately tempted by a Swindon Class 123 cross country dmu as John Hazleton won't be building mu's till towards the end of the year. I only went to the Silver Fox site as I wanted a Class 117 DMS conversion set, which I couldn't get from DC kits as their stuff is all in store. I haven't worked out yet how to explain a 4 car dmu coming in the post to swmbo-blame Charlie Petty

Archived