Jump to content

RevolutioN Trains Announce Ecofrets in OO Gauge


sc2016
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Philou said:

@Ben ACan I ask what RevolutioN's policy will be regarding UK-EU sales? Couple of things looking interesting ....

 

We still supply the EU! To be honest, it is a bit more work but it is no different to supplying non-UK or non-EU countries.

 

If you live in the EU and placed an order before 1/1/2021 then you will have been charged UK VAT which we will refund on despatch (assuming nothing changes between now and when we ship the product).

 

If you place an order for delivery to the EU from 1/1/2021 then no VAT should be included on your order (it will state explicitly if you are being charged VAT on the totals as there will be a separate line item for VAT).

 

Hope that helps! Any other queries please send them this way.

 

Best wishes Mike 

Edited by red death
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Just placed an order for all 4 twin packs of the VTG green EcoFrets. Decorated samples are now on the Revolution news page and I have to say they look superb! Hence me placing an order :senile: Will certainly look fantastic being hauled by a number of different, well detailed locos available from various manufacturers out there. 
 

http://www.revolutiontrains.com/primary-colours-red-green-blue-ecofrets/

Edited by Shoey
Add link
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, newbryford said:

Is there an order book close date yet?

(Just budgeting for other stuff coming soon)

 

Ta.

 

Hi Mick,

 

Fair enough.  I reckon it'll be about 4-6 weeks from now.

 

For context: Closing the order book is a balance between giving everyone as much time to order at the lower price as possible, while getting on with making the models for those who committed early doors and helped the project reach viability.

 

cheers

 

Ben A.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 13/01/2021 at 17:38, Ben A said:

Hello Samuel,

 

Only the VTG version has been received.  The markings on the others are identical, give or take.  We've had painted decks only of the green and red ones, just to check colours.

 

cheers

 

Ben A.

@Ben ASorry for the very late reply back to you i sought that i replied back but evidently i haven't. Thanks for answering my question very quickly and i now see that you have received the completed set of samples which i must say they look very nice but the trouble I've got is which ones to have.

 

Thanks,

Samuel.

Edited by sc2016
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, sc2016 said:

<snipped> ...they look very nice but the trouble I've got is which ones to have.

 

Thanks,

Samuel.

 

Hi Samuel,

 

There is information including consists, prototype photos and a route map on the news page of our website that might help you choose!

 

cheers

 

Ben A.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 05/04/2021 at 19:51, Ben A said:

 

Hi Samuel,

 

There is information including consists, prototype photos and a route map on the news page of our website that might help you choose!

 

cheers

 

Ben A.

Hi @Ben A,

 

The information provided does help but as i try to buy items that have been in or near Cornwall it is harder to work out which ones to get as they don't go near in real life but i do buy other items that don't meet that exact criteria. Also i like to get different types of the same type of wagon for example i have got 2 different DRS intermodal flats.

 

I have also noticed that under one of the articles about the Ecofrets it says that there are 232 in service and 84 on order and i was wondering if anybody know the breakdown of how many are in service/ on order with each operator/ Lease Company? As i think that DB got 2 & Freightliner got 128.

 

Thanks,

Samuel.

 

Edited by sc2016
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ben A slightly off topic but would, you think about doing more types of DB/EWS intermodal wagons such as FXA or FKA wagon? As these would compliment the DB FWA'S. Just wondering no pressure or commitment required...

Edited by XChris
Auto correct had changed an abbreviation.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, XChris said:

@Ben A slightly off topic but would, you think about doing more types of DB/EWS intermodal wagons such as FXA or FWA wagon? As these would compliment the DB FWA'S. Just wondering no pressure or commitment required...

 

Hi there,

 

FWA is the TOPS code for the Ecofrets.  We have no plans to offer the FCA/FQA/FXA family in 4mm, though I appreciate they would be a useful addition.

 

cheers

 

Ben A.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Ben A said:

 

Hi there,

 

FWA is the TOPS code for the Ecofrets.  We have no plans to offer the FCA/FQA/FXA family in 4mm, though I appreciate they would be a useful addition.

 

cheers

 

Ben A.

 

Hi Ben, sorry autocorrect changed FKA to FWA. Okay good to know, Thanks for the quick answer!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, njee20 said:

FKAs are the big hole I think. I’ve got the basics of the CAD for a 3D print, so that should ensure someone produces them! 

 

Massive gap in terms of EWS/DB intermodal trains, we go from the Bachmann FIA wagon and then nothing till Revolution who are now doing the FWA's. Rather surprised Dapol haven't done it seen as the IKA is of a similar design.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say the FAA & FCA flats are more of a hole in the EWS/DB specific container wagon line up, having been in use for over 20 years now. Dapol do the IKA, given an EWS paintjob would be a passable (if not accurate) representation of an FKA.

 

Certainly surprised the FAA's haven't been done. Good use for space starved modellers as just one wagon can be a realistic train. The FCA's have now stated to appear on departmental services with drop-side mesh 'containers' on them, giving more options.

 

Getting back on topic, the FWA's are certainly stacking up to be an excellent model. Will be putting an order in for 4 of the VTG Green sets in a few weeks on payday, don't want to miss the order deadline!

 

Andy.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 30/05/2021 at 22:58, sc2016 said:

I have also noticed that under one of the articles about the Ecofrets it says that there are 232 in service and 84 on order and i was wondering if anybody know the breakdown of how many are in service/ on order with each operator/ Lease Company? As i think that DB got 2 & Freightliner got 128.

 

Thanks,

Samuel.

 

If anybody knows the answer to the above question i asked earlier this week i would be most grateful.

 

Thanks,

Samuel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 02/06/2021 at 23:09, sc2016 said:

If anybody knows the answer to the above question i asked earlier this week i would be most grateful.

 

Thanks,

Samuel.

I am quite a modelling fan of GBRf, they originally took on 18 triples...then a year later 15 more triples. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 09/06/2021 at 11:36, 159220 said:

I am quite a modelling fan of GBRf, they originally took on 18 triples...then a year later 15 more triples. 

According to my notes from 2 years ago Frieghtliner have 65 pairs, DB have 2 triplets and GBRF had* 32 triplets but I understand they have a lot more on order.

I haven't been spotting on a while so I'm working from an old wagon book. 

I believe the closest any would get to Cornwall would be the FL pairs working into Cardiff Wentloog and Bristol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, RP82 said:

According to my notes from 2 years ago Frieghtliner have 65 pairs, DB have 2 triplets and GBRF had* 32 triplets but I understand they have a lot more on order.

I haven't been spotting on a while so I'm working from an old wagon book. 

I believe the closest any would get to Cornwall would be the FL pairs working into Cardiff Wentloog and Bristol.

Freightliner doesn't have a Bristol terminal any more: the traffic was transferred to Wentloog a while ago.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...