westerhamstation

Eerr???

...   DCC.....    :notme:

Digital Command Control????...   

..............................    :laugh:     .............................    :scared:   ..........................      :swoon:

.....   You do know that it isn't that electronic gadget you found in the last Washing Machine box you scrounged  building materiel consignment, you ordered??

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi Julian, should be easy only two wires which I can cut off of the washing machine, and a bit of a control panel from the oven, a few flashing lights from the Christmas Tree and we are all set. All the best Adrian.

1162057474_controlpanel.JPG.4f972978fd06d28b62ea7373856a7cfc.JPG1162057474_controlpanel.JPG.4f972978fd06d28b62ea7373856a7cfc.JPG

1162057474_controlpanel.JPG.4f972978fd06d28b62ea7373856a7cfc.JPG

Edited by westerhamstation
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 12

• 1 month later...
  • westerhamstation changed the title to Westerham, the case of the missing suitcase

The Vicar of Westerham, St Mary, CofE was complaining about the previous Altar Boy, {aka Server} who had a habit of dropping pictures out of his pockets, whist on duty.  Apparently many were of a rather Steamy and Dirty oiled up personal nature.  Last seen being given a talking to by the MoD Police and told to get orf 'ome.  It might be a clue as to where your pictures have gone.

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 1
  • Funny 7

• westerhamstation changed the title to Westerham, a few missing pictures have been handed in.
5 hours ago, westerhamstation said:

The other day some kind soul handed these pictures in to Westerham Station, he said that they were just blowing about in the air and had landed at his feet in his garden. All the best Adrian.

1.JPG.a02a00922172dd2a184e2e7508a2ade4.JPG

2.JPG.94916a73722eb1615137917b3b85d5b5.JPG

3.JPG.c4309d90bbbbf459a231b101a9ea0e0c.JPG

4.JPG.dcdbc57e5acccdce8242c9fef6e90af7.JPG

5.JPG.4d473183e07941431dc7fc1b7d40ca29.JPG

6.JPG.c83ad6fe0d79b73922e5b0abd0c297e2.JPG

7.JPG.c0cdcdd4f022fa15d7988ea7fe36ba7d.JPG

9.jpg.69daffa2c14a1efb69a24ff563f3dbc9.jpg

10.JPG.ef3a12c5b1b342f5f6c78431b8c2a587.JPG

11.jpg.462f2e3ab703bb58e18f7b6a00d9c48c.jpg

12.jpg.0cf3a4805a136900b4759a4a95635a89.jpg

That really looks the business, well done.

Ray

5 hours ago, westerhamstation said:

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• westerhamstation changed the title to Westerham, Ewer Street just a memory
  • RMweb Gold

I understand your reasons Adrian, but like Grahame says, Aaaargh!

It was some great modelling, really captured the feel of the place.

Looking forward to more.

Al.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

You nearly got a round of applause there Adrian. It takes nerve to destroy in minutes what took years to make. 

However, now that you have taken the plunge, I'd imagine it feels like the parting of the clouds and no doubt we're all excited to see what the sunshine will bring.

Make sure that chainsaw's sharp.

Regards Shaun.    

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, my plan was to be as careful as I could be when taking it apart, I would put things into boxes and neatly stack the timber for reuse, but a several cans of beer into the project and you can judge for yourselves how that plan worked out. All the best Adrian.

Edited by westerhamstation
  • Like 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, westerhamstation said:

Hi, my plan was to be as careful as I could be when taking it apart, I would put tings into boxes and neatly stack the timber for reuse, but a several cans of beer into the project and you can judge for yourselves how that plan worked out. All the best Adrian.

Are! Dutch courage!! Must have been some blooming good beer.

Regards Shaun

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Are! Dutch courage!! Must have been some blooming good beer.

Regards Shaun

Hi Shaun, it was blooming good beer, Shepherd and Neames Bishops Finger 5% abv (other beers are available) it loosens any glued down buildings very quickly. All the best Adrian.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Well done, Adrian. 

A huge leap of faith but if you're not happy then it simply makes sense to start again. 

Rob

• Like 2
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

Although it all looks a bit drastic Adrian I'm sure the new build will look every bit as good as Ewer St. I'm looking forward to the new developments 👍

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, sb67 said:

Although it all looks a bit drastic Adrian I'm sure the new build will look every bit as good as Ewer St. I'm looking forward to the new developments 👍

Indeed. But I had to look at those photos through my fingers. . . . . 

I'm sure you have something in mind, but Hawkhurst has always seemed to me a wonderful station to model. One of those stations that is some distance from the village it serves and a very similar architectural style to Westerham. With an Engine Shed as well. . . . 

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=18&lat=51.06315&lon=0.50503&layers=168&b=1

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Fishplate said:

Indeed. But I had to look at those photos through my fingers. . . . . 

I'm sure you have something in mind, but Hawkhurst has always seemed to me a wonderful station to model. One of those stations that is some distance from the village it serves and a very similar architectural style to Westerham. With an Engine Shed as well. . . . 

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=18&lat=51.06315&lon=0.50503&layers=168&b=1

Hi Fishplate, thank you for the Hawkhurst link that will be most useful,that is the sort of setting that I have been thinking about, with a element of Sandling Junction thrown into the mix. http://disused-stations.org.uk/s/sandling_junction/index.shtml

Hop fields, and chalk downlands are in my mind at the moment but we shall see what develops. All the best Adrian.

• Like 6