acg5324

• RMweb Premium

Plenty of things happening on the layout, I’ll get some photos taken tomorrow. Garden walls made, flock laid down, Addison Gardens ( North end fiddle yard entrance ) bridge now fitted. Bushes etc added along the back of the retaining walls at the south end of the station. Holes drilled to fit the Urban soundscape speaker and also an arc welding kit in the Olympia Motors building. Some ballasting to finish tomorrow along with a walkway to the North Main SB. 
Layout looks a tip at present as glue, paint, bags of Woodland Scenics stuff littering it. I’ll have a tidy up and a Hoover before photos!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Some photos of the layout in the garage, mainly from angles you can’t normally see when it’s in its room.

30354EAB-15AD-470C-88E7-6A6606015FCE.jpeg
Looking north towards Hammersmith Rd and Olympia.

ECB742A3-352B-4C82-ABAE-CD5208EF549A.jpeg

The electricity sub station.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 18
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

55159F2C-AB5C-466F-9BA2-4B080EBC8C37.jpeg
North end of the station, garden walls and lawns added.

5305B352-5AC3-4659-9999-03D95F6B5E1A.jpeg

Looking back towards the station.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

B5F6C18D-D8B1-4476-956D-6A7C96215295.jpeg
Addison Gardens bridge, this is now fixed down apart from the deck which needs finishing.

94130353-A1D6-453D-9B51-876FD52D046F.jpeg
Fresh ballast to surround the North Main signal box.

Olympia Motors will gain a working arc welder and then it’s roof, prior to being fixed down.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium

….and finally for tonight the Engine Carrier now has both tool boxes. Once painted there’s are some very small decals to make.

0CD36473-E36B-40EA-B175-B5D19494824C.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

Feast and famine ….or rather famine and feast with n gauge currently. Lots of long awaited releases arrived at work including class 08s, class 37s, class 101s class 319/769s and some BR standard brake vans.

I picked up my class 101 and happy to report it’s a power twin set so I can insert a centre car without having to alter a DTS chassis as it’s a DMS!

Cars M53318 and M53328 for those that like to know.

FA60B25B-3DA1-4522-B931-C1C2DA1EBD93.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Yesterday was a Yorkshire Area NGS meeting. I took various things to do with me….including ending the Zombie Apocalypse…….The layout now has people! I took the baseboard that has Charles House and Kensington High Street on it, plus all the buildings.

The previous night I’d fitted some Chooch Enterprises cobble stone sheets, these are self adhesive, but they didn’t stick so these were refitted with good ‘ole Evostick. Footprints for more more buildings are cut out as well.

Over 100 little people were glued down and they make a big improvement…….just need about 100 more on that one board!

Pictures to follow as I left my phone at home!

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Some more greenery at the north end of the layout and the new cobblestones that replace the Metcalfe ones.

5381AE8E-BDDB-4ADD-9C1E-7941ACA5725B.jpeg

8870F8ED-58EE-42E6-A441-94DDB7FF5B82.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, Ian Morgan said:

'NO ETNRY'? Was that a genuine road marking error of the time?

I spotted that as well and was going to mention it, you beat me to it 😆

But other than that, it's looking great Andy.

Would love to see it in the flesh sometime.

I might meet up with you in the shop one day when I'm at my daughters in Strensall.

Regards

Neal.

Edited by Calnefoxile
Extra words
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Ian Morgan said:

Done as a deliberate typo…..glad someone….or two spotted it

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Calnefoxile said:

I spotted that as well and was going to mention it, you beat me to it 😆

But other than that, it's looking great Andy.

Would love to see it in the flesh sometime.

I might meet up with you in the shop one day when I'm at my daughters in Strensall.

Regards

Neal.

No problem…it’s only just down the road from Strensall. I only do a couple of days at MBMS, which vary……but more often than not Wednesdays and Thursdays……I’m the one with the Southern accent!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Ian Morgan said:

I bet if you search long enough you will find the prototype for that somewhere.

'NO ENRY' certainly comes up, along with loads of other mistakes...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

More progress getting the out of reach things done. The rest of the pavements and roads have been fitted, some gutter drains too. I managed to damage some fencing after leaning over it, so this has been removed and scrub will replace it.

Not much worth photographing but I’ll get some more images on later.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 1

On 26/06/2022 at 08:38, acg5324 said:

Yesterday was a Yorkshire Area NGS meeting. I took various things to do with me….including ending the Zombie Apocalypse…….The layout now has people! I took the baseboard that has Charles House and Kensington High Street on it, plus all the buildings.

The previous night I’d fitted some Chooch Enterprises cobble stone sheets, these are self adhesive, but they didn’t stick so these were refitted with good ‘ole Evostick. Footprints for more more buildings are cut out as well.

Over 100 little people were glued down and they make a big improvement…….just need about 100 more on that one board!

Pictures to follow as I left my phone at home!

Will have to visit the NGS group in York now that I gave joined up with NGS. Will get over after the summer hols. Be good to meet up with another Southern softie who saw the light and moved to Yorkshire! 😃😂

Could do with opinions, advice and ideas too on the layout I re-homed recently, instead of letting it go for scrap! 😃

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, EuroMST said:

Will have to visit the NGS group in York now that I gave joined up with NGS. Will get over after the summer hols. Be good to meet up with another Southern softie who saw the light and moved to Yorkshire! 😃😂

Could do with opinions, advice and ideas too on the layout I re-homed recently, instead of letting it go for scrap! 😃

Worth the visit, they are a friendly bunch with a wealth of knowledge, easy and free parking too! Plus there will be T-Trax on the go too.

Meeting dates…

https://yagngs.wixsite.com/yorkshire-area-group/diary

• Like 1

3 hours ago, acg5324 said:

Worth the visit, they are a friendly bunch with a wealth of knowledge, easy and free parking too! Plus there will be T-Trax on the go too.

Meeting dates…

https://yagngs.wixsite.com/yorkshire-area-group/diary

Damn,

Weekends either side of my trip to Daughters house this weekend.....

Aahh well next time maybe.

Cheers

Neal.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Calnefoxile said:

The Yorkshire Area Group usually meet on the second and fourth Saturdays each month, but often move to avoid bank-holidays (like August!). T-TRAK modules bought via Train-Trax can usually be collected from meetings by prior arrangement if you want to save on postage.

Steven B.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Calnefoxile said:

Damn,

Cheers

Neal.

I’m about Saturday morning and probably all day Sunday if you want to visit, let me know via a PM. Olympia is still set up in the garage. 

• RMweb Premium

Quite a lot done on the layout scenery front this week. More people attached too. Found a broken tie bar on one of the fiddle yard points…..I’ll have to move the point motor over to the other side as it’s the hole the actuating rod fits into that has broken, very odd.

A good start has been made on the gardens that back on to the Motorail terminal.

7BDB43CE-F7B9-44A0-A8B1-0E82D21E0E83.jpeg

82ACDF36-22AC-4A4D-963F-D9F12D5B8AA1.jpeg

Back gardens and the pavements have also been added to the north end of the layout.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 12