66779 then Bachmann ?

ronnie thommo

Two observations...

What a ridiculous livery for a modern American-built loco - I get why it's been done, but imho it just looks comical.

The bell - ffs... why???

If this is the last Class 66, I guess that is actually something to celebrate.

Edit: OK... I suppose that was three observations...

Edited by Pete 75C

Yes you're right it has been removed from their website, it was there yesterday.

Maybe it's been withdrawn based on the fact it doesn't look anything like the bell on the prototype or maybe it's just a glitch on their website and will return in due course.

Hi, 

All our evening stars and our supply of bells have sold out. We are trying to source more bells and if successful we will relist on the website. 

Oliver

Two observations...

What a ridiculous livery for a modern American-built loco - I get why it's been done, but imho it just looks comical.

The bell - ffs... why???

I don’t mind the class 66, it was needed I guess. Can’t see Tesco, Asda, etc wanting to have put their perishables behind a 40 year old 47.

However I’m kind of with you on the livery. When they did 60081 in green it was a British built loco and had some connection to the green therefore.

This machine is to me like a Tesla painted in Ford modelT black.....

However ( revisited ), I’m impressed and surprised by the interest it has provoked especially amongst the younger modellers, and this is especially clear on some of the Facebook modelling pages I have which seem to attract the whippersnappers more than RMweb these days.

• Like 1

Two observations...

The bell - ffs... why???

In the flesh the model looks superb and looks just right but yes it won't be to everyone's taste which is fair enough.

I’m impressed and surprised by the interest it has provoked especially amongst the younger modellers, and this is especially clear on some of the Facebook modelling pages I have which seem to attract the whippersnappers more than RMweb these days.

I agree - and that is, of course, a good thing. The teens and twenty-somethings won't be getting all nostalgic and hiding behind their rose-tinted specs for twenty to thirty-odd years yet. The thought of getting all "nostalgic" for things like the current Colas livery and Asda/Tesco trainload freight is mind-boggling but it will happen.

• Like 1

I did. Thanks for letting me know. Looking out for a second one at a good price for a friend though.

This is your post to me a few days ago now.

bart2day, on 11 Feb 2018 - 01:44, said:snapback.png

Care to share the names of the retailers who are selling it at any less than £135.99? I'm guessing not, as they don't exist.

Would you care to publicly admit that you were wrong and that in fact I was telling the truth?

• Like 1

I bought one from Peter's Spares for £144.00 (4 left in stcok as of this afternoon). If I consider not having to pay postage, then not a great price difference to the big boys and I prefer to support my local shop when I can.

As posted elsewhere, I am not convinced by the aftersales bell. It looks too big and sticks out too far in my opinion. It should look like this.

post-9992-0-17174100-1518814390.jpg

post-9992-0-12496700-1518814540_thumb.jpgpost-9992-0-79107700-1518814557_thumb.jpg

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 1

Only so much as Olympic figure skating

If you want to set the bar that low, why not add synchro-swimming? I've never understood the point of that either. Or equestrianism, where the horse does all the work, and some other gets the medal.

Hopefully this is more accurate in shape and dimensions.

post-27484-0-27250000-1518855764_thumb.jpg

Height from the bottom of the bell to the top of the mount is 3.0mm. Height of the bell is 2.8mm. Length from the tip of the bell to the tip of the mount is 3.5mm. As small as it can get for 3D printing standards. I uploaded it to Shapeways to check and it passed the tests for FUD and FXD. 

Cost wise for a pair it's FUD $4.54 (£3.24) and FXD $4.56 (£3.25) and I think Shapeways offers a flat shipping cost of $4.99 (£3.56).

Edited by MGR Hooper!

• RMweb Gold

Or equestrianism, where the horse does all the work, and some other ###### gets the medal.

Because training a horse - not the brightest of beasts - for a discipline like 3-day Eventing is an achievement. Not only must dobbin be capable of running and jumping carefully, but also do the implausibly elegant (and boring to most of us) and extremely strict manoeuvres of dressage. 

Hopefully this is more accurate in shape and dimensions.

attachicon.gifClass 66 Bell.jpg

Height from the bottom of the bell to the top of the mount is 3.0mm. Height of the bell is 2.8mm. Length from the tip of the bell to the tip of the mount is 3.5mm. As small as it can get for 3D printing standards. I uploaded it to Shapeways to check and it passed the tests for FUD and FXD. 

Cost wise for a pair it's FUD $4.54 (£3.24) and FXD $4.56 (£3.25) and I think Shapeways offers a flat shipping cost of $4.99 (£3.56).

Also I must add here, if you're not happy with the result then Shapeways will refund you. If anyone wants replacement air-pipes etc. let me know I can draw up two pairs pair.

I have listed the dimensions in the image below, if anyone has any feedback regarding those please message me, I'll be happy to adjust and improve the CAD.

post-27484-0-86886500-1518863563_thumb.jpg

Edited by MGR Hooper!

Because training a horse - not the brightest of beasts - for a discipline like 3-day Eventing is an achievement. Not only must dobbin be capable of running and jumping carefully, but also do the implausibly elegant (and boring to most of us) and extremely strict manoeuvres of dressage. 

I think you have missed the point which was the horse does all the work but its the human who gets the medal.

• RMweb Premium

There’s some other interesting bits on your site as well. But where do you ship from? I ask because your location says Dubai and anything coming from outside the EU to Portugal that is not flat and so a card or letter gets stopped by customs and you end up with a lot of hassle with documents and paying through the nose to get the stuff.

• RMweb Gold

There’s some other interesting bits on your site as well. But where do you ship from? I ask because your location says Dubai and anything coming from outside the EU to Portugal that is not flat and so a card or letter gets stopped by customs and you end up with a lot of hassle with documents and paying through the nose to get the stuff.

The items are made on 3D printers operated by Shapeways - somewhere in Europe I think. Shapeways “host and print” people’s designs. The item won’t actually be shipped by the designer from wherever they are.

Cheers

Darius

• RMweb Premium

Using Shapeways, you can combine an order to include other people's designs as well.

It may take a bit of searching to find other designer's stuff, but Simon Paley and Cal.n of this forum have useful bits.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Gold

They're currently coming from Eindhoven in the Netherlands for EU residents.

Hello brushman47544,

The general rule of thumb by Shapeways is anything in the Eastern hemisphere will be done by their Eidenhoven facility and anything in Western will by done in their New York facility. However things like workload could affect the factory allotted.

Whatever you purchase from Shapeways will be shipped in a box 8 times bigger with the world's supplies of bubble wrap.