Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

One thing I will ask Hattons, please PLEASE don’t have any ‘factory weathered’ options for any of these 66’s. Keep them all pristine and leave it down to the owner to fit any name plates and apply weathering if they so wish.

• Agree 1

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but just had a very quick glance at a model rail database and it appears that none of the Hatton's versions are going to be duplicates of the Bachmann one's,either past or present, except for 66705 GBRf Golden Jubilee (which goes for nonsense prices on auction sites).

This allows everyone to keep their Bachmann versions and then add the Hatton's ones without worrying about discarding/selling anything if they so wish. The Bachmann version is still a good model but now will be superseeded so maybe it has been factored in that most people would keep their Bachmann versions which would otherwise have been risky for Hatton's to then repeat those numbers.

Taking that theory forward, as Hatton's now have the rights for 66789, maybe Bachmann will do Biffa as a Limited. Some have alluded on here that Biffa was in the pipeline so do Bachmann already have exclusivity or was it Hatton's who landed permission and will announce in due course?

Furthermore, would Hatton's upgrade any of the previous "special one offs" like Evening Star?.....Doubt it, unless they want to redesign the bell !! Of course could be completely wrong but would be interesting to hear opinions. :dontknow:

It is a really big project and looks like it is off to a great start looking at the CAD the spec of the model and indeed the dates listed for release. Maybe in the course of time other big projects will be looked at e.g. Class 37 or 47

We need a Barbie coloured version so they can do limited footballer locos. A run in the correct colours, then different numbers and the nameplates. 

And how about a special pack of a pair of brown locos and RHTT wagons.

for the LL version. Must resist.

• RMweb Gold

Ha ha, me too!

Godammit, my response to the initial announcement was "Wow, great move, but I'll wait and see, probably get some Freightliner ones in due course" and then this is announced just as I'm trying to cut down on model train spending

post-28458-0-05285900-1525963998_thumb.j

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop buying trains...

lloyd.jpg

• Like 2

As Bachmann have done 66 405 & 66 412 in Malcolm logistics livery, can Hattons PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE do 66 434 in Malcolm Logistics colours.

attachicon.gifTrainAndTruck2sml.jpg

I agree about 66434...I was actually looking at whether I could model this yesterday and I think it’d be a great model. It only ran in this guise for a limited time though (2 and a bit years), but it got around and worked various freight flows such as nuclear/departmental/intermodal. Not sure how well it’d sell but I’d definitely get one if it was announced.

Jack.

• RMweb Premium

Hattons Dave, 

Please could you clarify something?

On the first page where the 66s were announced, in the first table item H4-66-005 is 66040 in EWS livery but on the second table the same item is 66088 in EWS livery with DB branding. 

So are you producing 040 or 088? 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Edited by DRS Crewe On A Mission

Would the Biffa livery not be a good place to start with some basic painting and decaling? If its not made ready to run straight outta the box?

Interesting that 66783 has the ex Bromsgrove banker coupler light and air operated cut lever. Easily identifies it as 66055-66058 - think it was 66056. Wonder if that will be included in whoever does "Biffa"

• RMweb Gold

Interesting that 66783 has the ex Bromsgrove banker coupler light and air operated cut lever. Easily identifies it as 66055-66058 - think it was 66056. Wonder if that will be included in whoever does "Biffa"

What would be the chances of a own brand class 66 in O gauge?

Maybe not numbered or in the same scale of releases as the 00 gauge models, but unnumbered in the core liveries to start with ?

You’d be better off asking Heljan , they have “ form “in that area