Sale of the Century from Hattons

Hattons Dave

Two interesting things in the Hornby Diesel offerings; they can't shift that Warship (now £35) no matter what, and the recently introduced Railroad Class 59 is being given a shove too.

But I'm strongly resisting Adderly Hall, even though you can't have too many Halls!  And perhaps that Railroad Class 31 in Engineers Dutch too....

Must resist, must resist, must.............   :scared:

I think a lot of items were stockpiled by other retailers (e.g. Olivia's) and are now getting Hatton's to shift them, for example how do you suddenly have >10 Hornby R3344 NR Class 31's considering they were sold out a while ago plus there are few other modern image diesel loco's that caught my eye that are now back on the market in big numbers in this sale.

• RMweb Premium

'Sale of the century' is quite a promise, it also has to include a commitment that future sales will not be as good. For the next 81 years anyway.

Depends which century they mean... The 2000s, the century up until now, the century starting yesterday! Either way, I’m sure there are bargains and the marketing is good

I think you just piped me to that one as it went out of stock very quick I did pick up a Colas 37 so not a bad day

They still have 8 in stock but only shows up on their new website, the old website for whatever reason shows sold out which nearly caught me out yesterday thus I ordered from their new website and it's been processed, link below for you to purchase.

https://hattonshobbies.com/products/class-31-31285-in-network-rail-livery?variant=12516679286878

• RMweb Gold

They still have 8 in stock but only shows up on their new website, the old website for whatever reason shows sold out which nearly caught me out yesterday thus I ordered from their new website and it's been processed, link below for you to purchase.

https://hattonshobbies.com/products/class-31-31285-in-network-rail-livery?variant=12516679286878

Afternoon all.

Very well spotted! I've fixed this now so you can purchase that item from either the current or the new site, whichever you prefer. Link below:

https://www.hattons.co.uk/98075/Hornby_R3344_Class_31_31285_in_Network_Rail_livery/StockDetail.aspx

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dave

• RMweb Gold

I think it shows just how hard it is for the RTR manufacturers to sell more to existing modellers when despite the vast range of items here there is very little I could justify without either starting a new collection ( ie a different era , guage or region) or duplicating items I already have. Most of my modelling budget now and for the forsseable seems to be heading for the 'aftermarket' - Brassmasters, Wizard Models various DCC sound suppliers.

Only incoming 'must have' is Bachmanns V2 whenever that arrives.

I have bought a few things that I have been meaning to for a while, but am sorely tempted by several good deals on locos that I don't 'need'! K1s, Adams Radials and Drummond 700s at incredible prices. The variation in price between the same classes is interesting, I guess based on how much stock of each is left?

I have also noted that Fenchurch in O guage is now cheaper DCC fitted than DCC ready.

'Sale of the century' is quite a promise, it also has to include a commitment that future sales will not be as good. For the next 81 years anyway.

oh I don't know - I heard today that collectively North Sea oil platforms have been impacted by "100 year waves" on 18 different occasions in last 30 years!

• Like 1

It's like they know that I'm just about to start laying the track on an O gauge garden railway and have fancied a Jinty for quite some time to run on it. I'm just glad that I hadn't succumbed and bought one the other week as I can quite understand how anyone who had would be somewhat miffed now.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Interesting that there are no Q6's on sale. Making me think that these have been good sellers and that this would be evidence of it.

LNER livery is still available in the ordinary bargains list at £109 against rrp of £160.

Rails have LNER and a few Early BR available at £99.50 if you want one.

• RMweb Gold

You have to laugh at the 'Sale of the Century' - stock that won't shift including LE stuff fro Olivia's :-)

Judging by this thread, a lot of it IS shifting. And if it doesnt, it will get reduced further, I'm sure.