rails of sheffield

david heath

I've just moved all my pre-ordered to Rails Of Sheffield also. Prices were cheaper and hence the shift.

Yes, guess its the circle of life or something. Have been buying from Rails for 25 yrs, but they often used to play second fiddle to the mob over the Pennines. However they now seem to be more competitive (price) and reliable (delivery) and I'm buying more and more from them. These days they are far more competent at getting shipments out to me here in southern Tasmania. Their postage is sometimes 1-2 GBP more than the Widnes option but hey, I'll pay that to get the item shipped out the same day. The bargain section prices are also way better than the competition too.

Oh how the world turns.

• Like 1

Hi Guys

I have ordered the Bachmann birdcage coaches at 12:30 today and expected them to be posted today as that's what other company's do post same day before one hopefully it will be sent out tommorow.

Thanks

Alan

Are you being serious?

Half/ most of the staff would have been at Warley (you know, that little show they have up/down Birmingham way) over the weekend and after the show they would have had to pack everything up, transport it back to Sheffield and unpack the van (they wouldnt leave it in the van due to insurance reasons) but probably just dumped the boxes to be sorted later/ Monday, maybe some have had a day off today (you dont mind them having a day off do you as they have been working all weekend?) and the rest would have had to unpack the Warley stock, check it all back in and store it properly, then they would have had to catch up with all the orders received over the weekend, but you still expect items to be picked, packed and posted within a few hours of ordering on Monday!

I made an order very late on Saturday night (it might actually have been the early hours of Sunday morning) and received an email today at 1428 stating the order is on its way, I class that as fantastic service.

Edited by royaloak

• 4 weeks later...

By interesting do you mean less than when they were in the Advent Calendar offer only days before?

I believe  so  I did not pay  much attention  to  the  Advent   Calendar so  you  will have  to  check  for yourself  and  inform  the  masses!

• RMweb Premium

Hardly unusual, a look around the web shows plenty of retailers of clothes to carpets with stuff a lot cheaper now than in the run up to Christmas. Toaday you even had retailers like Debenhams having reductions for online purchases, but on sale at higher price in stores - simply because by purchasing in store you can walk away with your purchase before Christmas while online stuff  obviously wouldn't arrive till after the big day.

Edited by phil-b259

By interesting do you mean less than when they were in the Advent Calendar offer only days before?

Nope. I believe they are all the same prices as they were previously. Example - The Railway Children set was £10 less in the Advent Calendar.

I've had my eye on a couple of items and been watching the prices to see if they drop further. But I'll probably crack and buy them anyway. ;)

EDIT: It does seem that there are a few items that have gone down in price.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport

• 2 weeks later...

post-31247-0-98003500-1515487796_thumb.jpg

2018 RANGE COMPETITION

WIN £500.00 WORTH OF RAILS VOUCHERS.
To enter simply purchase one of the new 2018 catalogues and pre-order at least one item from any of the new ranges by 28/02/18. (Winner announced 01/03/18)

Edited by Oliver Rails

I'm predisposed to ordering from you because of excellent service in the past.

When do you expect to have prices on Hornby 2018. Many are appearing TBA

Thank you, I am pleased you rate our service as excellent.

Prices will follow in the next few days, be assured they will be very competitive....plus the excellent service is free :good: 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Not strictly Rails related but I couldn't help thinking when I saw the post above "Eight Quid?!  For a catalogue to show me what the want me to spend my money on?!"

• 2 weeks later...

I placed my first order with rails at new year - service was excellent - fast dispatch and well packed item at a very good price.  Will certainly buy from them again online.  Will also try to visit shop at some point.  I have also bought used goods from their ebay shop  -  same great service.

Driving me up the wall, Rails-of-Sheffield.

I've lost count of the times I've contacted them on ebay to let them know they've ONCE AGAIN flooded the O-Gauge pages with OO gauge stuff.

There again tonight.........

• RMweb Premium

Driving me up the wall, Rails-of-Sheffield.

I've lost count of the times I've contacted them on ebay to let them know they've ONCE AGAIN flooded the O-Gauge pages with OO gauge stuff.

There again tonight.........

EBay sellers who can't tell the difference between N, OO and O have resulted in some of the best bargains I have won!

EBay sellers who can't tell the difference between N, OO and O have resulted in some of the best bargains I have won!

Have  to  agree  must  add  I like   eBay  sellers  including  retailers  who  don't  bother  to  ascertain  if  a loco  has  a  sound  decoder  fitted!!! :O 

Not strictly Rails related but I couldn't help thinking when I saw the post above "Eight Quid?!  For a catalogue to show me what the want me to spend my money on?!"

I'm pretty sure that when I were a lad catalogues were free...on the basis that they were advertising exactly what you say.

Given that pretty much all, and more, is now available on the interwebz, i certainly would not pay so much for advertising.

Edited by truffy