Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Posted Image What was your favourite model of 2017? Cast your vote

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

rails of sheffield

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#201 Oliver Rails

Oliver Rails

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:23

Hi, Thanks for all for your recent feedback, It means a lot to see that the hard work we put it gets noted and appreciated. 

Look forward to dealing with you again soon!

Thanks
Oliver @ Rails

• Friendly/Supportive x 2
  • Like x 2

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#202 MGR Hooper!

MGR Hooper!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationDubai, U.A.E.

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:18

I've just moved all my pre-ordered to Rails Of Sheffield also. Prices were cheaper and hence the shift.
  • Like x 2
  • Thanks x 1
  • Agree x 1

#203 amdaley

amdaley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,347 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ireland

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:20

Only ever had excellent service from Rails. 1st class to deal with
  • Agree x 5
  • Thanks x 1

#204 Johnfromoz

Johnfromoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:13

I've just moved all my pre-ordered to Rails Of Sheffield also. Prices were cheaper and hence the shift.

Yes, guess its the circle of life or something. Have been buying from Rails for 25 yrs, but they often used to play second fiddle to the mob over the Pennines. However they now seem to be more competitive (price) and reliable (delivery) and I'm buying more and more from them. These days they are far more competent at getting shipments out to me here in southern Tasmania. Their postage is sometimes 1-2 GBP more than the Widnes option but hey, I'll pay that to get the item shipped out the same day. The bargain section prices are also way better than the competition too.

Oh how the world turns.
  • Like x 2
  • Thanks x 1
  • Informative/Useful x 1

#205 dpgibbons

dpgibbons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 23:42

For non-EU buyers, bear in mind that Hattons deduct VAT from their pre-owned prices whereas Rails do not.

#206 waggy

waggy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:34

Just noticed Rails are to have a presence at The Warley Show later this month.What took you so long ? Haven't seen Rails at a show for over a decade

Also on the list of traders at York next Easter

• Informative/Useful x 1

#207 Andrew P

Andrew P

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25,205 posts
  • LocationSwadlincote Derbyshire

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:22

More excellent service from Rails, O Gauge Milk Tank on it's way.

Thanks you,

Andy.

#208 Thebigshot

Thebigshot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 22:20

Hi Guys

I have ordered the Bachmann birdcage coaches at 12:30 today and expected them to be posted today as that's what other company's do post same day before one hopefully it will be sent out tommorow.

Thanks
Alan
  • Funny x 1

#209 royaloak

royaloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationIn the front pushing buttons.

Posted 27 November 2017 - 23:14

Hi Guys

I have ordered the Bachmann birdcage coaches at 12:30 today and expected them to be posted today as that's what other company's do post same day before one hopefully it will be sent out tommorow.

Thanks
Alan

Are you being serious?

Half/ most of the staff would have been at Warley (you know, that little show they have up/down Birmingham way) over the weekend and after the show they would have had to pack everything up, transport it back to Sheffield and unpack the van (they wouldnt leave it in the van due to insurance reasons) but probably just dumped the boxes to be sorted later/ Monday, maybe some have had a day off today (you dont mind them having a day off do you as they have been working all weekend?) and the rest would have had to unpack the Warley stock, check it all back in and store it properly, then they would have had to catch up with all the orders received over the weekend, but you still expect items to be picked, packed and posted within a few hours of ordering on Monday!

I made an order very late on Saturday night (it might actually have been the early hours of Sunday morning) and received an email today at 1428 stating the order is on its way, I class that as fantastic service.

Edited by royaloak, 27 November 2017 - 23:20 .

• Agree x 8

#210 Stevelewis

Stevelewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,488 posts
  • LocationBUCKLEY NR MOLD North Wales

Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:22

Rails  January  sale  in  progress  some interesting  prices

#211 Gareth Collier

Gareth Collier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 11:47

Rails  January  sale  in  progress  some interesting  prices

By interesting do you mean less than when they were in the Advent Calendar offer only days before?

#212 Stevelewis

Stevelewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,488 posts
  • LocationBUCKLEY NR MOLD North Wales

Posted 24 December 2017 - 16:41

By interesting do you mean less than when they were in the Advent Calendar offer only days before?

I believe  so  I did not pay  much attention  to  the  Advent   Calendar so  you  will have  to  check  for yourself  and  inform  the  masses!

#213 phil-b259

phil-b259

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,621 posts
  • LocationBurgess Hill, UK

Posted 24 December 2017 - 17:00

Hardly unusual, a look around the web shows plenty of retailers of clothes to carpets with stuff a lot cheaper now than in the run up to Christmas. Toaday you even had retailers like Debenhams having reductions for online purchases, but on sale at higher price in stores - simply because by purchasing in store you can walk away with your purchase before Christmas while online stuff  obviously wouldn't arrive till after the big day.

Edited by phil-b259, 24 December 2017 - 17:01 .

#214 Steamport Southport

Steamport Southport

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Location27C

Posted 24 December 2017 - 17:08

Nope. I believe they are all the same prices as they were previously. Example - The Railway Children set was £10 less in the Advent Calendar.

I've had my eye on a couple of items and been watching the prices to see if they drop further. But I'll probably crack and buy them anyway. ;)

EDIT: It does seem that there are a few items that have gone down in price.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport, 24 December 2017 - 18:17 .

#215 Steamport Southport

Steamport Southport

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Location27C

Posted 29 December 2017 - 21:06

Excellent service as always.

I really appreciated the copy of Ramsay's Guide. Much more useful that I thought it would be.

Thanks, Jason.

#216 Oliver Rails

Oliver Rails

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:03

PRIZE DRAW.jpg

2018 RANGE COMPETITION

WIN £500.00 WORTH OF RAILS VOUCHERS.
To enter simply purchase one of the new 2018 catalogues and pre-order at least one item from any of the new ranges by 28/02/18. (Winner announced 01/03/18)

Edited by Oliver Rails, 09 January 2018 - 08:52 .

#217 Legend

Legend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:07

I'm predisposed to ordering from you because of excellent service in the past.

When do you expect to have prices on Hornby 2018. Many are appearing TBA

#218 Oliver Rails

Oliver Rails

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:19

I'm predisposed to ordering from you because of excellent service in the past.

When do you expect to have prices on Hornby 2018. Many are appearing TBA

Thank you, I am pleased you rate our service as excellent.

Prices will follow in the next few days, be assured they will be very competitive....plus the excellent service is free :good: 

#219 JDW

JDW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationAberdeen / Sheffield

Posted 08 January 2018 - 14:50

Not strictly Rails related but I couldn't help thinking when I saw the post above "Eight Quid?!  For a catalogue to show me what the want me to spend my money on?!"

#220 Unicorn1

Unicorn1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanterbury, Kent

Posted 18 January 2018 - 15:40

Just received my first order from Rails, some Romford coach wheels, very impressed with their service.

Les

• Like x 1

#221 Piggie

Piggie

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGrimsby, N E Lincs

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:53

I placed my first order with rails at new year - service was excellent - fast dispatch and well packed item at a very good price.  Will certainly buy from them again online.  Will also try to visit shop at some point.  I have also bought used goods from their ebay shop  -  same great service.

#222 goatdriver

goatdriver

Registered Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 19:18

Received an order from Rails yesterday, shipped to US by courier--order included 25 yards of flextrack--took only 11 days to arrive.   Best prices I could find and excellent service. 

• Thanks x 1