The International N Gauge Show

grahame

Tip: Head to the Dapol stand after 11 for some surprise news.

Something relating to this perhaps?

http://www.Dapol.co.uk/

I am puzzled by their use of the word "product". This suggests to me that it is some sort of accessory rather than a new loco (I could be wrong of course). Maybe it is the wire to go with their catenary. ;)

Certainly a lot of new announcements due;

* CJM to announce new loco

* NGS to annouince new RTR product

* Dapol to announce new product that will be available in 6 weeks

* no doubt and hopefully Farish will have something up their sleeves.

Should be well worth a visit...................

G.

• RMweb Gold

Hi gang , just back from setting duties at the show - a real good one to come ! The quality of layouts stunning and traders waiting to pounce. Bachmann have a selection of returns and bodies - loads of small wagons plus cabinets bulging with stuff. Dapol Dave very busy as well with a well stocked table outside the caravan sales unit in the hall. CJM unpacking 19.00 and stand well stocked.

N gauge lines and GEM - looked good stands - only connection a satisfied customer. 26 layouts and 35 traders and a cafe to die for.

Pauline/ Millfield models had a good stand.

Hedges Hill Cutting as well for G !!!

Warley N has Broadwater junction - a work in progress new layout - I have helped/ hinder its production but despite this have started a good layout, sufficently work in progress first trains ran today after setting up.

DEMU and N soc have "remonstartors" !!!! usual suspects harming plasticard etc in the name of modelling do stop by and say hello ! they get lonely.

Robert Shrives

I will no doubt see you all around - I am a roving steward both days.

Sounds like it's going to be a very good show. Will be setting off early from the South Coast.

There are going to be some exciting product debuts, I'm sure of that.

I have a feeling it's going to leave a hole in my wallet!

Little feed-up as iam not going this year due to Football commitment up in the north-west ( Damn Football fixtures ) and having to

Work this Sunday But definatly eager to find out about Dapol's "NEW" prouduct ( Catenary Gantries Perhaps ?????) well only 10.5 hrs To Wait

Enjoyed the show immensely. Dapol's bargain table was rather nice... Class 67 for £50 brand new? Why yes Dapol, I think that'll do nicely.

Decent selection of layout this year, much less foreign stuff than last year which is an improvement in my opinion, and a very decent spread of everything from Steam to bang up-to-date Diesels. Favourites would have to be Welham Green (a classic) and Bishops Bridge, which as a southern boy was right up my street! Ashburton Grove was also particularly good, the lower level depot was an interesting feature and the RHTT was very impressive as well.

I did notice however a number of layouts that seemed to suffer from a dearth of trains on the layout, which really spoilt them. Batty Moor and Lytton CPR were in desperate need of some movement at points of the day, and Choates Lane could have done with a few things other than the two Eurostar's belting it round. I think Batty Moor may have been operating to a timetable of some sort, but it seemed ton be a very quiet one!

Selection of retailers was good, finally got a decent look at Electra Railway Graphics's products, which has almost convinced me to tackle a Class 442. I never even got near most of the BachFar stand as the scrum was 4 deep at most points!

All in all, a very good day. (And my wallet is a fair bit lighter!)

I had a brilliant time at the show today. Great to see so much for N gauge. Managed to pick myself up a couple of bits to pull me out of my "three weeks off" layout building. The Dapol semaphores look brilliant! Can't wait!

Should have checked this thread out before to see who was going, but will just have to make a better effort next time to say hello to forum members!

Have fun anybody going to the Sunday show!

Regards

Lee

Absolutely shattered now, had a cracking (And expensive) day out. Buy of the day had to be a Farish 14 for £30, whilst I'm still convincing myself that Tornado was an early birthday present. Never bought a kettle before....Finally joined the 2mm gang, too.

Good mix of layouts today, really enjoyed the show, cheers all who stopped by the DEMU stand and had a chat

jo

Great show, thanks to all the organisers, exhibitors, demonstrators and traders!

Picked up a 2mm wagon and track taster pack - food for thought for the next layout, the track looks incredible. Also got a shark kit and another dogfish for my engineers rake. Plenty of great layouts, from the humungous to the tabletop - I especially liked the neat little Scottish keyside layout, and the lake on one of the steam era layouts Roundy was jaw-droppingly good.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Just got back from a very enjoyable day at the N Gauge International show. As no one else has, I thought I would post some photos - sorry; they are pretty poor quality as they were just snapped on the phone...

Farish Nuclear Flask wagon - test mouldings. Three different versions, as in OO. Anticipate models in the shops next summer.

post-420-0-05523400-1315758559_thumb.jpg

CJM Class 50. Body mastered by Bernard Taylor. Initially available in BR Blue - refurbished versions in NSE and Large Logo (plus any other livery!) available in due course. The model features CJM's new Titan chassis, which offers improved slow running. Although launched today, CJM is not quite ready to start shipping these locos as the glazing panels aren't quite finished. Still no working lights though!

post-420-0-11140800-1315758611_thumb.jpg

Fine mesh detail on CJM Class 50.

post-420-0-95072900-1315758730_thumb.jpg

Unrefurbished versions - before roof inset fan grilles were plated over.

post-420-0-25300100-1315758788_thumb.jpg

On the Dapol stand there were some factory painted bubble cars (these should be in the shops within weeks) along with a Class 66 in GBRf's one-off livery designed by children at a primary school. The real loco was only unveiled a couple of months ago, so this is quick work!

post-420-0-45788300-1315759161_thumb.jpg

post-420-0-00718300-1315758843_thumb.jpg

BR Blue 26s were on sale; Dapol were showing off the other livery variants including BR Railfreight, BR Green and Coal sector.

post-420-0-18219100-1315759288_thumb.jpg

Launched by PG Models was a Challenger tank in pewter. Available in two versions - either with standard tracks, or with the tracks "jogged" to allow it to sit correctly on a low loader. Challengers are too big for the real railway - but Paul Gandy offers numerous vehicle suitable for Warflats and Warwells including Warriors, Scorpions, FV432 family etc.

post-420-0-27788900-1315759341_thumb.jpg

And although I didn't take any photographs, the working Tomix bus on Osborn's stand was very impressive. Can be bought in a set with track for £60, but in November Osborn's expecting to receive some stand alone chassis. Unlike the Faller system, where batteries need recharging, these models work on simple watch batteries. And they move in a more realistic, slower way, IMO.

Some great layouts too - all in all a superb day out.

cheers

Ben A.

Archived