A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Gosh! those windows are so big - in the fourth photo you can see right through into the 50’s!

It might be worth getting Sven’s advice on close coupling, Samantha agrees.

There are no 'Hoovers' behind the Gates, just some old coaches.

Des Easil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Black loco requests on a Friday CK. :onthequiet:

Ah, thanks, I see what you mean now. Sorry for being so dim.

I nearly bought a blue loco this afternoon, and maybe even a black one with a tender, but I was put off by the indifferent attitude of the person behind the counter, so I didn't.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ah, thanks, I see what you mean now. Sorry for being so dim.

I nearly bought a blue loco this afternoon, and maybe even a black one with a tender, but I was put off by the indifferent attitude of the person behind the counter, so I didn't.

Which emporium was that ?

• RMweb Premium

Rob you are a genius. You got an Oxford Radio to move without falling off the track etc.

CK, I have walked away from many a store, counter, stall for not being treated with good customer care by someone that should have known better. A few have been MR related but many have just been local or town shops. I can forgive shy youngsters just doing a boring Saturday job but I will not put up with adults that should know how to treat their customers. There are places and on line businesses I will buy from just for the hell of it because they offer great customer service, even 'remotely'.

Victor Meldrew.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

One adjacent to a well-known heritage railway.

I might go back whenever I can escape, and see if someone else is serving.

That's surprising they are normally very friendly in there I'll keep an eye next year when I'm down for the dining train, but maybe the chap has SWMBO trouble too. 

• RMweb Gold

For those interested, a livery sample of Bachmann's forthcoming Dumbleton Hall is on display at Warley, and can be seen, courtesy of adb968008, here

Looks like Rob's petitioning worked - it's unlined both above and below the footplate!

Cheers, 

CoY

Thanks and I'll try and get a better side on shot tomorrow.

• Like 2