A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

• RMweb Gold

A lasercut model is also available (https://railmodel.co.uk/products/engine-shed-princetown-4mm).

Should be simple enough to shorten it if you want a smaller model.

Not familiar with these but have potential although having a water tower on the model compromises the one I already have in situ somewhat.

• RMweb Premium

Tim, do you mean the grubby coach coupled to the 14xx, which is a venerable auto trailer, or the rather cleaner one which is a BG?

Chris

Thanks Chris, was referring to the auto trailer. I take it, it's quite an old diagram?

Cheers

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Gold

Looks a bit like it was taken at Newton Abbot, but the building in the background should be in stone, not brick.

Actually, thinking about it, I really don't think it's Newton Abbot, but I'm not now sure where it is.

Edited by Captain Kernow

Definitely Cloucester central:

attachicon.gifGloucester_(Central)_Station_geograph-2591649-by-Ben-Brooksbank.jpg

Creative Commons Attribution Share-alike license 2.0

Source: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2c/Gloucester_%28Central%29_Station_geograph-2591649-by-Ben-Brooksbank.jpg

But not one, but two auto trains!

Your begining to upset me now, I drive past there 4 days a week for work, and I've never seen anything as nice as that. (Only filthy Colas class 66s on the

rail-head Treatment Trains lately).

• RMweb Gold

OK then, I will, thanks.

Robin, I think it's Gloucester Central.

Never been to Gloucester but have enjoyed their cheese. Anyone seen the cheese advent calendar that's available.

• RMweb Gold

Never been to Gloucester 

My train used to reverse there once every four weeks back in the mid-nineties. Actually it's a fair bet it also reversed there the days I wasn't on board, but I can't swear to that. I joined the train at Swindon, was en route Derby. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I can't believe that I'm getting wound up about someone's negative attitude to the new Julie Walters 'Coastal Railways' series on TV. What are things coming to?

I enjoyed it but I'm easily pleased and also it's been said that my swmbo is a dead ringer for Mrs Weasley. ;) 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I can't believe that I'm getting wound up about someone's negative attitude to the new Julie Walters 'Coastal Railways' series on TV. What are things coming to?

I agree, had some chap on Farcebook demanding the programme show more trains and give more detail such as boiler pressure and tractive effort.  I asked if he meant Ms Walters and pointed out that information is for Mr Grant Roffey and Mr Grant Roffey only.

I may or may not have also called him a w####r.