A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Rather nice it looks too,

Though I’m still not sure if I would pay the extra for new over removing the lining from an earlier second hand hall

Maybe so Rich but having badgered one of their design team via a link from Graham Muz it would be unkind of me not to buy at least one now.

• Like 2

Maybe so Rich but having badgered one of their design team via a link from Graham Muz it would be unkind of me not to buy at least one now.

I like the sentiment Robin, and I'd think that if we want to see post-war GWR liveries on future locos from Bachmann and others, it'd be good to show that they sell!

• RMweb Premium

You won't like my purchase tomorrow of the Bulleid diesel from Kernow Models then. :jester:  Ian Hargrave is a Western man and he's bought one !

I'm a steam dude and I have one ordered..... SOSJ 1953. If I am completely bar my I will buy one of the LMS Twins as well.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Sven has just given this advice about close coupling

“Get your Rocos off, turn them upside down and show off your pipework”

Samantha suggests contact adhesive for suppleness

Perhaps I'm missing something here Mike, but why did you do this? Couldn't you add the pipes to the Rocos when they are the right way up? Isn't there more chance of them uncoupling inadvertently if they are upside down?

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gif116307633_c5a5365fff_z.jpg

AHEM !

Whats all this about ?

Are we to expect further invasions on Great Western tracks ?

Hmmm ......

A.D.Edicatedfanof - G.W

Clearly that chap thinks it's time we got rid of the narrow gauge (and I don't mean 16.5mm gauge but what the proper railway so rightly called narrow gauge).

Incidentally I find that after doing a bit of sketching and figuring, plus allowance for slightly underscale 16.5 mm gauge in 4mm scale, Mr Peco's very nice new bullsh*thead points give an underscale 6 foot when used to model a line where the gauge was narrowed and the platform faces weren't moved closer together on a line.  So some fill-in pieces might be needed ;)

And while on that subject I had a pleasant chat with one of Mr Peco's people at Warley yesterday and he confirmed that crossings and slips are next on the list so I duly enlightened him to the fact that single slips were probably more frequently found than diamond crossings.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps I'm missing something here Mike, but why did you do this? Couldn't you add the pipes to the Rocos when they are the right way up? Isn't there more chance of them uncoupling inadvertently if they are upside down?

I had thought the couplings looked rather obtrusive in the normal position and I tried inverting them , then stumbled on Dunsignalling’s thread ‘Useful modification for Roco and Hornby couplers’ where the topic had already been discussed

They function as normal - except you can’t uncouple with a ramp but the advantage is that there is much less of the bulky coupling visible between the coaches because they are some 4mm higher allowing daylight to be seen between the bogies.

It appeals to me as my track is at eye level!

They do stay firmly coupled as gravity does not affect the mechanism.

Edited by Limpley Stoker

• RMweb Gold

I'm not one to moan but.... :jester: 

Do you remember the scene in the " Dambusters " where Michael Redgrave [barnes Wallis] goes to the Air Ministry to be told what good reason can you give me to have a Wellington for tests. I helped design it was his reply. Similarly today on the Bachmann stand two youngsters told me the Hall was only viewable to members of their club but it will be available next May to purchase. Don't they know who I am.....

I'm not one to moan but.... :jester:

Do you remember the scene in the " Dambusters " where Michael Redgrave [barnes Wallis] goes to the Air Ministry to be told what good reason can you give me to have a Wellington for tests. I helped design it was his reply. Similarly today on the Bachmann stand two youngsters told me the Hall was only viewable to members of their club but it will be available next May to purchase. Don't they know who I am.....

Obviously not........did you go in disguise?

• RMweb Gold

It was good to see Pat Lockley and Townstreet at Warley and here's his two sheds up close and personal. Thoughts on the generic single road version please.

post-126-0-67620900-1511721000_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-55343800-1511721016_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-60769500-1511721031_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-77811500-1511721049_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-41248000-1511721064_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-41457900-1511721081_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-20217100-1511721095_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-83795200-1511721113_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-40407600-1511721127_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-10930100-1511721141_thumb.jpg

• Like 9