A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

The binmen won't bother again then Tim.

Well, the snow has got until Friday to bu*ger off.

Even if they do miss it, it's the recyclables this week, which is easier to manage if you have to keep it for another fortnight.

• RMweb Premium

Surely that's the arrivals end phil? It will have run round after the 1015 cleared the other platform?

The Hall had been on the front of that and after being about half an hour down they uncoupled and it ran off!

• RMweb Premium

It would appear that when there are just two trains, they cross at Crowcombeish and just use P2 which is the public Car Park side of the Station. The arriving loco then runs round through P1 after taking water at the Taunton end. It could turn on the triangle but most I've watched run tender first from Minehead and just stay that way.

P

• RMweb Gold

It would appear that when there are just two trains, they cross at Crowcombeish and just use P2 which is the public Car Park side of the Station. The arriving loco then runs round through P1 after taking water at the Taunton end. It could turn on the triangle but most I've watched run tender first from Minehead and just stay that way.

P

I am disappointed that there is no P4 in those sentences.

• RMweb Gold

Well, the snow has got until Friday to bu*ger off.

Even if they do miss it, it's the recyclables this week, which is easier to manage if you have to keep it for another fortnight.

Blimey, if we miss our recycling week for any reason we're down to putting stuff in transparent plastic sacks because the bin is full.  Whereas the slightly smaller 'ordinary rubbish' bin could often manage to miss its collection and go another fortnight with no problems at all.

• RMweb Gold

Rob, if you want to move Spitfire on and 'someone' would make it BR 1960 for me then I'd be interested.

Phlute

No way as it's being remedied as we speak with new Fox plates and a better weathering job.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Whatever happened to the Avon Lady? Max Factor.

My daughter, who grew up in the erstwhile County of Avon, worked for Max Factor married a man called Max, producing a son, so the Fact is confirmed. All true!

The proper use of Talcum powder is to produce a matte finish when added to gloss paint.....

• RMweb Gold

Whatever happened to the Avon Lady? Max Factor.

There is a Wheeltappers thread where a member, who holds down a full-time job, seems to be forever running round doing pickups and drops for his Avon Lady wife. So the Avon Lady is alive and well and living in comfortable circs in the East Midlands. Her slave, meanwhile.....