A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Dont think so Robin. I think that is class K....pick up branch freight,mineral or ballast.

GWR shunting is a red light on the top iron front and rear.......I think.....remembering what Mike said.....that BR changed this in 1948 to red and white lights on buffer beam....front and rear

Cheers

John

• RMweb Gold

We need to collar Dave Jones and ask then.

You would be better off asking Chris at Kernow Models Rob I don't think the Carbuncle Kid would hold spares for commisioned models.  :biggrin_mini2:

• RMweb Gold

You would be better off asking Chris at Kernow Models Rob I don't think the Carbuncle Kid would hold spares for commisioned models.  :biggrin_mini2:

Think that's right.  I emailed same suggestion to DJ after 48xx came out, but had no response.  I'd be in the market for a dozen or two, having had little success in persuading other makes of screw link into that typical GWR 'stowed' configuration.

• RMweb Gold

Think that's right.  I emailed same suggestion to DJ after 48xx came out, but had no response.  I'd be in the market for a dozen or two, having had little success in persuading other makes of screw link into that typical GWR 'stowed' configuration.

We need some hanging to the left as well as to the right ( suits you sir! ) so perhaps an opportunity for 3D printing- there must be a market for them.

• RMweb Premium

It doesn't look like the Hornby GW green has improved with this new release.

attachicon.gifR3516_3283449_Qty1_1.jpg

attachicon.gifR3516_3283449_Qty1_2.jpg

attachicon.gifR3516_3283449_Qty1_ruler.jpg

Courtesy Hatton's.

Agreed. That isn't GWR Loco Green. Brunswick would be better and they have forgotten one of the chimney holes. Silly Billys.

S. Lackpipe

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Also released are the Hornby horseboxes in a three pack.

attachicon.gifR6883_3370666_Qty1_3.jpg

attachicon.gifR6883_3370666_Qty1_ruler.jpg

Courtesy Hatton's.

That looks quite a well detailed Van but the couplings are hideous. Wish they would make them as 'afterfits' or remove them for pics.

Three pack for the weekend Sir?

Willy Packet

• RMweb Gold

Nothing I can't fix  :jester:  :jester:

I wasn't going to say anything but I'm a rather pi**ed off this afternoon. I wasn't happy with 5071 deep down , that's why I haven't shewn it much since last October.

Modelmaster plates were bought last year, so I thought, posted with loco to get weathered etc. It appears mine weren't used on the model and these were instead with no relief. I hadn't took them out the packet to look at them at purchase and didn't notice till pointed out this afternoon.

I'm surprised no one on here picked up on it but I feel I've been done.

post-126-0-84911100-1521220716_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I wasn't going to say anything but I'm a rather pi**ed off this afternoon. I wasn't happy with 5071 deep down , that's why I haven't shewn it much since last October.

Modelmaster plates were bought last year, so I thought, posted with loco to get weathered etc. It appears mine weren't used on the model and these were instead with no relief. I hadn't took them out the packet to look at them at purchase and didn't notice till pointed out this afternoon.

attachicon.gifStitched up like a kipper..jpg

Sorry to hear that Rob, they certainly don’t look like the model masters plates (more like Hornby ones)

I used Modelmasters Spitfire plates on mine and if should look something like this.

post-54-0-01021000-1521221856_thumb.jpeg

attachicon.gifStitched up like a kipper..jpg

Sorry to hear that Rob, they certainly don’t look like the model masters plates (more like Hornby ones)

I used Modelmasters Spitfire plates on mine and if should look something like this.

post-54-0-01021000-1521221856_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifA8321F30-7587-401A-87B4-994C4E5E4BF3.jpeg

You've confirmed what I suspected, the cabside number plates are the Modelmaster ones on Rob's, but the so-called nameplates aren't..

post-7000-0-89282100-1521226561_thumb.jpg

.. they are Tampo printed rather than etched, no prep was done either before they were fitted - once I removed the splashers, the plates just popped off with just me using my finger nail and hardly any pressure.

post-7000-0-95709100-1521226880_thumb.jpg

(Rob's Spitfire is currently in the Malachite Green and Sunshine Yellow Hospital for Sick Bulleids (funded by the MiM) - she will make a full recovery*.)

*Though I have advised Rob to keep her away from SPAM  :jester:

Edited by toboldlygo
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Agreed. That isn't GWR Loco Green. Brunswick would be better and they have forgotten one of the chimney holes. Silly Billys.

S. Lackpipe

Indeed, but wasn’t George III also the Duke of Brunswick ? which should earn him the proper green!

• Like 2